Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I think we should just skip ahead to the the Miami-Indy conference finals and save everyone the trouble.

Boston is probably shocked at how not horrendous they are. They should have hired Stevens and sent him on an around the world vacation for a year. Here's something to consider: Look at what Stevens is doing with Crawford and Bradley....now imagine him coaching Wall and Beal.

The Nets really do have ridiculous talent. It was probably too much for them to go 30-52.

I think we should just skip ahead to the the Miami-Indy conference finals and save everyone the trouble.

Boston is probably shocked at how not horrendous they are. They should have hired Stevens and sent him on an around the world vacation for a year. Here's something to consider: Look at what Stevens is doing with Crawford and Bradley....now imagine him coaching Wall and Beal.

The Nets really do have ridiculous talent. It was probably too much for them to go 30-52.

I don't want to think about that. I enjoy the Wizards more when I don't think about their coach. In my mind, Nene Hilario is player coaching the team.

The Nets have so much size, it's bound to carry them to the postseason. The Pistons, Bulls, and Pacers are the only other teams that can match up with their size. The Bulls aren't good. If they'd made the right coaching hire and didn't have a bad front office, this team could have realized it's potential.

They've got a tiny window though. They're not going to contend with Pierce/Johnson/Garnett playing big roles.

You're a heat fan, so let me ask you this. Is it true that Ray Allen will be wearing a jersey with J.Shuttlesworth on the back?

Im a wizards fan, but ive been following lebron since high school so i pay attention to the teams hes on. I heard a while back that the players would play with their nicknames for a game or a few, and shuttlesworth was what they are gonna use for allen lol

Im a wizards fan, but ive been following lebron since high school so i pay attention to the teams hes on. I heard a while back that the players would play with their nicknames for a game or a few, and shuttlesworth was what they are gonna use for allen lol

What, you are a Wizards fan with a Lebron avatar...

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Naw um just playing. And now that you mentioned it, I do remember hearing something about the nicknames on the back of jerseys...

What, you are a Wizards fan with a Lebron avatar...

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Naw um just playing. And now that you mentioned it, I do remember hearing something about the nicknames on the back of jerseys...

Yeah i get a lot of crap for liking lebron and being a wizards fan, i dont mind it tho, i appreciate talent. lol

I dont know when they are supposed to use the jerseys with the nick names, maybe all star game? that would mean allen wouldnt have one so idk

• Like 1

Ok, so i wasnt on the Lilard bandwagon last year. Thought he was unjustly praised all things considering. But sweet jesus, this man is terrific this year. I take it back. Another game winner. That 3 was as Hibachi as it could ever be without him turning around swagging his way out the building before the shot fell through.

If you look at the replay, Batum walks away towards the end before the shot hits with his hand showing the "three" signal.

Frankly, they are terrifying - especially because they are so young.   In the predictions thread, I had them as my sleeper pick in the West, but I never expected them to be this good, this fast.

Looks like the entire team is under contract next season too so they have no real cap issues or free agents to deal with if this team proves capable of making a deep playoff run.  Lillard is still early in his NBA career and, as expected, is still inefficient scoring the ball (shooting under .400 on the season).  That is going to improve with time and he has the look of a point guard that is going to get closer to .500 if not over it.  

The question becomes "Is a team built around Lillard and Aldridge (and Batum as the third option) capable of competing for a championship?"    

I just looked at their depth chart and realized Thomas Robinson is there.  Anyone ever hear what the story is on this guy?  Scouting reports on him were pretty high and people were surpised he fell as far as the 5th pick.  Three teams in less than two seasons after being drafted 5th overall, there has to have been more going on than just bad play.  

Edited by Destino

So....is anyone as excited as I am to see either the Knicks or Lakers end up with a top three pick in the draft? Stern has to make this happen on his way out, right? Just as his final act before the dropping the mic.

The Nuggets have new yorks first round pick.

Unprotected from the Carmelo trade. It's more like Carmelo's parting **** you to the city before leaving in FA.

Edited by No Excuses

Jabari Parker is just as clueless on defense as Kyrie Irving. Apparently Coach K doesn't teach guys how to play D any more. He has awful fundamentals. And he looks like he's wearing cement shoes when he tries to guard the ball on the perimeter or defend pick and rolls.

I don't think people are ready to accept it just yet, but Parker is a tweener. Not the good kind of tweener like LeBron, Durant, Wade, and Paul George. He's going to be a speed mismatch against NBA 3s and a size mismatch against NBA 4s.

He's a better college player, but Wiggins and Embiid are better NBA prospects.

Plus Parker completely dogs it on defense. He really is the second coming of Carmelo. A better passer, but worse defender.

So....is anyone as excited as I am to see either the Knicks or Lakers end up with a top three pick in the draft? Stern has to make this happen on his way out, right? Just as his final act before the dropping the mic.

The Nuggets have new yorks first round pick.

Unprotected from the Carmelo trade. It's more like Carmelo's parting **** you to the city before leaving in FA.

I don't think the Knicks have a 1st round pick until 2018. 

Between them and the Nets, NYC basketball is a mess.