Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When Will Human Life As We Know It Cease To Exist?

grhqofb5

how long will humans continue to exist?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How long will humans continue to exist

• Less than 20 years
    • 20-50 years
    • 50-100 years
    • 100-250 years
    • 250-500 years
    • 500-1000 years
    • 1000+ years

never agreed with that theory, the notion a technically advanced society is somehow more a benevolent one seems a fallacy.

Maybe if you apply typical human principle.

But you are talking about possibly millions of years of societal evolution. I mean things are still crazy here on Earth, but just look at how far humanity has come just over a few thousand years.

I think it is pretty obvious that to reach those heights, a civilization would have to come together in a way that would usher in a type of age of enlightenment and understanding, and brotherhood. Otherwise I think they would face an extinction event, either through war, or some type of cataclysmic event.

I just think there is a certain point intelligent beings go past, where issues like war, disease, famine, etc are largely eradicated. May take hundreds of thousands of years or whatever, but as technology evolves, the means to destroy evolves as well, to the point where you are talking individual planets. And if civilization isn't largely in lockstep, then it will collapse on itself. Doesn't mean that there wontw be minor squabbles, but I don't see any large scale issues being all that prevalent

Oh, it will be well over 1000 years.

Dinosaurs walked the earth for millions of years in some way, shape or form. I have no reason to think that humans won't either. Humans also have the greatest ability of any species of animal to ever live on this planet, adaptability. No matter what happens we will be able to adapt to it.

Overpopulation. We can live in very close quarters without problem. Look at New York, LA, China, Japan, Mexico City for instance. And there is plenty more room on this planet.

Global warming. Quite frankly, global warming would probably benefit our species. Global warming would mean more habitable land, larger amounts of fresh water and greater optimal climate zones. We would flourish.

Plague/disease. Science. Science and quarantine. No way that a whole species would be dumb enough to let disease wipe them out. Maybe large portions of it but not enough to decimate the species.

Nuclear war, global war. There is just too much land for a large scale war to wipe the population. Plus, one side will win so at least those people will survive.

It would have to be some sort of outside influence. Asteroid. Comet. Expanding sun. Massive volcano eruption. Aliens. I don't know. Like I've said, humans have a special ability and intelligence to survive just about anything that could happen to this planet.

Zombies. I forgot zombies.

Archived