Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Fox Sports prepares channel to take on ESPN

authentic

ESPN is terrible overall outside of their documentary series...but I have hard time actually thinking positively about anything associated with Murdoch.

Let's see....they'll call the losing team winners until the very end of the game, and then a commentator goes nuts trying to reverse the score?

NBC and CBS/Turner will make a big push when the NBA deal ends with ESPN. Honestly i think the NBA hates their decision to move to ESPN

To be honest, I hope it goes back to NBC. CBS lost everyone back in the early 90s who would cover it when NBC received the deal. I can't see Brent Mustberger and Tommy Heinson calling games on a Sunday afternoon, especially since Brent left CBS for ABC years ago. Also Dick Stockton and Hubie Brown are with TNT/FOX and ESPN respectively and can't see them going back. I would love either station, because the ESPN coverage sucks.

• 1 month later...

@richarddeitsch 3:17 PM

Fox Sports 1 has landed popular TSN anchors @JayOnrait and @tsnotoole for its SportsCenter equivalent: bellmediapr.ca/tsn/releases/r…

This tier is really weird. I can get Big Ten Network and Fox Sports 1 / "Speed", but I can't get FSC, NFL, or NHL network. Don't know how cable companies determine who goes on their basic package or not, but that's a discussion for another thread. All I know is that I'll be getting this new upstart network which looks to challenge ESPN. And they just signed two big Canadian superstars.

Archived