Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins Defense being overlooked in matchup against Seahawks?

NoCalMike

The defense is not being overlooked. I'v heard plenty of NFL analysts mention how improved the Redskins defense is over recent weeks. Haslett has been getting quite a bit of praise.

What is it with so many threads crying about lack of media respect this week? Sheesh..

Another thing we have not talked about and I feel is very very important is adjustments. How well do the SeaChickens adjust their D on what is happening in the field. Lets face it the Browns and Cowboys got torched because they couldn't adjust to us at all. Does anyone know how well Seattle DC adjusts to what is happening on the field? Especially on the road?

San Fran runs a 3-4.

Yeah but would you put Kapernick on the same par as RGIII in the option game. Don't know if you saw their Carolina game. Cam missed on several big throws. Their DBs were beaten clean. At least two of the throws would have lead directly to points.

thanks for the link! This is the first place I've seen where Redskins got the nod more than the Hawks. They're pretty good at breaking down film on this show.

Playbook is a must see TV every friday during the season. Set your TIVO! Can't wait to see what they say about the Atlanta/Redskins matchup ;)

Thats what I was saying. If Haz can dial up blitzes, mix coverages, and disguise them enough to throw off Eli and Romo sits to pee. Then I'm more than confident that he can throw this kid off enough for us to capitalize off of a few turnovers or mistakes. Listen to the media and only RGIII has pressure on him. Wilson is the wiley vet slipping into town to finish off a wounded team hanging by a thread.

REDSKINS BEAT THESE FIVE (HOT) TEAMS:

Giants: beat Packers 38-10 prior week, Saints 52-27 following week

Ravens: had won 8 of 10

That would be the short of it - I would take the Giants' SuperBowl defense featuring All-Pro Jason Pierre-Paul or the Ravens' defense featuring future Hall-Of-Famer Ed Reed over anything Seattle's got. That and haven't we already heard this defense-talk from Pierre-Paul?

The media can talk up Wilson & Lynch as much as they want, but they are poor mans' version of Griffin & Morris and the play & stats show that. The media is just over-reacting to Seattle running up some scores on games they had already won.

So, ASF had this post on CPND. It makes a great point about, not strength of schedule, but strength of WHEN we played various opponents. SKins played several hot teams (I think even the Browns were on a win streak, not a good team) and beat them. Seattle played teams in the midst of losing streaks.:

http://httr.cpnd.us/index.cgi?action=display&board=addiction&thread=11679&page=1#238364

By some statistical measures, the Seahawks are a balanced powerhouse who should end the Redskins season Sunday. However, on closer examination, these stats were accumulated over a schedule that proved exceptionally easy for the last 10 games.

It's not just who they played, but when they played them. The Seahawks had the remarkable timing of playing opponents who were in the middle of their worst streaks of the year;

SEAHAWKS BEAT THESE (LOSING) TEAMS:

Jets: 5th loss in 6 games

Vikings: 3rd loss in 4 games; would lose 5 of 7

Bears: 3rd loss in 4 games; would lose 5 of 6

Cardinals: 9th straight loss; would lose 11 of 12

Bills: 3rd loss in 4 games; would lose 7 of 9

SEAHAWKS LOST TO THESE (LOSING) TEAMS:

Dolphins: 1st win in 4 games; would lose 5 of 6

Lions: Went 2-12 in last 14 games, when not beating Seattle

SEAHAWKS LOST TO GOOD TEAM:

49ers, 13-6 (Oct. 18)

This leaves two quality wins:

SEAHAWKS BEAT THESE (HOT) TEAMS:

49ers: had won 4 of 5

Rams: had won 4 of 5

However, the Seahawks barely beat the Rams (at home) on Week 17, finally pulling ahead in the final 2 minutes, despite the great importance of the game to the Seahawks for making the playoffs.

This leaves the big victory over the 49ers as the only quality win in the last 10 games. Yes, that was very impressive.

By contrast, in the Redskins 7-game winning streak, they have 5 quality wins, defined by how hot their opposition was at the time:

REDSKINS BEAT THESE FIVE (HOT) TEAMS:

Cowboys / Thanksgiving: had won 2 straight, would win 5 of 6

Cowboys / Week 17: had lost to only 1 other team in last 6 games

Giants: beat Packers 38-10 prior week, Saints 52-27 following week

Ravens: had won 8 of 10

Browns: had won 3 straight

Just to be fair...I don't see the Seahawks win over the Patriots being considered a "quality" win. NE was 12-4 this year.

I think that qualifies as a Quality win. NE had won 2 straight before losing to Seattle. NE then rolled off 7 i n a row, after the loss the Seatlle.

Archived