Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Desmond had cost himself so much money. He should've took the $90 mil the Lerners were offering.

He'll probably get a similar amount from somebody. Unless he goes nuts in the 2nd half, he's just about blown his chance of getting the kind of deal he wanted.

He'll probably get a similar amount from somebody. Unless he goes nuts in the 2nd half, he's just about blown his chance of getting the kind of deal he wanted.

This funk reminds me of Adam Dunns first year with the white sox after he left here.

Welcome to a world where Danny Espinosa has one of the best WARs not just on the team but probably all of baseball.

1.7 WAR at second base. Though, to be fair, if he had started at SS like he should have been, he's probably top 3 at that position.

For the love of all that is holy in baseball, bench Desmond until after the ASB.

It sucks that he's not going to be here next year

It does, but I think the Nats are making the  right call. I think there's something to their research in to TJS recovery and how long they're good for.

Plus, there's still a chance that Strasburg figures it out. Between the two, Strasburg with it figured is much more valuable than Zimmermann.

It does, but I think the Nats are making the  right call. I think there's something to their research in to TJS recovery and how long they're good for.

Plus, there's still a chance that Strasburg figures it out. Between the two, Strasburg with it figured is much more valuable than Zimmermann.

Max basically takes JZim's spot in the rotation. Which to me is an upgrade going forward considering the TJS history

Max basically takes JZim's spot in the rotation. Which to me is an upgrade going forward considering the TJS history

Well not really considering we're losing Fister as well. Unless Lucas comes up I really don't see how we replace both arms next year? Cole is terrible, I don't care what anybody says.

Still upset from the draft, I guess?

Some have it, some don't.

Smart ass quotient +1.

Nah not upset. Just see no reason for you to be a jerk. I wasn't being an dick towards you at all, just reiterating what pretty much everyone has said, including Jordan himself.

How do we already know that a player won't be with us next season? Aren't we still in this season?

Also, Nats been on fire lately!! Probably going to a game in August. Hopefully we'll still be good by then

There's no way to know for certain but all signs are pointing to Jordan leaving. The club hasn't made much of an effort to sign him long-term and he seems ready to go. It sucks because he's worth every penny he's going to be paid next year and beyond.

I don't necessarily think he wants to go home, I just think he wants to get paid(as he should, nothing wrong with that). His hometown team is Milwaukee but they're rebuilding and they're a small market team, they won't pay him. Cubs could, but they just shelled out big bucks for Ps last off season. But one team that does need P seemingly is Boston and you know they got the money for him....

Archived