Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 MLB Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Nats showing why they have the best bullpen in the league today.

Now that the Blue Jays have Jansen back as their closer, & McGowan assuming his role from last year after losing his starting job, Toronto now has the best pen in the majors.

6-0 this week with sweeps over Boston in Fenway & league leading Oakland at home.

They have put together a killer lineup almost by accident, moving Brett Lawrie to 2nd (where I think he should start anyways) opened up 3rd for Jusn Francisco, a power hitting left handed bat. When they start those guys at those positions, their lineup looks like this :

Reyes S

Melky S

Bautista R

Lind L

Encarnacion R (12 HR's in May)

Fransisco L

Navarro S

Lawrie R

Rasmus L (been hurt, called up Anthony Gose & Kevin Pillar to platoon)

That lineup is evil, they lead the majors in HR's, but have also hit well the other way this year-some teams have stopped shifting on Bautista, Lind & Encarnacion they are hitting the other way so often. & with the pen now stabilized, this team might be able to overcome mediocre starting pitching & make the playoffs this year.

Here's hoping they win the Jeff szjmardiz (sic, like you could spell it without looking it up) sweepstakes & solidify the rotation.

The Red Sox are really really bad this year. Didn't this team win a World Series last year?

Yeah, but after Bobby Valentine, that team would have played hard for the frozen head of Ted Williams. I think it makes the players look bad for giving up because they didn't like their coach & then trying the next year.

Now that the euphoria of the series win has worn off, they are back to earth. Losing Ellsbury has hurt them WAY more than they thought it would, he completely changed that team in offense & defense.

AL East is Turing into a 3 way race between Baltimore, Toronto & the Yankees. The Sox & Rays are done for this year unless they can pull of a Rockies like 20 game winning streak.

Now that the Blue Jays have Jansen back as their closer, & McGowan assuming his role from last year after losing his starting job, Toronto now has the best pen in the majors.

6-0 this week with sweeps over Boston in Fenway & league leading Oakland at home.

They have put together a killer lineup almost by accident, moving Brett Lawrie to 2nd (where I think he should start anyways) opened up 3rd for Jusn Francisco, a power hitting left handed bat. When they start those guys at those positions, their lineup looks like this :

Reyes S

Melky S

Bautista R

Lind L

Encarnacion R (12 HR's in May)

Fransisco L

Navarro S

Lawrie R

Rasmus L (been hurt, called up Anthony Gose & Kevin Pillar to platoon)

That lineup is evil, they lead the majors in HR's, but have also hit well the other way this year-some teams have stopped shifting on Bautista, Lind & Encarnacion they are hitting the other way so often. & with the pen now stabilized, this team might be able to overcome mediocre starting pitching & make the playoffs this year.

Here's hoping they win the Jeff szjmardiz (sic, like you could spell it without looking it up) sweepstakes & solidify the rotation.

The Jays lineup is very good, no doubt. But their pitching staff has been, by any measure, bad. 6th worst staff ERA and 2nd worst bullpen ERA. I don't see you guys making the playoffs, because at some point the Yankess, Sox and Rays will snap out of it and make a run.

Ohhh... you mean the team in third, that we've beaten 22 of the last 29 times?

Good one, bro! For a minute there I thought you were serious.

Darn, just when I though you were becoming less of a douche. Your old tendencies rear their ugly head as soon as the Braves string together a few wins I see.

Darn, just when I though you were becoming less of a douche. Your old tendencies rear their ugly head as soon as the Braves string together a few wins I see.

Just messing with ya, man.

TBH, even with a 3 game lead, I'm not very comfortable. That division as a whole, just isn't very good. If we do end up losing it, it would probably be to the Nats. Losing Fernandez will eventually catch up to the Marlins, imo.

Wasn't the Braves pitching suposed to be good? It was 6-1 and I turned the game off. Then the Red Sox, losers of 10 straight, tie it up. :lol:

Braves had the best era in baseball, entering today. If you knew anything about baseball you'd know that teams have bad games. Being that you're a Nats fan, you look really stupid coming on running your mouth, when the team you're bashing is STILL 3.5 up on your team, despite losing today.

Go post some cheeseburger with donut buns pic in the Random Thought Thread and leave the baseball discussion for the adults.

Archived