Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins: Keyshoen Jarrett S Virginia Tech

TSO

If last night's fight was the first I'd seen, I'd have no idea what you were talking about here.

Haha, had boxing on the brain bc of last night.  Of course, problem with that weight class is you just don't see the crushing knock outs.

But Jarrett's hits look like the equivalent of what Tyson would throw back in the day.

Let me preface this by pointing out I'm a UVA fan...

I will never complain about a Virginia Tech player being taken in the 6th or 7th round.

Why?

Because even though I hate Tech, I respect Beamer and what that program does well...and that's special teams. Generally I want my late round players, regardless of position, being able to be a fiend on teams. To contribute, if nothing else, on that unit. I'm almost always confident that a player coming out of Tech is going to be able to play on that unit, and likely be a solid, if not good, player for it.

That's why I'm fine with Jarrett and think he sticks even though we have a LOT of "safety depth" on this team...because I think he's going to be a great teams guy.

Safety is going to be interesting this year, as we don't have high end talent but we've got a lot of depth that i'll be interesting to see how things play out.

Jerron Johnson, Duke Ihenacho, Akeem Davis, Phillip Thomas, Trenton Robinson.....

My guess? We keep 5 Safeties. Two starters, one "swing" Safety, and two special team studs in Akeem and Jarrett.

How do you pronounce his first name?

It's "KY-shawn".

VT grad here.  Watched Kyshoen in person from Day 1 until now.  Coming in, he had a lot of success early and I thought he was fast-tracking into becoming a superstar. But he sorta plateaued a bit.  His size and playing style lead him into getting banged up a bit.

I think he'll be a solid special teams player and have a backup role in the secondary, but I don't think he's a starter down the road.

Someone above wondered if he was our Kam Chanellor.  I don't think that will be the case.  Kam is a much bigger player than Kyshoen.  They have similar playing styles but I don't think Kyshoen's body can hold up to the pounding like Kam's does.  

Hope I'm wrong about Jarrett but that's my honest opinion.

Archived