Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

There is a guy who plays in Miami.....

If the season ended today, I think it should be Durant.  His team is doing a little better in a much better conference.  He's been doing incredible things without Westbrook.  And his individual numbers are a little better.

More scoring.  Better PER.  More win shares and win shares per 48.  Better offensive and defensive rating.  The numbers Durant is putting up are incredible.  If he keeps up his pace, it'll go down as one of the best seasons by WS in NBA history.

I think people are sleeping on how good KD has gotten defensively, and how great a defensive team OKC is now.  He's become the whole package and is as good as LeBron is now IMO.

Durant is not as good as Lebron is, lol. He will win the MVP because the voters wont give it to Lebron every year, and the "coasting" comment will upset the butt hurt journalists who vote for the award.

Durant is coming though and has gotten a lot better, but Lebron is still the better player.

• Like 2

Durant is not as good as Lebron is, lol. He will win the MVP because the voters wont give it to Lebron every year, and the "coasting" comment will upset the butt hurt journalists who vote for the award.

Durant is coming though and has gotten a lot better, but Lebron is still the better player.

Durant has been better than LeBron this year.  And the gap between Durant and LeBron the past few years is way smaller than people made out.

Durant has been better than LeBron this year.  And the gap between Durant and LeBron the past few years is way smaller than people made out.

the only thing Durant does better than Lebron is shoot the ball.

Its getting closer in defending, but Lebron is still better. Lebron is a better creator for himself and teammates. Lebron is still better at finishing at the rim. He is still better at getting to the basket. Has better handles. Rebounds better.

Durant is coming, but he is not better than Lebron and its debatable if Durant is having a better season.

ibbQv7uY1tvefT.gif

best in game dunk ive seen in years.

the only thing Durant does better than Lebron is shoot the ball.

Its getting closer in defending, but Lebron is still better. Lebron is a better creator for himself and teammates. Lebron is still better at finishing at the rim. He is still better at getting to the basket. Has better handles. Rebounds better.

Durant is coming, but he is not better than Lebron and its debatable if Durant is having a better season.

Not true. Durant plays better than LeBron. He has this season. He's done more of just about everything, and done more to help his team win more.

Based on the way each has played this season, Durant is as good as LeBron now. If not better. Maybe that won't last, but it's what's happened for the first half of the season.

And there's not much of a debate for who has been better this season. Durant has been better in almost every way.

http://bkref.com/tiny/o2AKN

Scoring way more than LeBron. Playing more minutes. Making twice as many threes on a better percentage. Getting to the FT line for three more attempts per game and shooting 88% against LeBron's 76%. Getting more steals, blocks, and rebounds per game than LeBron while committing a little less turnovers.

Better PER. Better ORtg. Better DRtg. More win shares and better WS/48. He's a more efficient offensive player than LeBron and his usage is actually higher.

And his team has won a few more games against a much, much harder schedule despite having less talent around him. That's really the bottom line. OKC has played the 8th hardest schedule so far and Miami has had the second easiest schedule so far. OKC has been missing Westbrook for half the year and three of the members of OKC's rotation have been garbage: Sefalosha, Fisher, and Perkins. Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb are babies. And Ibaka isn't as good a #2 as either Wade or Bosh are.

The only thing LeBron has done better than Durant is get 1.6 more assists per game than him and shoot a better percentage from the floor. LeBron shoots almost half as many threes as Durant though, and opponents don't give Durant jumpers like they do LeBron.

If Durant keeps going, the MVP is his by right. At this pace Durant is going to have one of the best seasons for a perimeter player ever. He'll win the award because he deserved it. Not because the voters got tired of voting for LeBron.

Saw a stat today that Durant is currently at 30+ ppg, 30+ PER and is on pace for 20 win shares. The only other people to do that in a season? Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlin.

http://bkref.com/tiny/CemPN

So yeah, Durant's MVP

I don't expect him to keep it up. He's playing at a superhuman level and I don't see how anyone could keep it up. He's willing his team to wins night every night, because truth be told, Oklahoma City is not that great this season. They got worse in the offseason. Westbrook's injury setbacks have been a big issue. They're too young and and too old after Durant/Ibaka/Jackson--going with guys who are washed up because they have to, and playing guys who still have their training wheels on because they have to. And their conference got a lot better around them. It had been a two team conference the past couple seasons after the Lakers declined. Now Portland, Golden State, the Clippers, and Houston have all risen up as true blue contenders that are just as young and talent laden as OKC is.

And yet OKC is still winning 75% of their games. It's literally just because Durant is going HAM on the league right now.

But it's funny that Durant can play at such a historic level, but all ESPN wants to talk about is how LeBron is jealous of Durant and how he's going to use Durant as motivation.

Who cares?

Not to take it off topic (I just agree with you 100% so can add nothing besides me just repeating you) I wonder what ESPN's future will be. I can't be the only one who pretty much despises them outside a few select programs. Thing is, far as I can tell, the other new all sports channels suck too.

LeBron is a better player but this season, up to this point, Durant has been more impressive.  Not by a wide margin.  And honestly a stevemcqueen said, the gap between them wasn't that big last year.  Durant put up a Larry Bird season last year shooting-wise and he's only 25.  He has many more of those to come.  All that's left really is to become an elite passer.  He's at 8 RPG.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Not true. Durant plays better than LeBron. He has this season. He's done more of just about everything, and done more to help his team win more.

Based on the way each has played this season, Durant is as good as LeBron now. If not better. Maybe that won't last, but it's what's happened for the first half of the season.

And there's not much of a debate for who has been better this season. Durant has been better in almost every way.

http://bkref.com/tiny/o2AKN

Scoring way more than LeBron. Playing more minutes. Making twice as many threes on a better percentage. Getting to the FT line for three more attempts per game and shooting 88% against LeBron's 76%. Getting more steals, blocks, and rebounds per game than LeBron while committing a little less turnovers.

Better PER. Better ORtg. Better DRtg. More win shares and better WS/48. He's a more efficient offensive player than LeBron and his usage is actually higher.

And his team has won a few more games against a much, much harder schedule despite having less talent around him. That's really the bottom line. OKC has played the 8th hardest schedule so far and Miami has had the second easiest schedule so far. OKC has been missing Westbrook for half the year and three of the members of OKC's rotation have been garbage: Sefalosha, Fisher, and Perkins. Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb are babies. And Ibaka isn't as good a #2 as either Wade or Bosh are.

The only thing LeBron has done better than Durant is get 1.6 more assists per game than him and shoot a better percentage from the floor. LeBron shoots almost half as many threes as Durant though, and opponents don't give Durant jumpers like they do LeBron.

If Durant keeps going, the MVP is his by right. At this pace Durant is going to have one of the best seasons for a perimeter player ever. He'll win the award because he deserved it. Not because the voters got tired of voting for LeBron.

I said Durant will win the MVP, but this advanced stats stuff makes me cringe. There is no place on planet earth that Durant is a better defender than Lebron but someone will convince themselves and use those advanced stats with that.

Lebron sets his teammates up for more scoring opportunities a game too.

Durant will win the MVP, but a lot of it will be Lebron fatigue.

I really think Rubio is a good player, but if he wont shoot he is useless out there.

Kevin Love isnt a #1 player on a contending team.

If Rubio can't figure out how to score he's a terrific back up point guard. I agree with you on Kevin Love but I think he might be a very good second star in the right situation but he needs someone to take the focus off of him. Not sure where that would be but everyone assume he's going to the Lakers which is probably a bad idea. He's clearly not enough to drag Minny over the hump in a tough western conference.

Unless LeBron goes crazy after all-star break, Durant is a shoe in for MVP. A little bit has to do with voters getting bored with the same guy winning over and over. I mean the guy is going for 26, 7, and 6 and shooting 59%, and is being seen as COASTING this season haha,  but Durant has played great enough for him to take the edge this season.

But overall, LeBron is a better player. LeBron makes everyone better, and is a much better defender then Durant. Durant is much better at shooting freethrows, and gets to the line more often I believe. The notion that Durant is a better scorer than lebron, IDK, better shooter? Yes. But better scorer, im not so sure. LeBron close to 60% shooting this season. If he would take more shots, and improve his freethrow shooting, he would be neck and neck for the scoring title with durant.

Durant's jumpshots is so pure tho, love watching him shoot, and shoot from anywhere.

Edited by Ozymandias