Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First post here long time frustrated fan

syrup

I just don't understand the constant drum beat of Redskins "fans" who have dispensed with RG3!  Even precious Peyton Manning had a bad year after his neck injury. I think that the pressure on Griffin has been tremendous because everyone saw the return of Adrian Peterson and thought that RG3 would return to last year's form by week 5 or 6. Well, coming back and playing the quarterback position is a LOT different than running back! And most rookie quarterbacks have trouble in their second year. Add to that the fact that he had no time to spend in the offseason to learn what he needed to open up the offense from the "Kyle-lite" that was so successful last year (but DC's seem to have adjusted for THIS year), and the additional fact that this team just doesn't have the personnel right now (also partly the salary cap nonsense the last two years) and you can see why we just aren't very good! Hell, you can see a BIG part of the problem almost every time he throws off of his back foot because his knees are still healing. He's not 100% and won't be until sometime next year!

I just don't understand the constant drum beat of Redskins "fans" who have dispensed with RG3!

You know you can criticize RG3 and still want him as your QB.

I don't understand the constant drum beat of Redskins "fans" who think they can blame everyone but RG3.  Is he untouchable?  I mean the oline has feelings too.  So do the coaches.

RG3 has struggled this year, some of it is his fault, some of it isn't.  And that is ok....it just makes his HOF type documentary and superstar claims he made about himself make him look bad.

I just state the facts and I hope we can bring Casserly back for one more go around as a GM. Look Shanahan is not a capable HC and what he did in Denver was because he had a group of stable players and one Mr. Elway in hand. Do I envy the Eagles and what the Giants have done with Eli. Absolutely. Why hide that is my point? Yes, The Giants will also undergo changes but they will do it correctly as their ownership is very unlike Dan Snyder.

What in the world makes one a Eagle fan for stating the obvious. I wished we had got LUCK and was never an RG3 fan mainly because I do not like the running QB style of play and like the JUST RUN ENOUGH style of play. His leadership is lacking and at the NFL level the talent level is different and he needs to adjust a lot. Screw his Superman stuff. Just STFU and play is all I am saying.

Anything wrong with loving Joe Gibbs and what he did for us?

I remember the Casserly years! They SUCKED! Our greatest years were the Bobby Beathard years, and finding another Beathard is something that almost every other NFL team wants to do. Plus, it was a LOT easier in the years before free agency and salary caps to build an awesome roster. And this all brings me to another frustration on this board! .. Bruce Allen is the General Manager of the Washington Redskins. STOP saying that "we need a General Manager!" We have one.

Surround RGIII with some protection and weapons and watch!

Skins fans always gotta rant and rave about the QB.. It's the George Allen Curse..LOL

Sonny or Billy? like that was even a question!

This team needs a top ten defense..Top 5 preferred..Period!

100% correct. Even with a mending RG3, our offense is still piling up yards in most games. Morris is one of the top 5 RBs in the league even THIS year! True .. our biggest offensive problem this year is not being able to get into the end zone as often as we should once we get into the red zone. This is largely due to the fact that RG3 is just not as mobile yet as he was last year, and our offensive line is not built to pass protect a pocket passer. He WILL get there eventually,a nd we will have money to get better O-linemen next year! Our **BIGGEST** problem this year though is our DEFENSE! It is a combination of very few great players on defense, AND our defensive coordinator not properly utilizing the good players he HAS!

I remember the Casserly years! They SUCKED! Our greatest years were the Bobby Beathard years, and finding another Beathard is something that almost every other NFL team wants to do. Plus, it was a LOT easier in the years before free agency and salary caps to build an awesome roster. And this all brings me to another frustration on this board! .. Bruce Allen is the General Manager of the Washington Redskins. STOP saying that "we need a General Manager!" We have one.

Bruce Allen is a figurehead/puppet. Shanny picks the players.

Can you imagine Griffin playing in the Eagles offense?

I don't WANT to imagine RGIII playing in the Eagles's offense. Rephrase that to "Can you imagine if Chip Kelly was our coach"? And I'm someone who thought Chip was Spurrier 2.0 in the offseason.

Bruce Allen is a figurehead/puppet. Shanny picks the players.

Bruce Allen wasn't hired to be "a figurehead/puppet." He has the TITLE of "General Manager." The problem YOU apparently have is that Snyder allowed Shanahan to retain final say in personnel matters. There are a lot of NFL teams that allow that of their head coaches. Even Gibbs and Beathard had disagreements about personnel. The bottom line of this arrangement is that it is ultimately completely on Shanahan's head whether this team becomes a winner or not. But Bruce Allen will still retain the title of GM.

I simply do not think that RG3 has the mental tools to be a complete QB. period. Smoke me for it but that is the truth and his career will be that of Vick rather than that of Steve Young.

Having a Joe Gibbs like coach is uber important and my frustration comes from the fact that we keep hitting and missing on two key spots ie. having a good coach and having a good QB. Why on earth can we not get a bright young mind from the college ranks like the Stanford coach now. Give him a chance to try and mould RG3 and this team. I am done with Shanahan and his son and staff.

Bruce Allen wasn't hired to be "a figurehead/puppet." He has the TITLE of "General Manager." The problem YOU apparently have is that Snyder allowed Shanahan to retain final say in personnel matters.

Dude your wrong.  I am no offense, but Snyder, Allen both knew that Shanny was coming in to be a player personnel head coach.

When people assert how good Griffin is, they are basing it on his performance in 2012, and his NCAA success. Meanwhile, Griffin's detractors base their comments on how he's doing in 2013 season. At the risk of offending many of Griffin's staunch supporters, Griffin hasn't looked that good in 2013, meanwhile Foles is riding a hot streak. I can see why the OP might make the assertion that Foles is better.

I hate pointing fingers at Griffin when he's down, but we must acknowledgethe rest of the league worked very hard devising defenses to neutralize the threat he posed in 2012. Meanwhile, because he's recovering from a major injury, Griffin hasn't really tested how effective those new defensive plans are. So this 2013 comparison between Foles and Griffin is not completely accurate because we've yet to see what happens after Foles and Kelly are get that same kind of scrutiny from their opponents -- let's see how well they do, then.

Also, I think folks forget how "well-stocked" the Eagles cupboard was when Reid left them. They'd snagged a bunch of draft choices for QBs who were well marketed, and the Eagles tend to draft fairly well, and they were also willing to open their wallets for premium free agents. Maybe the new coaching might have been the spark they needed, to awake from their "dreaming" and to start "chopping wood." Bottom line, if/when Foles loses a few of his top defenders, he might look quite different trying to work out of the pocket.

But in all hoopla around a new coach and new QB, don't over-sell Foles. Moreover, his 2013 performance doesn't close the book on Griffin either. Frankly, I suspect in 2014, we'll see a very different -- and much improved-- Redskins quarterback, and more dangerous than Foles.

Archived