Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oline not liking Ramsey??

jbooma

If anything, Ramsey should have a problem with the OLine. You can't tell me that Ramsey is getting killed because the OLine is letting it happen because they don't like him. Ramsey plays his heart out and does remarkably well for the little protection he gets.

The OLine should be shipped out if there is any truth to them not liking Ramsey.

Heck, I don't care at this point whether they like Ramsey or not...what they NEED to do is learn how to block. Say what you want about the Norv years, but this team, right now, is possibly the WORST Redskin team I have had the misfortune of watching in 20 years.

Maybe SPurrier doesn't like him...calling plays that require Ramsey to hold the ball waiting for the long routes to open up, KNOWING that he's only going to have 2-3 seconds to actually do it...

Originally posted by Muskrat

Maybe SPurrier doesn't like him...calling plays that require Ramsey to hold the ball waiting for the long routes to open up, KNOWING that he's only going to have 2-3 seconds to actually do it...

I would believe that first. I mean we all know Wuerful is Spurrier's boy and if you all remember Spurrier wanted to trade Pat last year before the season started because he held out.

Why beat around the bush we all know the o-line has to be fired but that can't happen in the middle of the season.Look for that at the end of the year.PR should be able to change the plays at the line and have his line block regardless if the play is right or wrong.The talent is not there as far as the o-line is concernd, they get beat on dam near every play.Steve needs to start with letting Samuels go.In my opinion he is as worthless as a screen door on a submarine

Originally posted by Trung24

I would believe that first. I mean we all know Wuerful is Spurrier's boy and if you all remember Spurrier wanted to trade Pat last year before the season started because he held out.

So you think Spurrier is TRYING to throw the season and the Ramsey's career out the window? I DON'T THINK SO!

Samuels is worthless? He was a high first round draft pick and has been to the Pro Bowl the last two seasons. Yes, he hasn't played up to the same level he did in previous seasons. But he hasn't been beaten horribly every single game. Lately, most of the pressure Ramsey is feeling comes from our TE's and RB's not being able to pick up the blitz, Samuels is usually helping Dockery since he seems to be incapable to blocking anyone.

Originally posted by Buck.

So you think Spurrier is TRYING to throw the season and the Ramsey's career out the window? I DON'T THINK SO!

No I'm not trying to say that. I'm just saying I would believe what Muskrat posted rather than the O-line screwing PR.

This oberservation originated with Collingsworth (or maybe it was Aikwoman) doesn't matter, they are both knowledgable guys, but they are also media whores of the worst bandwagon jumping type. I will speak for the O-line....They'd like nothing more than for Patrick to have a clean jersey at the end of ther day. After all it's their rep!

Samuels is worthless?

Yes.

He was a high first round draft pick and has been to the Pro Bowl the last two seasons.

Orlando Pace has attended some pro bowls too. Doesn't mean he's a good player.

Samuels overachieved in his rookie season and has been overrated garbage ever since. He had more bad games than good ones in his last "pro bowl" year. One thing that's always been a constant - he can't run block. Now he's among the worst at run & pass blocking.

A LT is needed just as badly as anyone on the DL. Bring back Andy Heck.

Ok, he played injured last season because we had no one behind him to protect the QB. After he got over his injuries, he was back to dominating DE's. Don't overexagerate it.

To say a player overachieved is to say he played well while possessing no talent. If you are relating this to Samuels have no clue what you're talking about. He was the top rated tackle in in draft class by a large margin.

You say he can't run block, yet when Stephen was here he pulling for him and helping Davis get plenty of yards. To say he's never been a good run blocker is only saying you haven't watched many games.

And bring back Andy Heck?? Heck is retired and in no way capable of doing any better than Samuels is right now.

Next game, actually pay attention to the OL and see how Samuels is rarely blocking the DE anymore because he's blocking in to give Dockery help. The pressure coming from his side, and the sacks, mostly come from the RB whiffing on sacks or the TE getting ****slapped.

In 1999, Stephen Davis had his career best year. Who was the LT then?

Davis always favored the right side - Jansen and Johnson. Once Tre got bogged with injuries, Davis became an average back that fumbled a bit and constantly choked on 3rd, 4th and shorts. He's now flourishing in Carolina. He sure doesn't miss Samuels' blocking.

Samuels is rarely blocking the DE anymore because he's blocking in to give Dockery help. The pressure coming from his side, and the sacks, mostly come from the RB whiffing on sacks or the TE getting ****slapped.

At least you got one thing right, he's rarely blocking the DE anymore.

There's been more than enough pressure coming from Samuel's man before Dockery entered the picture. Samuels was simply horrible in the Jets opener and continues to get beat by power rushers. Samuels' only real strength is dancing with the faster footed, weaker DE's, which is an art he mastered against smaller oponents throughout his days in Alabama.

Archived