Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7 : Is the locker room strong enough to risk drafting Tyrann Mathieu?

Lavarleap56

Is the problem that he wanted to have a party to celebrate one of the best days of his life? Or is the problem the wording on the flyer?

Check my earlier posts. I have no problem with wanting to have a party. But in a club, with his history? He's fighting an addiction, and he would have comped drinks. Right now he needs to project an air of responsibility, not a party boy. If he wanted to celebrate with his family and friends, by all means do it, but don't put it out there for everyone to see that you're going to a club Thursday night to party.

Egos today, especially in prospects, are enormous. This kid is no different.

In ways, players need a certain amount of 'swagger' and confidence to ward off the naysayers, but this case is a little different. Multiple counts of trouble, a young kid getting a big paycheck, and temptations can quickly steamroll into another letdown. Fred and Trent [ IMO] are not out of the woods yet in many people's eyes.

With a locker room in the infant stage of becoming solid, coming from years of on-and-off field issues, it may not be as solid and strong as some believe.

Just like a chain, its only as strong as the weakest link; if Mathieu ends up here, HE will be the weakest link, and if a kid doesn't respect himself enough to respect his opportunities, then it becomes a point of 'him needing and depending' on this positive support from others.

The Redskins organization should be through with taking on problem kids; thats Dallas' job !

While I understand your point, I disagree with never taking a "problem kid". Good teams can overcome that. I wouldn't invest a lot but take a chance.

Usually bad behavior has more impact than does good behavior.

Let him take his entitled self somewhere else.

Baltimore would be nice, they need some new leadership now that Ray is gone.

Actually, I think this goes hand and hand with his addiction.

My point is that it could be anything... take away his weed and the dude would find a way to **** up anyway. It's his destiny.

I think Shanahan can handle this kid.

Denver fans said that when he drafted Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round, too.

Archived