Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who do you want to be our new head coach?

RonYoungEra

Vote For Who You Want To Be Our Next Coach  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question: Who is your vote to be our next head coach?

Pretty similar to where I'm at.

Briles and Shaw are my ideal choices. Outside of them Whisenhunt is the only other to press that really intrigues me, along with Zimmer at more of a push.

Hail.

Is Joe Gibbs on payroll as consultant or just stops by for visit?

GM Mayhew worked with Gibbs and Gibbs is saying Whisenhunt would work great with Stafford in Detroit.

Y'all can cross Zimmer off the list. He was #2 for me after Whiz but he apparently won't even respond to our interview request because he's friends with Shanahan. Honestly, someone who is 57 and doesn't have many options left to become HC doing such a thing makes him not even on my list anymore anyway. 

Whisenhunt is going to Detroit. He's an offense guy, the job reportedly is his when he can interview, and he gets to work with Megatron and has Reggie Bush as well. They are the best team looking for a coach, no way he doesn't go there. Basically have to cross him off the list or risk losing out on other candidates waiting for him when he is almost a guarantee for Detroit.

Cross Briles off, cross Shaw off. Both are staying in college. Franklin is about to go to PSU. I really like him but it's a msart move, prove yourself further and then jump to NFL, follow in O'Brien's path of doing it through PSU. Franklin is going to be a good NFL coach some day IMO.

Cross Cowher and Jon Gruden off, they are staying in tv.

Your list is: Jay Gruden, Roman, Fewell, Bisaccia, McDermott, Caldwell, Fangio, Clement, Danny Smith, and Bevell.

Personally I really like Bisaccia in the head coach role for many of the same reasons Harbaugh became HC after being a good STs coach. But it's also easy to see why teams would be hesitant of an STs guy. After Bisaccia I do like Gruden the best, then Caldwell, then Fangio, then Roman. 

1. Franklin

2. Fewell

3. Quinn

4. Bevell

5. Caldwell

Haven't given up on Franklin yet but he's probably headed to State College. Fewell is very underrated. He could be the next Mike Tomlin minus the gift of gab. Quinn has all the intangibles needed to lead our defense back to respectability. Bevell would be great for Griff, Alf and the rest of the offense. Caldwell would be the perfect mentor for Griff, specifically where professionalism and media savvy is concerned. Would love to bring Wiz back home but I doubt he's willing to turn down a loaded Lions roster. Zimmer appears to be a Shanny knock off so that doesn't work for me. Jay Dogg didn't make my top 5 wish list but I have a feeling he's going to be the guy because of his relationship with Mr. Allen and because he's ready to get paid. Bisaccia is my sleeper pick if Gruden leaves us at the alter.

Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is scheduled to interview with the Lions Thursday, Titans Friday and Browns Saturday.

Link:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9269/ken-whisenhunt

I would love him to be back with the Skins.

Report: Deal between the Redskins and Jay Gruden                                                                                                                                                             could get done soon

According toMark Maske of The Washington Post,  the Redskins and Jay Gruden are making progress towards getting a contract done. The Washington Redskins and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden have made progress toward a possible agreement for him to become the Redskins’ head coach, according to two people familiar with the situation. Masked also reported this morning that there’s a chance a deal could be completed soon. From our story, two sources say an agreement between Jay Gruden and the Redskins is possible soon. One cautions nothing is definite yet. — MarkMaske (@MarkMaske) January 9, 2014 Even thought they’re making progress, nothing is certain at this point. The deliberations were at a sensitive stage and it was possible the deal still could unravel, according to one of those people, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic.

Sounds like it may happen.

Link:http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_deal_between_the_redskins_and_jay_gruden_could_get_done_soon/15498674

Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is scheduled to interview with the Lions Thursday, Titans Friday and Browns Saturday.

Link:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9269/ken-whisenhunt

I would love him to be back with the Skins.

He does have a game to try fit in around this in Denver right?

Man alive, how can he possibly be fully committed to the Chargers at this crucial time? There should be a rule that says teams can't meet with another teams personnel until after the respective teams season is done. 

Hail. 

He does have a game to try fit in around this in Denver right?

Man alive, how can he possibly be fully committed to the Chargers at this crucial time? There should be a rule that says teams can't meet with another teams personnel until after the respective teams season is done. 

Hail. 

I have no idea brother. Maybe he knows there isn't much need to study Denver with Peyton at the helm. ;)

Whatever the case, he is definitely a hot candidate.

Hail

Archived