Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

jim kelly finishes radiation (general appreciation thread)

grego

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jim-kelly-finishes-radiation-treatment--watch-supporters-greet-him-outside-hospital-225729783.html

something about kelly and the biils has always garnered my utmost respect. 

his HOF speech was awesome, with him calling his son, hunter, who suffered from krabbe disease, his hero. 

the man got his team to the super bowl 4 years in a row. thats tough. 

i became a redskin fan watching the redskins beat the bills in super bowl xxvi. 

kelly always deserved better. God bless that man. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is a little late, but it's still pretty cool:

"Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly made a surprise visit Thursday, attending Buffalo Bills practice and addressing the team before they wrapped up minicamp.

It was Kelly's first public appearance since he finished his radiation treatments for sinus cancer and was released from the hospital earlier this month.

According to The Associated Press, head coach Doug Marrone gathered his team before the start of practice and introduced Kelly, who addressed the team. The Bills legend thanked the team for their support during his second bout with cancer and encouraged them to end their 14-year postseason drought."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jim-kelly-at-buffalo-bills-practice-addresses-team-061914

• 4 weeks later...

I've always respected Kelly. He had the bad luck to go against 4 straight buzzsaws from the NFC East in the early 90's. Who knows what could have been if Norwood hits the field goal at the end of SB XXV. That Bills team was very good. I hope he can beat cancer...

I remember when he was a player in a game against the Dolphins.  Apparently he was hit by one of their DBs, a former Gator, as he was going out of bounds.  Kelly, a fomer Cane, when asked if he thought the hit was dirty.  When finding out the player who hit him was a Gator, he replied, "Then of course it was dirty" or something similar.  Still makes me laugh.  Boys will be boys.

Archived