Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins Myths

Red&BlueRivalry

The next time they play the Giants and Eagles it will be a different story. Both of those teams have alot of injuries and historically they are much better late in the season. I wasn't even counting them as losses anyway though. Do you really think they're going to beat Carolina, Tampa Bay, New England, Miami, and the Skins twice?? Let alone beat the Saints at home in the last game of the season and sweep both the Eagles and Giants??

Man, this 4 and 1 record has really gotten you Dallas fans in a state of denial. Hahahaha!!! I can't wait!!

As a Cowboys fan I get pleasure in seeing you wiggle and squirm at the smallest possibility of Dallas having a successful year, so I also "Can't wait". I am laughing pretty hard because it is so transparent that you are trying to convince yourself of this tripe.

Nobody knows if Dallas is anywhere as good as the record indicates and that certainly includes you. I do know that Dallas is 4-1 and has played against 4 play-off teams from a year ago. I also know that a week 17 game against the Saints is not that the difficult game that you make it out to be and Dallas has an excellent chance of winning every game remaining on the schedule.

At this point I think a sweep of the Skins is highly likely. The 3-3 record is so deceiving. I will give you props for fighting back from big leads to get to 3-3 but I have never seen such undisiplined football in all my years of watching. It's like a circus act watching a Spurrier coached team hit the field. So basically, yes I think Dallas will sweep the Skins.

The Cowboys are 3-1 against common opponents and we are 2-2.

Other than that they've had the Cardinals and a bye week and we've played the Bucs and Patriots.

But the big difference, as has been stated, is the division. They are 2-0 and we are 0-2 against the EXACT same opponents. They got the Eagles at home and the Giants on the road. We got the Eagles on the road and Giants at home. They beat the Eagles by two, we lost to the Eagles by two. They beat the Giants by three on OT, we lost to them by three in OT. The Cowboys are winning the game of inches against us. Why? My guess is Parcells. He gets the absolute best out of his guys. If they CAN win by two they WILL win by two. Us? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. And against the division we don't.

Until we figure out how to win those close ones against the Eagles and Giants, the Cowboys will edge us out.

But it's just an edge. Nothing more.

In my opinion.

I think it is important to note, as horrible as it is......If the Skins were 4-1, I think alot of us would be hypin em up....although we would still have a sense of what the Redskins normally do, which is let us down in the end....So I cant blame the Cowboy fan for hypin up his boys, 4-1 is 4-1....but with that said, it is against some of the weaker teams in the league. So while the arena for his statements (a Redskins website) may not exactly be the best choice, can we blame him for bein stoked about his team's performance of late? I dont think so....but then again, it IS the Cowboys....Ill have to admit as well at this point, that as much as I love em, the Skins have brought out the eternal pessimist in me. Anyway, thats my two cents....

the difference between the cowboys 2 wins against the giants & eagles, and the redskins 2 loses....a couple of lucky breaks. The giants leaving too much time on the clock then kick the ball out of bounds when they had the game won. The cowboys took advantage but the giants left the door open. We also went to overtime against the giants, but we lost the coin toss, and Lavar misses Finn out of the backfield.. loss.

the Eagles yesterday gave the Cowboys a free TD with that onside kick to the TE. 3 seconds and they are down 7-0 on the road. We miss the the 2 point conversion, and give the Eagles a couple of easy TD on turnovers on the road.

Granted the cowboys took advantage , where the Eagles & Giants took advantage of the breaks against us. But to base an argument the Cowboys are completely superior to the Skins because of the outcome of these two NFC east games is ridiculous. One or two plays in each game the records could easily been reversed.

They got the Eagles at home and the Giants on the road. We got the Eagles on the road and Giants at home. They beat the Eagles by two, we lost to the Eagles by two. They beat the Giants by three on OT, we lost to them by three in OT. The Cowboys are winning the game of inches against us. Why? My guess is Parcells. He gets the absolute best out of his guys. If they CAN win by two they WILL win by two. Us? Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. And against the division we don't.

Looking at the final score can be pretty misleading.

In both division games Dallas took a lead and kept it for most of the game. Anybody that was watching those games felt like Dallas was playing as the better team for the majority of the contest and was in control for pretty much the entire game. Can you honestly say the same thing about the skins when they played those two teams?

Originally posted by AkaD

No. I bet on the Lions. It'll be a sure win with the spread. The Cowgirls will probably win, but I will most likely win too. I got the Lions and 14 points. :D

I doubt the Lions will lay down. I don't think it's a definite win for the 'Girls by any means.

OMG!!:yikes: Where did you get the Lions and 14? Most books are laying 3. What's the over/under, 6?

It is totally hillarious that this Cowgirl fan thinks his team has an "excellent chance" of winning their remaining games.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

They haven't played ANYONE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am just loving this sh*t!! It is absolutely typical of these Cowgirl fans and I wouldn't of expected any less from any of them.

What a joke. The season is young as hell, and they actually believe only getting a coach is going to help them all that much. hahaha!!! Pitiful. Just pitiful.

I am going to love this season!! I couldn't of asked for a better scenario. They will be the laughingstock of the league!! :laugh:

I got 14 from a Dallas fan!!! Hahahahahahaha!!! God they're so gullible!! They think they're the greatest thing since sliced cheese!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!! I'm going to love seeing the humiliation on their faces come seasons end. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

It is totally hillarious that this Cowgirl fan thinks his team has an "excellent chance" of winning their remaining games.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

They haven't played ANYONE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am just loving this sh*t!! It is absolutely typical of these Cowgirl fans and I wouldn't of expected any less from any of them.

What a joke. The season is young as hell, and they actually believe only getting a coach is going to help them all that much. hahaha!!! Pitiful. Just pitiful.

I am going to love this season!! I couldn't of asked for a better scenario. They will be the laughingstock of the league!! :laugh:

It is a wonderful feeling to know that your coach gives you a shot to win any game, regardless of the opponent. I will let some other shmuck explain how that is a completely different statement then saying "this Cowgirl fan thinks his team has an excellent chance of winning their remaining games".

What is pitiful is even your fellow Redskins fans don't respect you.

Originally posted by Red&BlueRivalry

Honestly, I'm a little surprised when Skins fans keep confessing that they have all this talent but no coach to get it done because I don't think your team is much different than most of the 32 teams and that's something to pay attention to. With parity there are no more dominant teams. You can find a few teams that have in general better talent than most clubs but if you could ever configure a true non-biased power ranking system, you'd probably find that teams #5 - #32 are damn close.

Howdy Bob!!!!

Your post was better than expected but I disagree on a few player assessments.

The strange quote I just took from you above proves your football knowledge. You haven't figured it out even after you went from Campo to Parcells.:laugh:

If the skins O-line played to it's talent level and Ramsey had time you'd see the huge difference in talent level believe me. Until that happens we are equal at best.

Originally posted by speedwagon20

well i agree that i would love our team to be well-coached. i guess i just hold out hope that spurrier will get us to that point eventually.

and that is the only hope we got right now..

Will Spurrier fire Helton or doae that become ugly?

Stock needs to go also...St's have sucked for years!!!!!

You can lay it on the HC's head if you want to but Spurrier's system really requires good coaching from his assistants. because I think he gives them a lot of leeway...(more than most HC's)

Originally posted by AkaD

Do you really think they're going to beat Carolina, Tampa Bay, New England, Miami, and the Skins twice??

I love how you throw the 'Skins in there with those other teams. :laugh:

More likely, beating the 'Skins would be scoffed at as another "nobody" we beat as opposed to legitimizing our record, considering the wins over the Giants and Eagles don't carry much weight.

I don't blame Skins fans for being upset with what they think is blatent homerism about talent, but R&BR is surely no worse an offender than Art was before the season started. However, this is a Skin's board and that, rightfully, gives Art a lot of leeway.

More likely, beating the 'Skins would be scoffed at as another "nobody" we beat as opposed to legitimizing our record, considering the wins over the Giants and Eagles don't carry much weight.
Exactly. NO ONE they've played "holds any weight". Why should it? What... because the Eagles were good a year ago? Their team from last year is gone!!! Hence their 2 and 3 record. The Giants? 2 and 3 also. They aren't good either. You can claim all the crap you want, but we could easily be tied or winning our division right now, and the Cowwgirls could very easily of lost the game to the Giants and Eagles. So what. And yes, I put the Skins names up there with them. We have ONE LESS win than all of them except Carolina!!! We are ONE game behind the Girls!! Hahahaha!!

Lates.

Originally posted by Dale

I love how you throw the 'Skins in there with those other teams. :laugh:

It is even worse then you think.

Here is how he predicts the Skins will beat this year:

@Dallas W

Seattle W

@ Carolina W

NO W

@ Giants W

Dallas W

Philly W

Archived