Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Did any of yall see Joakim Noah go HAM on the refs last night???!!!  WHOOOOAAAAA BOY.  He's going to have a HEFTY fine.  Not sure if I can post the vid, but if you've seen Half Baked, it was identical to when Scarface quit his job flippin burgers.

also:

giannis_medium.gif

The Future. 

• Like 1

The Cavs are in total meltdown mode right now. And it's rather entertaining. I think it's safe to say that the pipe dream of Lebron returning is now dead.

By the way....when was the last time an All-Star starter was benched by his coach for not playing hard ten days before the All Star game?

http://www.realcavsfans.com/lakers-down-to-8-players-defeat-cavs-119-108/

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

The Cavs are in total meltdown mode right now. And it's rather entertaining. I think it's safe to say that the pipe dream of Lebron returning is now dead.

On top of it all, Luol Deng alluded to the fact that the organization gives too much control to younger players....this is what got them in trouble during the Lebron years.  They have learned NOTHING.

No joke, I don't see Kyrie being in Cleveland in another 3 seasons. 

The way their franchise is run, makes the Wizards FO look competent.  Let that sink in for a second. 

• Like 1

On top of it all, Luol Deng alluded to the fact that the organization gives too much control to younger players....this is what got them in trouble during the Lebron years.  They have learned NOTHING.

No joke, I don't see Kyrie being in Cleveland in another 3 seasons. 

The way their franchise is run, makes the Wizards FO look competent.  Let that sink in for a second. 

Also besides the FO shenanigans that are being ran in Cleveland. They was beat by a team with 5 players left last night. Sarce received his 6 foul, but by rule you need 5 players on the floor at all times. So in reality, the Cavs was beat last night by 4.5 players. Let that one sink in for a moment.

The thug mentality is gone (rip Kobe wearing throwbacks into the arena) but the game is just too offensive now and defensive play is strongly discouraged. And that's on him

Are you saying you actually like the style of basketball played during much of the 1990s?

Basketball is easily much better now to watch than it was then.

I literally stopped watching NBA basketball for years and now am just starting to go back to watching it some.

There are things that I think they should do to make the game less of a guard oriented game, but the NBA is so much better now than it was.

The thug mentality is gone (rip Kobe wearing throwbacks into the arena) but the game is just too offensive now and defensive play is strongly discouraged. And that's on him

Defensive play is discouraged? 

I'm assuming you weren't alive in the 80s when superstars like Wilkins and English would basically hang out at half court on defense and wait for their team to get the ball so they do what they wanted and play offense again. Defenses are better than they have ever been in the NBA. I would say that aside from - I dunno - the forty or so best players in the league and maybe everyone in Houston, everyone else on an NBA roster is there primarily because of their defensive ability. The fact that we talk about defense so much on this thread is an indication of how the NBA has evolved.

Now....is it different than it was in the late 90s? Yes, thank God. But I don't even think that was defense. What the Knicks, Heat, and other teams were doing then was just clutching and grabbing and daring the referees to call a foul on every play. Defenses are better now, and so is the offensive flow. I think the league has hit on the perfect balance.

If Stern over-reacted on anything during his time, it was on fighting. Now, I understand why this happened. Stern came into the league in the aftermath of Kermit Washington nearly killing Rudy Tomjanovich. And, I think the brawl at the Palace traumatized him. There shouldn't be on-court murders and there shouldn't be fan riots. But, I think players should be allowed to shove and give hard fouls without risking ejection and fines. I would like to see a little relaxation on the double technicals and flagrant fouls under Silver. The balance is way off in this area.

Question: Is "Nerd Chic" one of David Stern's Top 5 legacies? Kanye would have worn argyles and backpacks on his own, but it's almost certainly been NBA press conferences that has launched this look into the mainstream, right? And it's all because of the dress code he implemented.

Speaking of that dumpster fire in Cleveland. Their GM was just fired today. Guess that will happen when you lose to 4.5 players on the court. That was some pretty amazing stuff last night.

Ugh. Goddamn my Wizards better show up Friday. I can stomach losing to the Spurs in double overtime. Losing to the cluster**** Cavs on Friday would be so ****ing painful.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

My lists:

1 - Durant

2 - LeBron

3 - CP3

4 - Dwight Howard

5 - Blake Griffin

6 - LaMarcus Aldridge

7 - Kevin Love

8 - Paul George

9 - Steph Curry

10 - Anthony Davis

11 - Carmelo Anthony

12 - James Harden

13 - John Wall

14 - DeMarcus Cousins

15 - Roy Hibbert

16 - Dirk Nowitzki

17 - Tony Parker

18 - Damian Lillard

19 - Tim Duncan

20 - Serge Ibaka/Chris Bosh

PG:

1 - CP3

2 - Steph Curry

3 - John Wall

4 - Tony Parker

5 - Damian Lillard

SG:

1 - James Harden

2 - Goran Dragic

3 - Dwyane Wade

4 - DeMar DeRozan

5 - Monta Ellis

SF:

1 - Durant

2 - LeBron

3 - George

4 - Melo

5 - Gay

PF:

1 - Griffin

2 - Aldridge

3 - Love

4 - Davis

5 - Dirk

C:

1 - Howard

2 - Hibbert

3 - Noah

4 - Duncan

5 - Gasol

Had to scrape the barrel for my SG list. Monta Ellis? It's pretty bad It's the most diluted position in the league by far.

Top-10 is too hard to do...LOL...I'll do top 5 by position

PG:

Paul

Wall

Curry

Conley

Parker

SG:

Harden

Wade

Dragic

Stephenson

DeRozan

SF:

James

Durant

George

Anthony

Gay/Parsons (toss up)

PF:

Davis

Griffin

Aldridge

Nowitzki

Love

C:

Howard

Cousins

Duncan

Hibbert

Jordan

Yeah it gets muddled after the top three this season. And truth be told, CP3 has missed a lot of games already, so his claim on #3 gets shaky.

Also I should have counted Cousins as a C. I'd put him high on the C list. Ahead of Duncan, Noah, and Gasol probably.

To my eye, the best position is PF by far. It's been the best for a long time. Then PG, though there has been some attrition. Then C is actually better than SF when you look at the depth. I don't get why ESPN keeps running this "decline of the center" crap storyline. It's a really deep position. Over half the teams in the NBA have a pretty good starting center and some of them are beasts.

I also should have had Stephenson over Monta Ellis. I just couldn't think of a 5th SG. The NBA needs Beal, McLemore, and Oladipo to become stars.

NBA is doing a new format for the Dunk contest. It's team dunking now and they're competing for their conference now, not individually.

Here's the format: 3 on 3, Wall/Ross/George vs Lillard/McLemore/Barnes.

First 90 seconds is a free style round where the East guys will dunk as many times as they can/want to. Then the West guys get 90 seconds to do the same.

After that you get a "battle" round where each participant goes head to head and then I guess they get eliminated until one guy is left.

I like it, it adds a bit of creativity and teamwork into the mix. All kinds of alley-oops and stuff. Plus I like the element of conference competition although nothing meaningful comes as a result.

I like the symmetry of the competition too. It's roughly the best dunking PG/SG/SF from each conference going against each other.

My lists:

1 - Durant

2 - LeBron

3 - CP3

4 - Dwight Howard

5 - Blake Griffin

6 - LaMarcus Aldridge

7 - Kevin Love

8 - Paul George

9 - Steph Curry

10 - Anthony Davis

11 - Carmelo Anthony

12 - James Harden

13 - John Wall

14 - DeMarcus Cousins

15 - Roy Hibbert

16 - Dirk Nowitzki

17 - Tony Parker

18 - Damian Lillard

19 - Tim Duncan

20 - Serge Ibaka/Chris Bosh

PG:

1 - CP3

2 - Steph Curry

3 - John Wall

4 - Tony Parker

5 - Damian Lillard

SG:

1 - James Harden

2 - Goran Dragic

3 - Dwyane Wade

4 - DeMar DeRozan

5 - Monta Ellis

SF:

1 - Durant

2 - LeBron

3 - George

4 - Melo

5 - Gay

PF:

1 - Griffin

2 - Aldridge

3 - Love

4 - Davis

5 - Dirk

C:

1 - Howard

2 - Hibbert

3 - Noah

4 - Duncan

5 - Gasol

Had to scrape the barrel for my SG list. Monta Ellis? It's pretty bad It's the most diluted position in the league by far.

I hope thats not in ranking order lol

I think he's laughing at who he had as the third best PG.

And I think you're a troll who's anti-Wall bias is absolutely idiotic and moronic. Well if you had an argument (still waiting to hear it. Feel free to post it here. If you haven't run away yet. I'm not holding my breath.)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

And I think you're a troll who's anti-Wall bias is absolutely idiotic and moronic. Well if you had an argument (still waiting to hear it. Feel free to post it here. If you haven't run away yet. I'm not holding my breath.)

I'm a troll because I don't think Wall is one of the three best PGs in the NBA? smh

I've already listed who I thought were better. Besides, lists like these aren't objective, because you have to account for players that are injured/coming off an injury.

In what world is Kevin Love the 5th best PF?

Edited by Bubble Screen