Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playing Surface (Or: Why we need to evolve as an organization)

No_Pressure

Even on our grass surface, Seattle had no answer for our offense until Griffin got hurt. They were getting their asses whipped period.

I was really shocked how Dan let that field go this season, I thought it would have at least been sodded and painted for the playoff game, but by the looks of it it's been ignored. Without even seeing the stats, I noticed this offense can fly on turf and has some good speed to it. But we have to remember we lost a damn good weapon when Davis went down. Going into next season with this offense and defense healthy, plus adding more pieces this offseason, this team can make more than just noise next season.

I don't understand why our stadium seems to suck so bad. If Snyder has all of this money, he needs to shell out some and upgrade this place. The field is absolutely an embarrassing, there are supposedly seats behind the support pillars, and our examining room lacked a lot to be excited about.

Watching this game and looking at the Desso GrassMaster......install it now at FedEx!

So you aren't seeing the obvious fact that the middle third of the field is painted dirt and if you look at the white part of the bronco logo you can see the brown dirt underneath it? How is all the dirt and chunks of grass flying up any different than what we saw last week?

So you aren't seeing the obvious fact that the middle third of the field is painted dirt and if you look at the white part of the bronco logo you can see the brown dirt underneath it? How is all the dirt and chunks of grass flying up any different than what we saw last week?

This field is in MUCH better shape than FedEx's field was. There were entire 6-inch chunks of sod/crap flying up in our game. Our was so bad it almost looked like just painted sand instead of dirt. Why would you want to continue with what we've got?

This field is in MUCH better shape than FedEx's field was. There were entire 6-inch chunks of sod/crap flying up in our game. Our was so bad it almost looked like just painted sand instead of dirt. Why would you want to continue with what we've got?

I didn't say that...just commenting that this field looks as bad as ours did (I've seen turf flying up all day) and am tired of people acting like our field is the only field to look rough at the end of the year ever in football history.

I didn't say that...just commenting that this field looks as bad as ours did (I've seen turf flying up all day) and am tired of people acting like our field is the only field to look rough at the end of the year ever in football history.

Got it.. but I don't think it is even close to how bad ours was.

No, I'm sorry but I gotta go w/ HogNose on this one. Granted no the field isn't purfect but it looks significantly better than what FedEx looked like last week. The middle if the field is brown but by no means is it as. Wait, just saw Pita tear up a chunk of dead grass. No, this isn't the answer either.

So you don't think this field looks better than that **** last week? This field at Denver looks nothing like FedEx. You are going to have some wear because this is natural grass with synthetic fibers. It's the ideal combination.

It's either this or Field Turf.

No, I'm sorry but I gotta go w/ HogNose on this one. Granted no the field isn't purfect but it looks significantly better than what FedEx looked like last week. The middle if the field is brown but by no means is it as. Wait, just saw Pita tear up a chunk of dead grass. No, this isn't the answer either.

Ours was worse, but not by as much of a margin as people want it to be.

Oh no doubt our field was trash. Cosmeticly this field doesn't look bad at all. But upon closer inspection its still brown chunks.

They aren't a big as the chunks our field was throwing up. I was in the end zone seats (15th row) right where Griff went down... it was shocking to see how terrible it was. Whatever we do...we have to do SOMETHING different!!

They aren't a big as the chunks our field was throwing up. I was in the end zone seats (15th row) right where Griff went down... it was shocking to see how terrible it was. Whatever we do...we have to do SOMETHING different!!

Completely agree. I mean just watching the play he went down on you could see how beat up that field was. Seriously it reminded me of hog pen we had when I was a kid. When the ball was snapped you could see how he was trying to get his footing but couldn't.

Completely agree. I mean just watching the play he went down on you could see how beat up that field was. Seriously it reminded me of hog pen we had when I was a kid. When the ball was snapped you could see how he was trying to get his footing but couldn't.

I didn't realize how bad the injury looked until I watched on my DVR the next day. Ugh... :(

Archived