Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

eat it you moustached son of a ****

karma ... 

"I love it when nobody says you have a chance to win. There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8," Arians said. "You figure it out." I was pretty sure no one could top Jeff Fisher's sending out six captains to face the Redskins move in terms of a head coach firing shots at another team, but Arians has somehow outdone himself.

"Everybody wanted to talk all that stuff about how great their defense is. I think they saw a good defense tonight, it was in red and white," Arians said. "We blocked them. I think they had been reading their press clippings way too much."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24882109/bruce-arians-rips-people-for-picking-always-8-8-rams

Hard to say.

We did at least get one good year out of the trade. Now, it was meant for long-term success, so you can definitely say we failed there.

For me, it's hard to say who really "won" this trade.

Here's the players the Rams received: DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, G Rokevious Watkins, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, OT Greg Robinson.

Pead has 75 career yards, Stacy has 19 carries the last 8 weeks, Bailey has 622 career yards, Watkins played in 4 games before being cut, Jenkins is a decent CB, Brockers is solid, Olgetree isn't bad, and Robinson is a rookie. Yes, they got some decent players on the team, but let's not act all those players they drafted are studs.

its not hard at all, the Rams won the trade by a lot.

They have guys that are still on their team and will be there for the next few years.

The guy we have is probably gone this April. WE lost.

its not hard at all, the Rams won the trade by a lot.

They have guys that are still on their team and will be there for the next few years.

The guy we have is probably gone this April. WE lost.

That's great if they have players still on their team, but if they're contributing as much to a successful season as Griffin is right now, does that really mean they won?

To me, it's like a trade in fantasy football. Just because you're reciving more players in the trade, doesn't necessarily mean you won the trade. If the guys you traded for aren't making your team better, did you really win the trade?

That's great if they have players still on their team, but if they're contributing as much to a successful season as Griffin is right now, does that really mean they won?

To me, it's like a trade in fantasy football. Just because you're reciving more players in the trade, doesn't necessarily mean you won the trade. If the guys you traded for aren't making your team better, did you really win the trade?

that Rams defense is disgusting and Jenkins, Ogletree, and Brockers are vital cogs in that. Lets be honest here. Jenkins is way more than solid. He is a damn good cornerback and better than any player we have on our roster.

Those guys are contributing much more than what RG3 is contributing to this team and will contribute more to the Rams in the future.

If you are sitting back and looking at the results of that trade and think its still a push, then you are so off the deep end that its not worth having a rational conversation with you. Its just not true. We lost the trade.

The Rams problem is they have a charlatan coach and no QB.

we got a playoff appearance from it (if you want to know how great that was ... ask a Cowboy fan about thier recent playoff apperances)

head to head vs. the Rams ... at worst a wash

in general ... worst thing to happen to the Redskins in my memory ... a team that was (and continues to be) a talent void across the entire roster .... 4 potential starting players (at a minimum might have been able to pick up another day 1 or 2 pick since some of those were very high picks) traded for 1 QB who would start day 1, have no internship and with Grossman as his "veteran" mentor and an equally unproven and unprepared Cousins as back up.  Has nothing to do with Griffin ... just a felony stupid thing to do to a franchise that needed to rebuild ... and honestly Griffin as well

that Rams defense is disgusting and Jenkins, Ogletree, and Brockers are vital cogs in that. Lets be honest here. Jenkins is way more than solid. He is a damn good cornerback and better than any player we have on our roster.

Those guys are contributing much more than what RG3 is contributing to this team and will contribute more to the Rams in the future.

If you are sitting back and looking at the results of that trade and think its still a push, then you are so off the deep end that its not worth having a rational conversation with you. Its just not true. We lost the trade.

The Rams problem is they have a charlatan coach and no QB.

Again, I don't see how it's clear we lost the trade.

Both teams made the trade hoping they would get better.

The Rams brought Fisher in in 2012. Since the trade, the Rams are 20-25-1. Yes, better our record over that time period, but no winning seasons. Yes, they have some nice players they acquired, but it hasn't led to the team getting any better. Sure, their defense is good, but they aren't getting results. All you heard about his how this trade was so great for the Rams, then where are the results?

I'm not trying to justify the trade on our end because the last 2 years have not made it look good for us. But after the 2012 season, just about everyone said that trade was worth it for us. We've at least had a little success since the deal, the Rams are basically the same team they were from before they made the deal.

This isn't like the Herschel Walker trade that enabled the Cowboys to embark on their dynasty run. None of those guys even have a Pro Bowl apperance.

I'm not trying to justify the trade on our end because the last 2 years have not made it look good for us.

and it wont look good for us going into the future.

This isn't like the Herschel Walker trade that enabled the Cowboys to embark on their dynasty run. None of those guys even have a Pro Bowl apperance.

is this the scale we judge whether a team won a trade or not? Whether it turns into a Herschel Walker-like trade? Thats a ridiculous standard and shows that you are not able to have a rational discussion on this topic.

Again, RG3 will more than likely not be a player for this team anymore. The Rams defense is one of the best units in the NFL now and its because they got 3 starters from this trade.

The issue they have is a bad coach and terrible offense (Brian Schottenheimer is another of these Legacy hires that show they have no real ability to coach in this league. Sounds familiar.) but that team is talented and have a great foundation to build.

We have nothing.

Whoa, whoa, whoa on the Jenkins talk.

He's been the most victimized guy on their D all year and this was highlighted last night by announcers... After he was beat on long ball by Floyd.

Rams are 6-10, 7-9 for the remaing life of this trade.

Nobody won. Frankly, I'd take RG3s potential over a bad franchise with a handful of above average players.

Just went back and reread the article to make sure I didn't miss anything. It didn't explain what a coin toss was either. Since nobody can answer me, I assume I'm not the only one. I did find this wikipedia page which may be helpful for those who aren't familiar with the practice... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_flipping. I do have a few questions though that maybe somebody can answer.

1. Why do they call the eagle side 'Tails'? Seems like it would make a lot more sense just to call it 'Eagle'.

2. The article says I'm supposed to say what side it's going to land on while it's still in the air. That doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what side it's going to land on when it's in the air.

3. In the demonstration, it says land "on" but it's actually the opposite, right? Like it landed on it's head, you actually call Eagle.

4. What if it lands on it's edge? Tie?

How long have you been watching football? Heck, how long have you been living on planet earth? I feel like this post is made by someone living in a bizarro world without coins. This is something elementary school aged kids do to learn about probability.

It's like you've somehow managed to not watch a single Super Bowl, Championship game, or overtime game ever. They all make a point to show the coin toss.

I can't believe that this is the type of person I argue with on ES. This has changed everything for me.

Archived