Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cornerstones (Our bright future)

Farbod21

We're talking about Buffalo. They'll probably just let him go.

They may do so, and I'd love to see him in a Redskins uniform.

All the locals seem pretty nervous about his re-signing because there have been quite a few call-ins to local radio about it. Gailey is gone, Buddy Nix was just neutered and is basically a false GM, and they are going to be looking to get some big names and a QB so he may not be franchised. Even at Safety, it is still a lot of money.

I disagree. No way he falls past 3rd round. We're talking about a high first rounder if he didn't have issues. Considering our deficiencies in our secondary he has to be looked at to take a flyer on..

He was never a high first round grade. He was great in college but hes too small to play safety in the pros and hes really lacking pure cover skills to play corner. He was always a low 2nd or high 3rd. Now hes probably a 4th-5th rounder.

He was never a high first round grade. He was great in college but hes too small to play safety in the pros and hes really lacking pure cover skills to play corner. He was always a low 2nd or high 3rd. Now hes probably a 4th-5th rounder.

"He was great in college but"

My pet peeve. Production in college is the greatest indicator. People said Darrell Green was too small, Jessie Tuggle, London Fletcher, Elvis Dumervil. Blah.

I disagree. No way he falls past 3rd round. We're talking about a high first rounder if he didn't have issues. Considering our deficiencies in our secondary he has to be looked at to take a flyer on..

I think high first rounder may be a giving the guy too much credit. We all know he's great on the field and can get around the ball often, but he is severely undersized to play against most NFL Recievers. I shudder to think of him covering Dez Bryant. He is not a cover corner someone would give up at top 15 pick for in my opinion. Late first round, if he was an academic, maybe.

Theres no denying hes got a knack for big plays, but that doesn't always translate, and he doesn't have the cover or fundamentals that would give him a top pick.

My pet peeve. Production in college is the greatest indicator. People said Darrell Green was too small, Jessie Tuggle, London Fletcher, Elvis Dumervil. Blah.

For those guys you named, people can name hundreds of guys who had inflated statistics who didn't amount to anything. If you're going to be undersized or have another disadvantage, you have to be the hardest worker and smartest guy around. Sources say he's neither.

Does Colt Brennan ring a bell for you? If Production in College = NFL Star, he'd be Peyton Manning right now.

Russel Wilson

There you go. Guy is 3 inches taller & he's easily taken above Tannehill/Weeden. Easy.

---------- Post added January-1st-2013 at 11:10 PM ----------

I think high first rounder may be a giving the guy too much credit. We all know he's great on the field and can get around the ball often, but he is severely undersized to play against most NFL Recievers. I shudder to think of him covering Dez Bryant. He is not a cover corner someone would give up at top 15 pick for in my opinion. Late first round, if he was an academic, maybe.

Theres no denying hes got a knack for big plays, but that doesn't always translate, and he doesn't have the cover or fundamentals that would give him a top pick.

I'm not talking system guys in crap conferences. Guys in big conferences who produce BIG TIME. The size thing I have huge issues with. Especially considering we have a 5'9 CB in Josh Wilson starting who clearly isnt the playmaker Matthieu is..

Tyran Matthew in the 3rd? You guys have got to be kidding me. He's 5'9" and didn't even play football in 2012. If I'm going for a gamble, it would be in the 7th round for Ray Ray Armstrong. The guy is a 6'3" 220 lb safety who missed 2012 but has a lot more upside than Tyran. If he makes it, Steal, if not then he'll get cut just like most 7th rounders. But there is absolutely no ****ing way I am gambling a 3rd round pick in a year where we're missing a 1st or even in a year with 2 picks in each round. There's plenty of quality & starting caliber players in the 3rd round. Tyran isn't a quality player and definitely not starting caliber

Tyran Matthew in the 3rd? You guys have got to be kidding me. He's 5'9" and didn't even play football in 2012. If I'm going for a gamble, it would be in the 7th round for Ray Ray Armstrong. The guy is a 6'3" 220 lb safety who missed 2012 but has a lot more upside than Tyran. If he makes it, Steal, if not then he'll get cut just like most 7th rounders. But there is absolutely no ****ing way I am gambling a 3rd round pick in a year where we're missing a 1st or even in a year with 2 picks in each round. There's plenty of quality & starting caliber players in the 3rd round. Tyran isn't a quality player and definitely not starting caliber

Leribeus. & lmao@ "not a quality player" So you bring up Matthieu not playing this year & then you vouch for a guy who didnt play last year. Haha brilliant!

Leribeus. & lmao@ "not a quality player" So you bring up Matthieu not playing this year & then you vouch for a guy who didnt play last year. Haha brilliant!

What about Leribeus?

I am vouching for a guy that missed 2012 in the 7th round over an undersized guy that missed 2012 in the 3rd round. Who the heck said Ray Ray missed last year? Do you even watch football?

I like Alfred Morris a ton. He runs hard and fits what we want beautifully. But he's no cornerstone. He's gone after his third season. He lacks the true explosion of a back you build around and spend a ton on and lacks the size to survive with his running style. He'll get us a good draft pick and be replaced by another late pick. That's my guess.

For those guys you named, people can name hundreds of guys who had inflated statistics who didn't amount to anything. If you're going to be undersized or have another disadvantage, you have to be the hardest worker and smartest guy around. Sources say he's neither.

Does Colt Brennan ring a bell for you? If Production in College = NFL Star, he'd be Peyton Manning right now.

Playing in a pass-happy spread offense in the WAC isn't comparable to playing defense in the SEC. I'm not saying he's a first rounder by any means, but I would not be upset if we chose him in the first 3 rounds if, of course, everything checks out on him. He may not have the skills to play as an outside corner but I think he could make an excellent nickle. He's a more talented Javier Arenas. Sometimes you can't outthink yourself.

Are you kidding me? You are comparing him to Darrell Green and London Fletcher?!? LOLLL

Most athletes that can overcome huge obstacles such as lack of height, speed, or size are the most hard working and class acts around. Their work ethic and intelligence for the game are what allows them to overcome their deficiencies. You are telling me that a guy that has been repeatedly suspended from his team, and finally kicked off entirely is worthy of gambling a high pick on to do so?

Players like him get people fired.

What about Leribeus?

I am vouching for a guy that missed 2012 in the 7th round over an undersized guy that missed 2012 in the 3rd round. Who the heck said Ray Ray missed last year? Do you even watch football?

LeRibeus was a 3rd rounder & gave us nothing this year except for some fill in work late.

& its 2013 . Hence, last year :)

I wouldn't mind seeing an entire draft devoted to defense. And I also wouldn't mind another FA wide receiver

I think with Davis returning, Dez Briscoe, Aldrick Robinson in the wings and Hank coming on we really don't need another FA IMO, we just need to keep these guys developing.

Archived