Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP David "Deacon" Jones

Jacoby6644

When I was growing up, I remember seeing him on the old NFL Highlight videos sacking QBs and making plays on the field. But my favorite thing about Deacon Jones was his interviews. He told it like it was and didn't care. I always wanted to have a conversation with him. I knew it was a slim chance it would ever happen. And I am now sad because it is no chance it will happen. RIP Deacon Jones.....

This should really be in the main forum since he did play for the Redskins.

I thought about that but since he did only play for the Skins for 1 year I thought someone might have said that this should be in the NFL forum. If the mods feel it should be moved then move away!  

HTTR

One of my fave players as a youngster.  :(

His unit with Merlin Olsen, Lamar Lundy, and Roosevelt (Rosey) Grier <Pam's big brother) was such a great group of players and always stirs memories in me of other greater defensive squads of the past like the Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, Monsters of the Midway, and Killer Bees. 

RIP Deacon, you were The Man.

Yeah, I think the thread belongs here---while it may not get as much traffic, he really belonged to the Rams and then the NFL. He only played here briefly at the end of his career--to our honor. 

The NFL Network did a tribute to him tonight by playing A Football Life: The Fearsome Foursome and Top 10 Passrushers. Didn't realize how close The Allen family was to the Foursome and especially Deacon. So my condolences to Bruce and his family.

I never missed the Packers and the rams when they were on TV. I liked the Packers because they beat the Colts I like the Rams for the Fearsome foursome. I think that was the best d-line ever and it Deacon was the main cog

What i remember about him was when he was with the skins he was sent out to kick a PAT. We were way ahead and when #75 trotted out the stadium buzzed.  They went wild when he made the kick

RIP #75  you were the best

Archived