Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Brow gettin' paid..

New Orleans star Anthony Davis has agreed to a five-year, $145 million maximum contract extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

And he deserves every penny...maybe even more. 

Top-3 player in the league right now...and with good health, will be on his way to the HOF.  I'm not kidding. 

No need for the kidding part, that's a fair statement given the trajectory he is currently on.

I've said it before, but if I'm starting a team right now, I'm taking him #1. 

At 22, he's already better than what KG was at the same age.  That's scary. 

I'm going to be interested to see if he spends time this summer working on his range...imagine if he can somehow add a 3pt shot to his skill set? 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13179541/damian-lillard-portland-trail-blazers-nearing-max-extension

The Portland Trail Blazers and Damian Lillard are nearing agreement on a maximum five-year contract extension that is expected to top $120 million in value, according to league sources.

Sources said the Blazers and the All-Star point guard soon will finalize a five-year extension that will kick in starting with the 2016-17 season.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
The San Antonio Spurs have traded center Tiago Splitter to the Atlanta Hawks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
After bringing back Danny Green, the Spurs are unloading Splitter's salary to the Hawks. Now, the Spurs go into Aldridge meeting with space.

I've said it before, but if I'm starting a team right now, I'm taking him #1. 

At 22, he's already better than what KG was at the same age.  That's scary. 

I'm going to be interested to see if he spends time this summer working on his range...imagine if he can somehow add a 3pt shot to his skill set? 

I wouldn't worry about that.   I would work on his defense.   His defensive awareness is terrible, but his natural skills are incredible.   Give him the defensive mind of a Kawhi Leonard or Draymond Green, and he would be an unstoppable 2 way force.  

Edited by Predicto

I wouldn't worry about that.   I would work on his defense.   His defensive awareness is terrible, but his natural skills are incredible.   Give him the defensive mind of a Kawhi Leonard or Draymond Green, and he would be an unstoppable 2 way force.  

He's also 2/3 years younger than those guys.  He'll get there. 

IMO, he'll be the unquestioned best player in the league by the time he's 25. 

LaMarcus Aldridge is a moron if he doesn't choose the Spurs.  It's his best option by miles.  Spurs with him, Green, and Kawhi all locked up long term should be able to transition pretty seamlessly from the Duncan/Parker/Manu era.  They won't be quite as good, but they'll still be really good.  I'd worry about Popovich's replacement though.  The organization itself is excellent, so an ordinary coach could probably succeed.  Much like Spo has in Miami.  But special coaches like Pop don't come around often.

The Spurs being in the FA game still feels odd

It is odd.  But it should be odd that it's odd.  The best franchise in Major Revenue American Sports should rightly be the most attractive free agency destination in the NBA.  Especially since they also have the advantage of having no state income tax.

Oregon has the third highest top state income tax rate in the country.  Second behind California for any state with a pro team.  It's like 10%.  So Aldridge will make 10% more on at least like 44+ games a season.  That adds up.

I expect Aldridge to sign a two year deal with a player option for the second year.  If he opts out and signs a max contract with San Antonio next summer, then he would be eligible for the full 35% max deal.  He could make himself a TON more money by doing that than staying in Portland or going to LA.