Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson Traded To Indy For 1St Round Pick

skinfan2k

How did they get fleeced? They just basically got a mulligan because the former staff was dumb enough to select an RB in the first round. The Colts got taken hard-core, a first for a RB lmao stop drinking Jim

Trent only broke Jim Brown's TD record with Cleveland. Trent is a workhorse, exactly what Indy needed. That gives Luck something he hasn't had in his career and they now have the ability to chew clock on the ground.

I think Richardson will do well in Indy. Though, I think we've seen you can get top backs from the 1st round and as low as undrafted. Peterson/Richardson......Foster/Morris. I'm not sure this was great for either team to be honest.

I guess it depends on if the Texans can hold off the Colts. I expect they will this year. They have a pretty good D there. We'll see about moving forward.

Browns have a lot of picks next year, eh? Can't use them ALL on rookies...... ok, yes they can.

I pose the question to see what my fellow skins fan say to a possible scenario where the Cleveland browns are loading up picks to acquire rg3 in a trade with the redskins? Could anyone see this as a possibility and if so how would you feel about this?

I'd love it.  I like RG3, but if we got tons of picks for an injured QB who may never been the same with his legs then I'd be ecstatic.  We'd basically get a return on what we gave up originally.  I should add that I don't see that scenario happening.

Really did not see this trade coming at all.

I pose the question to see what my fellow skins fan say to a possible scenario where the Cleveland browns are loading up picks to acquire rg3 in a trade with the redskins? Could anyone see this as a possibility and if so how would you feel about this?

No.

I'd love it. I like RG3, but if we got tons of picks for an injured QB who may never been the same with his legs then I'd be ecstatic. We'd basically get a return on what we gave up originally. I should add that I don't see that scenario happening.

Really did not see this trade coming at all.

Good lord. RG3 won us our first division title in over a decade. He made us relevant again and pulled us from the bottom of the NFL in his FIRST year. He finally ended the search for a franchise QB that has haunted our team for far, far too long.

Now we would trade him just to roll the dice on unproven draft picks? Picks that could be absolute busts?

No thanks. I would rather just give him a few weeks to shake off the rust and prove that he is still an elite QB.

Have we completely forgot what this franchise was like before RG3?

...and Bruce and mike would agree to that why......? No. Just....no.

No.

Good lord. RG3 won us our first division title in over a decade. He made us relevant again and pulled us from the bottom of the NFL in his FIRST year. He finall ended the search for a franchise QB that has haunted our franchise for far too long.

Now we would trade him just to roll the dice on unproven draft picks?

No thanks. I would rather just give him a few weeks to shake off the rust and them sit back and enjoy the next 10 years of his career.

I just have a feeling that RG3 will never been the same.  That's all.  He'll never be as mobile as he was, and he was never a great pocket passer to begin with.  The fact that we have Cousins is the reason I'd be willing to give him up if the Browns offered tons of picks.  Just my crazy opinion no biggie.   :blink:

Not gonna happen.

No matter what they offered, we would say no.

I share this same sentiment, if the browns come calling and are willing to offer lets say 2 first rd picks and a third, you make the trade and roll the dice with cousins. This will set us up next year to address secondary, oline etc. This team has a lot of holes presently and are in need of talent.

Trent only broke Jim Brown's TD record with Cleveland. Trent is a workhorse, exactly what Indy needed. That gives Luck something he hasn't had in his career and they now have the ability to chew clock on the ground.

Ad averaged under 4YPC. Hes a decent RB but he's not worth a first round pick when talented RBs can be had for far less.

I share this same sentiment, if the browns come calling and are willing to offer lets say 2 first rd picks and a third, you make the trade and roll the dice with cousins. This will set us up next year to address secondary, oline etc. This team has a lot of holes presently and are in need of talent.

Nope. You counter with Cousins for a first or second and third. Griffin isn't going anywhere.

Ad averaged under 4YPC. Hes a decent RB but he's not worth a first round pick when talented RBs can be had for far less.

Against 8 man boxes. Now he's going to be looking at 2 deep safeties and LBs dropping. His YPC will skyrocket.

You guys act like Cousins has actually showed us something, besides beat the ****in browns.  For all we know this guy is another Matt Flynn.  RG3 has proven that he can be a top 5 QB and a top 5 player in this league

Which is why you trade him to the Browns. They have first hand experience of how deadly he is ;) *insert old devil smiley here*

You guys act like Cousins has actually showed us something, besides beat the ****in browns. For all we know this guy is another Matt Flynn. RG3 has proven that he can be a top 5 QB and a top 5 player in this league

That's fine but rg3 alone will not take us to a SB. We need a complete team which right now we don't have in terms of talent and could use the picks next year to upgrade defense, especially secondary and upgrade the oline. Just my opinion.

It also gives Indy a injury prone RB that always seems to have something wrong with him.  He's got poor vision, his YPC are low, and the Browns take him out on 3rd downs.

Honestly...I think the Browns won the trade, handily.

Well at least I don't need to question why you already have been NNT'd...

Nope. You counter with Cousins for a first or second and third. Griffin isn't going anywhere.

Against 8 man boxes. Now he's going to be looking at 2 deep safeties and LBs dropping. His YPC will skyrocket.

We got the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL for a sixth round pick. Frank Gore, Matt Forte, MJD and plenty of damn good backs have been had after the first round. Using a first round pick on a back not named Adrian Peterson is stupid, plain and simple.

Whatever that means, I never post on here. Just found the scenario interesting wether you agree with it or not is irrelevant to me.

Who considers trading one of the best young QBs in the game? Not only that but a fan of a team that hasn't had stability at the position for nearly 30 years. This is absurd and the Cousins love is bordering insanity with this fanbase.

We got the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL for a sixth round pick. Frank Gore, Matt Forte, MJD and plenty of damn good backs have been had after the first round. Using a first round pick on a back not named Adrian Peterson is stupid, plain and simple.

I don't disagree necessarily, but Richardson gives the Colts something they haven't had since Edge.

Stanford would pound the ball back when Luck was there, and the Colt's OC was Stanford's when Luck was there. They can pound the ball now and it'll open stuff up for Luck too. Rich gets 1200 and 12 TDs easy this year.

That's fine but rg3 alone will not take us to a SB. We need a complete team which right now we don't have in terms of talent and could use the picks next year to upgrade defense, especially secondary and upgrade the oline. Just my opinion.

And having RG3 we will need less pieces to get to a Super Bowl compared with KC as our QB

And having RG3 we will need less pieces to get to a Super Bowl compared with KC as our QB

That's not necessarily true if cousins pans out to be a good QB. I look at teams like Seattle and SF and their qbs were 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. What makes these two teams exceptional is an outstanding defense and a run game, which we are lacking the first.

That's not necessarily true if cousins pans out to be a good QB. I look at teams like Seattle and SF and their qbs were 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. What makes these two teams exceptional is an outstanding defense and a run game, which we are lacking the first.

It is true.  We don't even know if Cousins is a good QB. RG3 made a bad redskins team into a good 10-6 team.  Those QBs made good teams into great teams.  

Archived