Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jesus, how would that offense even work?  

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't. LeBron would try to do run things his way, and would get abruptly put in timeout. Then you'd get all sorts of passive aggressive tweets and weird reports about how Draymond won't sit beside him at lunch, and as a result, lowers team morale.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't. LeBron would try to do run things his way, and would get abruptly put in timeout. Then you'd get all sorts of passive aggressive tweets and weird reports about how Draymond won't sit beside him at lunch, and as a result, lowers team morale.

It's a similar concern to what I have in him coming to Washington now.  Just because we haven't won a ring since the 70s doesn't mean we have to subjugate ourselves to his level of gravity and pettiness, especially when its not working anymore in Cleveland and looking at his defensive ratings.  I have yet to see another Wizards fan support me on this, and I don't expect to, but I'm standing by this.

I agree NBA should not let that happen, but I need a minute to think on what grounds they could or should legally do it based on the CBA.  Why did they block CP3 getting traded to the Lakers again?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's a similar concern to what I have in him coming to Washington now.  Just because we haven't won a ring since the 70s doesn't mean we have to subjugate ourselves to his level of gravity and pettiness, especially when its not working anymore in Cleveland and looking at his defensive ratings.  I have yet to see another Wizards fan support me on this, and I don't expect to, but I'm standing by this.

I agree NBA should not let that happen, but I need a minute to think on what grounds they could or should legally do it based on the CBA.  Why did they block CP3 getting traded to the Lakers again?

IIRC it had something to do with the unsettled nature of the Hornets franchise ownership situation with Benson and co. and  Stern was temporarily representing ownership, shoo when that was proposed, he had the power to halt it

In all seriousness, LeBron ain't going there. He will look like the biggest **** of all time (including BC and prehistoric) and he's too sissitive to want that.

And the NBA doesn't need that. It would suffer. That would be a horrible move all around. And it would ruin his legacy.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Yea no one wins with him going to the Warriors. And Im pretty sure he and Curry would not get along well at all. 

I would want him in DC, no lie. But half of that is because of the talent we already have and I want to see us win one with Wall before the end comes crashing into us. Desperation, as it where. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Come on now.  That's pride talking.  If LeBron were on our team right now we would make the Finals and it would at least be a fun series against the Warriors.

The NBA owned the Pelicans at the time.  Stern vetoed the trade because the Lakers' offer wasn't better than the Clippers' offer.

Irony of ironies, both CP3 and Eric Gordon end up playing together on a much better Rockets team.

Also the Clippers ended up getting that draft pick they sent to New Orleans back (Austin Rivers).  So New Orleans basically got nothing of long term value from the CP3 trade.  Except that they sucked in 2012 and won the Anthony Davis lottery.

I'm not sure the Warriors would even be willing to break up their team to accomodate Lebron. They'd have to trade Thompson and/or Green and I don't see them doing that. And Lebron doesn't really fit their free flowing style of play.

Its all BS. Lebron is going to Houston or LA.

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Come on now.  That's pride talking.  If LeBron were on our team right now we would make the Finals and it would at least be a fun series against the Warriors.

It's not pride, its genuine concern.  Our organizational culture isn't going to be able to handle LeBron when things go south anymore then Cleveland is right now.  Would we make the Finals?  I believe it.  Would we win?  You tell me.  If not, is it still worth the trouble?  Should we trade away Wall like they did Kyrie when that eventually comes up?

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

LeBron leaked this.

Yep.  LeBron is very smart.  He's hoping that this will cause Klay or Draymond to doubt whether the team is committed to them.  You know, tear apart the GS locker room the way Cleveland already is torn apart.  

The NBA is the best.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not pride, its genuine concern.  Our organizational culture isn't going to be able to handle LeBron when things go south anymore then Cleveland is right now.  Would we make the Finals?  I believe it.  Would we win?  You tell me.  If not, is it still worth the trouble?  Should we trade away Wall like they did Kyrie when that eventually comes up?

Oh come on.  Lebron is the best player in the NBA and has dragged teams to the finals eight freaking times now.

The Wizards don't have an existing organizational culture to worry about.  Lebron would make them relevant overnight.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Yep.  LeBron is very smart.  He's hoping that this will cause Klay or Draymond to doubt whether the team is committed to them.  You know, tear apart the GS locker room the way Cleveland already is torn apart.  

The NBA is the best.

Oh come on.  Lebron is the best player in the NBA and has dragged teams to the finals eight freaking times now.

The Wizards don't have an existing organizational culture to worry about.  Lebron would make them relevant overnight.

Y'all really gonna let him talk about your team like that? :(

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hes right lol

Edit: Worse case Lebron comes in ****s up the moral and we are in the finals a few times. He leaves and the "organizational structure" goes with him. Which, for us, is also best case cause that could mean the end to Ernie and thats all any of us really hope for. 

Edited by Llevron

11 minutes ago, Predicto said:

No ****, and you want to add that ego to the mix and hope it works?  Have you seen the way we've been playing lately?  Everytime someone disagrees with me about this, its the same "ya'll will be relevant" argument.  Are the Cavs not relevant right now?  I do not like the way that went down with Kyrie and I do not like the amount of influence he has on the front office. Why do I have to just be okay with that if he pulls that here?  Because we'll be relevant?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

No ****, and you want to add that ego to the mix and hope it works?  Have you seen the way we've been playing lately?  Everytime someone disagrees with me about this, its the same "ya'll will be relevant" argument.  Are the Cavs not relevant right now?  I do not like the way that went down with Kyrie and I do not like the amount of influence he has on the front office. Why do I have to just be okay with that if he pulls that here?  Because we'll be relevant?

Lets say he does and Ernie gets fired because of it? Thats a net win bro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Ted will jizz in his pants and anoint Ernie a god if he gets LeBron, same thing that would've happened if he landed Kevin Durant.

Didnt consider that, to be honest. I would like to think if Bron comes here and ruins the locker room and chemistry that someone would pay the price for that. But you could be right. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Warriors were that team for about 25 years in a row.  I know all too well what it looks like.  

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not at all convinced that Lebron is the sole reason for the locker room problems Cleveland has had.  Kyrie and Love both have huge issues of their own .  But I do know this - Cleveland has been in the finals for the past three years.  Lebron's Miami team was in the finals for the three years before that.  He's obviously doing something right.  Winning.  Winning a lot of basketball games.

• Like 2