Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HERE IS WHY RG3 SHOULD RUN!

deepball1

Why do some people 'only' look at numbers to base their opinions?...Seriously, do people not understand this part of football?

You are one of the most anti-Redskins fans on the boards, and definitely the most anti-Robert Griffin fans.  Sorry man, but you've never gotten over the fact that Luck went to Indy and we drafted Griffin.  

For a "terrible" year, he was pretty good.  And yes, certainly NO ONE but you understands that numbers don't tell the whole story.  YOU are the only one.  Congratulations.

I think Robert has probably always been able to run through, around, and away from defenders his entire life.  The speed of the NFL has caught up with him to an extent however, and I agree with everyone who is saying it's key for him to develop a sense of what's around him and the ability to duck, dodge, slide, get out of bounds, etc.  He needs to take care of himself or it's all for naught.

On the other hand I don't think the answer is limiting his running plays, the RO, etc.  That's the gift that separates him from other QB's.  I believe we have a talented roster, but not so much that we can afford not to maximize all our gifts and put maximum pressure on D's. Even if Robert becomes a top tier pocket commander, it's not going to be enough to put the Redskins over the top anytime soon.  I think we have to take the successes of 2012 and build on them.

You are one of the most anti-Redskins fans on the boards, and definitely the most anti-Robert Griffin fans. Sorry man, but you've never gotten over the fact that Luck went to Indy and we drafted Griffin.

For a "terrible" year, he was pretty good. And yes, certainly NO ONE but you understands that numbers don't tell the whole story. YOU are the only one. Congratulations.

You know nothing about me. There isn't ONE post here saying I wanted Luck over Griffin. I said all along, I'd be fine with either guy falling to us. And I'm not anti-Griffin. I'm OBJECTIVE. Sorry, if that offends you.

I would love to see his legs more in the passing game. Be it scrambles when the pattern is full to allow our dynamic wideouts more time to get open, or designed rollouts, including with a blocker, and sprint outs, we should certainly use his legs. 

If we can live without the triple option and the other designed runs when we know he is going to take hits, great.   I have a feeling that Allen has assembled enough pieces on offense to limit his rushing attempts to bare minimum. 

This up here ^

If teams lock onto our receivers, then RG3 can kill them with his scrambling ability, as well as Morris chewing up yards and TOP. The Redskins offense will be lethal if Coach Gruden can be creative with his game planning and his system.

For as athletic as he is supposed to be...the dude just hasn't learned how to protect himself.  When he does...you'll be totally right!  But if he doesn't...you'll continue to see him get pounded. to me, it is that simple. **what I find shocking is that the dude is obviously smart (and athletic).  You would think he would have figured this out already.  <shrug>

Agreed. But I don`t think the answer is simple. In my observations of Griffin, I see a guy who is very physically talented and has the intangibles (characteristics) of a leader. And football being the sport it is.... and the psyche of the culture.... I see him as the type of guy who connects with his teammates by laying it all out on the line -- founded on the principle that he doesn`t view himself or his position as any less important than any other teammate. To me, that`s what `All in for Week 1` was. Taking the pounding all season, telling the world he`s not going to change the way he plays the game, playing through that injury leading up to tearing up his knee..... to his approach to rehab... I see a guy who loves sport. He loves being around the guys. He knows football is a tough sport... and he`s showing his teammates he`s there for them and he`s gonna bust his butt. Which is what makes him a leader... because he does have the respect of his teammates.

With that being said, now that he has their respect.... I wish he`d not expose himself unnecessarily to big hits by learning how to slide, get out of bounds or throw the ball away. He`s proven to the world what kind of guy he is....  we know Robert. He`s a tough kid. Just quit being stupid about it..... because you`re taking some huge hits every week. I`ve never seen a single player in the NFL take so many highlight reel hits. It`s ridiculous.

You know nothing about me. There isn't ONE post here saying I wanted Luck over Griffin. I said all along, I'd be fine with either guy falling to us. And I'm not anti-Griffin. I'm OBJECTIVE. Sorry, if that offends you.

I think you left objective behind when you spend a week arguing that Luck is the best QB ever because you were the only one who recognized his future greatness his freshman year in high school.  Just saying.  

It doesn't offend me, but all I said was he did "pretty well" last season considering everything he was dealing with (drama, play caller who abandoned the run with the lead, poor OL play, knee).  We aren't going to take away Luck's stats because he plays behind sometimes, why take away Griffin's.  I agree, he didn't have a great season, all I said was, "pretty good".  

But, "objective" doesn't mean negating anything positive.  There were some, and I think he'll be a better QB for it.  Enjoy cheering for Luck though, I think he's better than people give him credit for.  I don't think he's as good as you think, but I think he's a great young QB.  I think the same of Griffin, but Griffin has dealt with more adversity.  I know Luck lost receivers last season, but he also had his running still.  

We'll see how this season goes.

I think you left objective behind when you spend a week arguing that Luck is the best QB ever because you were the only one who recognized his future greatness his freshman year in high school. Just saying.

It doesn't offend me, but all I said was he did "pretty well" last season considering everything he was dealing with (drama, play caller who abandoned the run with the lead, poor OL play, knee). We aren't going to take away Luck's stats because he plays behind sometimes, why take away Griffin's. I agree, he didn't have a great season, all I said was, "pretty good".

But, "objective" doesn't mean negating anything positive. There were some, and I think he'll be a better QB for it. Enjoy cheering for Luck though, I think he's better than people give him credit for. I don't think he's as good as you think, but I think he's a great young QB. I think the same of Griffin, but Griffin has dealt with more adversity. I know Luck lost receivers last season, but he also had his running still.

We'll see how this season goes.

If we're going to have a discussion, how about you stop making things up that I never said.

1. I never said, or implied, that Luck was the best ever. So that's one lie.

2. I never said anything about watching Luck play hs football. I said I could tell from his early days at Stanford that he was going to be special. So that's two lies you've told.

3. My comments are in no way "antagonistic" of anyone towards Griffin. I said he was awful last year. And he WAS. So you are 3-3 in storytelling.

4. Lastly, not only do I not jump into any thread and bash "our guy", but I rarely even POST in the Stadium. And it's largely because of guys like YOU, who do nothing but drink the kool aid of a guy who wasn't very good last year, and routinely bash/devalue one of the best young QBs to come along in a long time.

Edit: the above post was in response to your post before you edited. Not wasting my time answering any of your latest nonsense.

The above post was in response to your post before you edited. Not wasting my time answering any of your latest nonsense.

I was being sarcastic.  It's odd that the first post you make in a thread (which is about Griffin running this year, and had little to do with passing) is that he's terrible, yet you're not being antagonistic.

That's cool, enjoy your half empty cup.  As I said before, all I said was he was "pretty good" for having to deal with all the issues he struggled through last season.  If Luck had to deal with an ACL tear, losing his #2 receiver, his best receiver TE, a porous OL, a coach that abandoned the run with the lead, he's have probably played "pretty good" too considering.  

Anyway, back to, "run or not to run."

Bubble Screen Said : "3. My comments are in no way "antagonistic" of anyone towards Griffin. I said he was awful last year. And he WAS. So you are 3-3 in storytelling."

Ermm yes they are - I have never seen you not post something not antagonistic about RGIII and you always manage to speak out about how awful RGIII into every QB thread in the stadium or ATL - If this is really what you think, maybe you should go back and re-read some of your posts because to say you are not antagonistic is verbally ironic at best and nonsense at worst 

It's odd that the first post you make in a thread (which is about Griffin running this year, and had little to do with passing) is that he's terrible, yet you're not being antagonistic.

WTF are you talking about?!?! My first post was "Hmm..", and it was in response to a poster who said Griffin won the MVP his first year in the league!!

That's CLEARLY antagonistic, yes! smh

<sigh> Can we take the slap fight back to the girl's lockerroom where it belongs and get back to the discussion at hand?

Robert needs to do more with what he has, ie. his physical talents to move need to be focused more on eluding defenders behind the line to give his receivers time to get open. Threaten the run, freeze the LBs, force the safeties to keep an eye in the backfield, but make the play with your arm and your head. Sure, occasionally, when a really good opportunity presents itself, you go and rip off 20 down the sidelines and step out so the opposing D doesn't get complacent but not as a staple of the offense. I am not overly concerned when I look at the O Gruden ran with Dalton, aware of the play developing, getting the ball out quickly, and not being a RB enough that the zebras let the cheap shots go. Hell, I'd have Robert doing ballet so he could shed tackles after getting rid of the ball.

IMO the single biggest thing that Robert needs to learn is his place in the big picture, not any one play or game but his obligations to the team and the season, and even to his career. He shouldn't have to force it, throw it away and feel confident that more chances will come.

Archived