Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HogsHaven.com/HTTR24-7.com; Unveiling the Hogs Haven/HTTR24-7 Redskins Draft Board

KCClybun

Based off your chart and going best player available where we pick in each round of the draft and positions we need to fill, here is what I came up with for our draft.

2nd: Gavin Escobar (TE)

3rd: Tony Jefferson (SS)

4th: Stepfan Taylor (RB)

5th: Reid Fragel (RT)

5th: Rashard Hall (FS)

6th: Marcus Davis (WR)

7th: Nickell Robey (CB)

This is not how I would draft but this is basing the draft prospect where you have them ranked by position and our needs.

Well, here are some other options:

2nd - Slay/Swearinger/Wheaton

3rd - Lacy/Rogers/Bailey/Bahktieri/McFadden/McDonald/Duke Williams

4th - Nixon/Mills/Aboushi/B. McGee/P. Thomas

5th - Ace Sanders/Kelce/Klein/Gooden

5th - Kasa/R. Hall

6th - Riddick/Burkhead/Line/Wolff

7th - Uh... don't really know most of those guys so I won't bother picking and choosing.

So, for example (though this ignores CB)...

Wheaton

D. Williams

OT

ILB

Kasa or R. Hall

RB

Whoever

Or start with...

Swearinger

Rogers/Bailey

P. Thomas

I kinda like the idea of addressing safety with two guys that could potentially play either spot, particularly with our two projected starters having concerns. This also meshes with this FO's penchant for throwing multiple resources at a weak position. However, then we may miss out on a mid-round OT.

KC, J, LL,

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is some top shelf work. I've been looking at it for a couple of days now and I not only admire the commitment, I admire the work (for what this comment is worth to you).

Thank you, I will definitely be using this tool next weekend.

This spreadsheet will be good to use during the actual draft :thumbsup:...thanks for putting it together for us.

No Problem Califan.. HTTR

---------- Post added April-21st-2013 at 04:21 AM ----------

KC, J, LL,

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is some top shelf work. I've been looking at it for a couple of days now and I not only admire the commitment, I admire the work (for what this comment is worth to you).

Thank you, I will definitely be using this tool next weekend.

Appreciate it bro..

Man, I totally disagree with your rankings at free safety. When i look for a free safety, or any player for that matter, first and foremost, if you don't wrap tackle, you aren't playing for me. You are the last line of defense in most cases and i don't need you popping guys(as much as i loveit) as much as i need to KNOW you will take them down. If you can add some pop to that, that is a secondary benefit. You also need to be a deep coverage player and handle playing centerfield. A good centerfielder really helps the db's on the edges. A free safety with run stopping ability is a plus, but again, run stopping is secondary for this position. Those are my basic parameters.

After watching tape, I know everyone has Vacarro as the top rated safety, but he didnt jump out in film to me. He seemed like much more of a run support big hitting type and not great on backend coverage, which is what i think we are looking for the most. He also didnt really wrap tackle as much, which drives me crazy. He wouldn't be on my draft board as the number 1 free safety. Fits more of a SS for me.

I was really impressed with what i saw out of Eric Reid from LSU. He has some great range, plays the ball, and makes some hits. My biggest issue is his production fell in 2012 in regards to turnovers when he wasn't protected by players such as Claiborne and he also looks to hit with his shoulder and not wrap his arms. I am not sure if the production is down due to teams taking less shots his way, or because he just generally wasnt protected by other premier players. That worry's me and wouldnt put him as number 1 for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msB2cYNL_o4

The player I want the most is Phillip Thomas out of Fresno. He looks like a straight turnover machine. The play that blew me away is the wide receiver screen that he came in from about 10 yards deep and picked off for a touchdown. He also seems intent at causing fumbles and playing deep coverage. I like how he wraps up when he tackles and blitzes off the edges very well. Great ball skills. He doesnt have the ideal size, but he makes plays as a deep safety. If you look at his reel, he makes a lot of plays deep, he makes them on blitzing, and is just always in the right position. He gets his arms around the ball-carriers waist and drives. I also noticed him always trying to strip the ball. I love that. He makes breaks on the ball before the qb even throws it. Highly impressive.

Rambo is another guy that i like.

Cyprien seems more of an enforcer than backend coverage.

Overall, i have my ratings for fs as-

1- Philip Thoma

2.Eric Reid

3. Baccari Rambo

4. Kenny Vaccaro

5. Swearinger

6. Cyprien

Again, this is just based off of what i look for in a player.

BTW, i like the spreadsheet. just because i disagree doesn't mean it inst good stuff.

With yesterday being 4/20 I'm not sure If you're serious with Phillip Thomas being your #1 rated safety... The guy feasted on making plays vs inferior competition that were not able to take advantage of his deficiencies in physical ability and technique. He does have some upside as a player but he is far from the #1 safety in this class.

I found the Hogs Haven draft board for 2012, pretty interesting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao9PSRga3pV9dHdDVlhwYThtZWRzMzdXa0VaR2FYLWc#gid=0

Kick Cousins was listed as a 3A

Josh LeRibeus as a 3C

Keenan Robinson as a 4C

Tom Compton 5A

Alfred Morris as a 6A

Adam Gettis 6B

Crawford/Bernstine as 7B's

If I'm remembering right, Josh LeRibeus was generally thought to have been a Day 3 pick, so looks like they did a pretty good job labeling him. We drafted Keenan Robinson right around the 4C range anyways, but pretty sure he was mocked a lot as a 3rd rounder, so that's another good prediction.

Obviously based on the PFW chart they do every year (which they haven't put out yet this year for some reason). When they do theirs, I believe they list offense on top, defense on bottom, which I think makes it a little easier to read than this one.

That's a minor suggestion though. Overall, great work guys.

With yesterday being 4/20 I'm not sure If you're serious with Phillip Thomas being your #1 rated safety... The guy feasted on making plays vs inferior competition that were not able to take advantage of his deficiencies in physical ability and technique. He does have some upside as a player but he is far from the #1 safety in this class.

I think I like Thomas a fair amount more than you do. But still, yeah ranking him #1 is silly at best.

Archived