Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First post here long time frustrated fan

syrup

Normally I just read the posts and just joined the board. We were lucky to see the initial Joe Gibbs era. This franchise is now lost and we just cannot seem to get a good GM who can hire a coach to do just one thing which is COACH.

The ownership needs to think and reflect because we seem doomed to be in the cellar year after year. We get RG3 by overpaying and I feel envious that the EAGLES got a good QB in Nick Foles in the third round who is simply put the better QB without the razzle and dazzle of RG3.

How many more years of futility do we need to bear?

We were lucky to see the initial Joe Gibbs era.

You know, I was reflecting about the Redskins recently and kept coming back to this feeling. I'm 36 and would love to follow a perennial contender again in my adult life. But, I was also very fortunate to witness the best era in this franchise's history. I got to do so as a child which probably is the perfect timing in a lot of ways.

So, no matter how bad it gets or how long we struggle, the Redskins will always have so many positives associations for me. I remember Christmases with hats and jerseys under the tree. I remember fall Sundays watching the CBS NFL coverage. I remember the grudge matches against the Giants. I remember several deep playoff runs and some championships.

I'm hopeful that I get another round of great Redskin football, but I'm already so much more fortunate than many NFL fans will ever be. Hail to the Redskins!

I agree.  We look back at that era the way life-long Patriot fans (not johnny come lately's) will look back at the Bellichick era.  Only a few teams were lucky enough to enjoy sustained success like that for a decade. 

Super Bowl teams in 1982, 1983, 1987 and 1991, with three wins.  Playoffs most years. 

It doesn't get much better than that, and unfortunately for those who come here, that is the standard by which all regimes including the current one will be judged. 

If you came to troll you shouldn't announce yourself. And if you're really a redskins fan that is of the opinion that Foles is better than Griffin, well then I just feel bad for you.

I probably have been a fan of this team before you were even born. Refute my post and from watching the NFL I will tell you this much. Foles is a better pure QB than RG3 ever will be. RG3 is a better athlete for sure however not what I would want at QB. The amount we gave up for this poor excuse of a "LEADER" is just something thatw e will all regret heavily.

We need a GM first of all and a coach who is allowed to only coach along with a better scouting department. Our owner like Jerry Jones is stuck in his own dreams where he is a legend. Facts are facts and if you cannot take the criticism as an enitre organization then the failures will simply continue.

Gibbs did much more with LESS. Go back and look at how he led,...simply amzing and unlike Shanahan you will not find one person who has a bad word to say about that honorable and great man and that includes all his rivals in the NFC EAST. That my dear Sir is a coach not who we have now.

Lately we've had an influx of psuedo Redskins fans.

Mods should check this troll's IP address, there's a good chance syrup is the same guy from the "undercover" Eagles fan last September.

If you are that same ass clown from before then I'd like to congratulate you on 53 straight seasons without a Lombardi.

However, if the OP is who he says he is, then maybe he would be better off rooting for another team.

We're all frustrated, syrup, and we have zero confidence whatsoever in the owner to hire the right GM and coaches, which adds to the frustration.  We don't know when (or if) it's going to end.  We thought the Redskins had turned a corner last year, but we discovered with a healthier team this year that we are doing worse, not better.  When we are saying (yet again) in September, "just wait 'till next year!" then we pretty much know what kind of team we have.  But to be envious of the Eagles????  That's one thing I am definitely not!

The hate for RG3 on this board by some is really staggering to me.

Bipolarism?

I can't believe how quickly you are giving up on this kid.

I think it's less that he struggled, and more the off-season and how things went down with him.  I think people feel like they were duped.  "All in for week 1" and "Operation Patience" caused everybody's expectations to go through the roof. 

Now that he is struggling (as should have been expected) people are angry.  The team is 3-8.  People are angry.  Justifiably so.   

Not saying it's right to give up on him, just putting out there my opinion on why. 

I think it's less that he struggled, and more the off-season and how things went down with him.  I think people feel like they were duped.  "All in for week 1" and "Operation Patience" caused everybody's expectations to go through the roof. 

Now that he is struggling (as should have been expected) people are angry.  The team is 3-8.  People are angry.  Justifiably so.   

Not saying it's right to give up on him, just putting out there my opinion on why. 

Valid points PK. I'm mad too. Man, that New Orleans game last season had me in constant state of giddiness. The kid looked inhuman. I just hope we have not seen the last of that level of play from him.

The hate for RG3 on this board by some is really staggering to me.

Bipolarism?

I can't believe how quickly you are giving up on this kid.

I'm inclined to think this one is an Eagles agitater Chump, but your point is valid and a good one.

The crrap many are slinging at a 23 year old sophomore QB, our first real glimpse of top echelon, franchise caliber talent at the position since SonnyJ hung it up is staggering.

Hail.

I'm inclined to think this one is an Eagles agitater Chump, but your point is valid and a good one.

The crrap many are slinging at a 23 year old sophomore QB, our first real glimpse of top echelon, franchise caliber talent at the position since SonnyJ hung it up is staggering.

Hail.

I just read another post of his in another thread and you're right GHH - he's just trolling...

I trust you had a great Thanksgiving my friend.

Well said.  I think most of us had unrealistic expectations.  I've heard it takes most athletes almost two years to fully recover from an acl, mentally and physically.  Griff's injury isn't even a year old.  It's not like he tore his acl in the 2nd game of the season last year.  It happened after the 2012 regular season was over. 

The problem is like you said, a lot of people feel duped.  Most of us drank the "all in for week one", "operation patience", and "he's super human" kool-aid.  RG3's machine brought this upon themselves.  Adding slogans to a rehab process comes across as "hey, we can even make money off of an injury and market his rehab".  I can envision advertisers in a corporate board room brainstorming for slogans to find a way to cash in on RG3. 

All lot of people have been flinging ... at almost every target in the Skins organization. People are targeting each and everyone of coaching staff, Allen, Snyder, the F.O., the play book, the offensive line, various parts of the defense, the receivers, and ...yes ...the quarterback.

And the quarterback should be willing to bear a large portion of what's being flung. After all the plays on offense run are through the quarterback, and fair or not, the quarterback is looked to do something to provide that 'spark' for the team. Some feel they are seeing more drama and fizzle than spark, and are reacting.

I've noticed ES'ers flinging at the Shanahans; oddly, some of these same people during pre-season were actually praising the team's quality depth and drafting strategy and how the team was still flourishing despite Mara-engineered conditions.

All this flinging is simply a reflection of how well the team is doing lately, and I can't help but think that Griffin's current level of play is also a big part of the current problem.

I just state the facts and I hope we can bring Casserly back for one more go around as a GM. Look Shanahan is not a capable HC and what he did in Denver was because he had a group of stable players and one Mr. Elway in hand. Do I envy the Eagles and what the Giants have done with Eli. Absolutely. Why hide that is my point? Yes, The Giants will also undergo changes but they will do it correctly as their ownership is very unlike Dan Snyder.

What in the world makes one a Eagle fan for stating the obvious. I wished we had got LUCK and was never an RG3 fan mainly because I do not like the running QB style of play and like the JUST RUN ENOUGH style of play. His leadership is lacking and at the NFL level the talent level is different and he needs to adjust a lot. Screw his Superman stuff. Just STFU and play is all I am saying.

Anything wrong with loving Joe Gibbs and what he did for us?

>wants Charlie Casserly of all people back

>thinks Nick Foles is better than RGIII

>has a bias against "running QBs"

I'd rather not get mod action for the stuff I REALLY want to say but needless to say this is really dumb uninformed crap, assuming it's not a troll.

I dunno why people expected RGIII to light it up given the circumstances. A good supporting cast has us at 5-5 or better and still competitive for the division. RGIII is someone you get for long past the picks you traded for him lose relevance. The problem is that you need a front office which drafts well, and we don't have that.

>wants Charlie Casserly of all people back

>thinks Nick Foles is better than RGIII

>has a bias against "running QBs"

I'd rather not get mod action for the stuff I REALLY want to say but needless to say this is really dumb uninformed crap, assuming it's not a troll.

It is incredibly obvious this is not a Redskins fan.

If someone like yourself, who has board cred posted this, I'd think its silly but I know you are a fan.

Syrup is an Iggles fan in disguise. 

If you came to troll you shouldn't announce yourself. And if you're really a redskins fan that is of the opinion that Foles is better than Griffin, well then I just feel bad for you.

It's not THAT crazy of a thought. But if I were OP I would have kept that thought to myself, for now. RG3 only threw 5 picks all last year. Foles has to at least play (start) a full season's worth of games before anyone can make that claim, imo.

Casserly because I think he paid the price for Heath Shuler but under his guidance also went to 4 SB's. Everyone makes mistakes do they not?

Yes to me Foles is better than RG3 as he is the kind of staid QB I personally want to build a franchise around.

Yes I hate running QB's.

Normally I just read the posts and just joined the board. We were lucky to see the initial Joe Gibbs era. This franchise is now lost and we just cannot seem to get a good GM who can hire a coach to do just one thing which is COACH.

The ownership needs to think and reflect because we seem doomed to be in the cellar year after year. We get RG3 by overpaying and I feel envious that the EAGLES got a good QB in Nick Foles in the third round who is simply put the better QB without the razzle and dazzle of RG3.

no offense OP but the GM and coaching issues have been covered in other threads. it seems your only new assertion is that Foles is better QB then Griffin (right now) but I ask you this.....is Foles the better QB or is he playing in a better system?

I believe a QBs talent is based on their physical skillset AND their on the field production. But they are only in control of their physical skillset. The on the field production is dependent on variables external to them like: scheme/play calling/pass protection/receivers etc.

I digress, but imho Griffin is clearly a physically superior QB talent to Foles in literally every way.

Arm talent, accuracy to all levels of the field, escapability, playmaking, etc..

Can you imagine Griffin playing in the Eagles offense?

I just state the facts and I hope we can bring Casserly back for one more go around as a GM. Look Shanahan is not a capable HC and what he did in Denver was because he had a group of stable players and one Mr. Elway in hand. Do I envy the Eagles and what the Giants have done with Eli. Absolutely. Why hide that is my point? Yes, The Giants will also undergo changes but they will do it correctly as their ownership is very unlike Dan Snyder.

What in the world makes one a Eagle fan for stating the obvious. I wished we had got LUCK and was never an RG3 fan mainly because I do not like the running QB style of play and like the JUST RUN ENOUGH style of play. His leadership is lacking and at the NFL level the talent level is different and he needs to adjust a lot. Screw his Superman stuff. Just STFU and play is all I am saying.

Anything wrong with loving Joe Gibbs and what he did for us?

Troll or not, I agree with this part of your post.  Griff needs to learn when to turn on the hero stuff.  Not every play needs to be on SC top 10.  

I trust you had a great Thanksgiving my friend.

Sadly, we don't do Thanksgiving this side of the pond. Which made me pause yesterday as having just this week rejoined the realms of employment after a very tough and frustrating year out, I feel exceptionally blessed with a lot to be thankful for. But man do I CRAVE to experience another American Thanksgiving. Hopefully in 2014 .....

I sincerely hope you and yours had a fantastic, family Turkey Day yesterday bud. 

Enjoy the extended weekend break. 

Hail. 

Casserly because I think he paid the price for Heath Shuler but under his guidance also went to 4 SB's. Everyone makes mistakes do they not?

Yes to me Foles is better than RG3 as he is the kind of staid QB I personally want to build a franchise around.

Yes I hate running QB's.

Charlie Casserly did not guide this team to 4 Super Bowls.

Archived