Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time for fan support, not QB controversy

Bacon

I agree with the OP...but I find it disingenuous at this time with this fan base.

So many wanted to drone on incessantly & bash our starting QB, & now we're all supposed to forget that & take up arms with these happy mcgloat-a-lots. I root for the team first & foremost, & next man up is certainly the mantra right now. Still...it is difficult for me to accept that now these people who were bashing RGIII just want us to all get along.

Right....NOW we're supposed to just cheer for the shirt? Where was that sentiment when RGIII started the season? I hope we win, & I'm cheering us on right in line with every other fan...but I find this an especially a tough pill to swallow. I mean...it's going to be really hard not to critique in similar fashion as incessantly as our counterparts, ad nauseum.

Just my initial, guttural, heart-level reaction.

I'm sure I'll get over it...especially if wins keep coming. ..but I feel a lot less concerned knowing the QB crop that is incoming. That is all.

Man, I know how you feel. The prideful "I told you so" stuff that goes on when one QB or the other struggles is disgusting.

Rest assured that I'm not one of those people though. As Jumbo said, I am usually pragmatic to a fault (I admit to that adjective proudly), but I have been extremely supportive of Robert in the past, to the point of getting defensive. It's just Kirk's turn now.

Now that we've received good news on Robert, hopefully both QBs will shine for us this year.

Lol where was this thread when Griffin was the starter?

I doubt anyone in here isn't going to support Cousins as long as he wins.

If he comes out and sucks the next 4 weeks. I'm sure most of you will want McCoy in there as the starter.

I've learned our fan base is full of bandwagon fans. Even a QB going into his 3rd year is suppose to come out and look like, Rogers, Manning or Brees.

As for me I believe RG3 is the true deal, but I'm starting to wonder if he can stay healthy. As of right now it's Cousins job to lose.

I better not hear one more word about Cousins if he comes in and stinks it up. With that being said I want to win and I could careless who the QB is.

Kirk gets his shot and it's pretty much his job to lose as of now.

I understand that radio talking heads need to stir the pot and try to look into the future for ratings.  I don't understand why the fans can't just take it one day at a time.  No one should have been glad that RG3 got hurt.  If you were, you need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask some tough questions.  No one should begrudge success for Kirk Cousins.  If you are, you are not a fan of the team.  No should be declaring RG3's season, career, or tenure with the team to be over.  If you are, why don't you use those powers to pick lotto numbers.  No one could determine with certainty whether RG3 or Kirk Cousins have what it takes (mental, physical, and durability) to be a legit franchise QB in the NFL.  If you can, go apply for job with the front office and make sure to notify Canton to start working on your bronze bust.

It's really not surprising that respected posters seem to have a fairly similar, level-headed, reaction to the developments surrounding our QB while some people seem ready to make some Nostradamus like predictions.  It's really not hard.  We should all be glad RG3's injury wasn't worse, wish him a speedy recovery, wish the best of luck to Kirk Cousins, hope we win every game, and examine everything once RG3 is cleared to play again.  I don't know what satisfaction one gets from making what essentially is a random guess that may luckily turn out to be correct or unluckily turn out to be incorrect, but I guess I just don't get it. 

Gut feeling tells me Gruden won't allow an in-house QB controversy. If Kirk runs this offense at a high level for next couple of months then he stays with the hot hand regardless of where Roberts at health wise, you do whats best for all the players not just one. The tough decisions come after the season. The media however can create a QB controversy with only 1QB on the roster so who cares what they stir up.

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory.....(Drops Mic) lol

You're having flashbacks to the game where Kirk put up almost 400 yards and overcame 3 redzone fumbles by other players to throw a would-be game-tying TD in the final seconds of the game?

Remember how "good" RG3 looked last week, and how if only this, that, and the other thing hadn't happened, we would have eeked one out?  Well, if this, that, and the other thing hadn't happened against the Falcons we would have smoked the living **** out of them.  We would have won 48-27 (using RG3 logic, of course - a fumble in the redzone takes 7 points off the scoreboard).

Do you really think we're all dumbasses? Kirk accounted for three of those turnovers himself. He dug just as big a hole as anyone in that game against the falcons and we lost. Cut your bull**** out, it's getting old.

Archived