Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fan near Seattle

timitim

kinda pathetic how all the mods on here badmouth every fan from every fanbase that decides to post on here to talk about the game...only time they act decent to a fan of another team is if they blatantly kiss their *** ...LOL

Perhaps you should read the sticky in ATN?

Trash talking gets what it deserves, especially if it's people signing up the week of the game which is often the case.

This is a website owned by the Washington Redskins, maintained by Redskins fans, and primarily devoted to Washington Redskins football. While we enjoy visitors, we did not leave the door open hoping to have people drop by intent on changing our way of thinking. We are quite happy (some might argue "miserable" at times) being Redskins fans. We continue to believe that each Sunday marks a new beginning and that eventually we will return to our days of greatness. You, of course, can laugh at that notion, but if you do it here, it probably won't be taken too kindly.

If you're a fan of a rival team, please don't make the mistake of thinking this is an always-friendly environment. When you are here, your screen is burgundy and gold for a reason. We’re ExtremeSkins. Nothing about this site should suggest to you that we are interested in being all things to all football fans. We have many knowledgeable fans here who know quite a bit about Washington Redskins football in particular and the NFL in general. We allow a certain amount of Redskins machismo here, because that is part of the Redskins experience. So be advised you will likely encounter critical and disparaging statements related to your chosen football team from time to time. As with all issues, moderators will determine what is or isn't allowable independent of anyone's team affiliation.

Do enjoy your time here---we welcome well-behaved rival fans and enjoy other perspectives in the form of solid football discussion, along with the typical banter expected in such venues as long as it is within our Forum Rules. But don't let your activities interfere with our ability to enjoy your time here.

Well you should probably expect a little smack talk when you come on another teams board before a playoff game.

What makes you think I didn't expect smack talk? I certainly expect smack talk. But not all smack talk is equal -- some is sharp and witty, and some is... not so much.

kinda pathetic how all the mods on here badmouth every fan from every fanbase that decides to post on here to talk about the game...only time they act decent to a fan of another team is if they blatantly kiss their *** ...LOL

You should at least have tried for a little accuracy in your comment, not that idiocy usually lends itself well to such effort.

Find another place to post stupid for a month.

I've been to other boards in years past to talk football, and one thing I have always done is go by a set of personal rules. Don't **** on the carpet. When someone says something idiotic about your team or your fanbase, dont respond with idiocy (ignore it, or come back with something factual to counter it, respectfully), because it's a battle you won't win, don't get bent out of shape, and don't condemn an entire fanbase because of what a couple of dudes (on a message board that together doesn't even come out to one percent of said fanbase) said. Don't come in bragging, or trying to get cute, because you will open pandora's box.

I try to treat it sort of like real life, like the first time you're welcomed into a circle of friends, or another family, or a bar full of opposing fans, etc. Take everything in stride, and don't complain or come in heavy handed. RP/Tom (and a few others) were/are different, mainly because I got to know him in the tailgate as people rather than fans, so it's different, but speaking to myself, other than spending a week talking football, I'd never stick around on another board (especially a rival board) purely for football purposes, for a lengthy amount of time unless I:

A) Am a genuinely good hearted person

B) A troll.

Anyways, I hope we crush the Seahawks and get that playoff monkey off our backs.

Yah, Seattle is so hot right now. Pete Carroll is the greatest coach ever. We have no chance, we might as well forfeit.

Seahawks fans are the short angry napoleon fans of the NFL. Nobody in the country outside of Seattle cares about their irrelevant football team except them. They are right that they don't get any respect from the national media, and they have every right to be angry :ols:

Seattle. Nobody cares. If you win the Superbowl, people will go back to not caring. Just FYI. I don't think there is a more irrelevant franchise in all of professional sports.

You scared bro?

I don't think I've read a more moronic statement from all the message boards on all of the Internets.

I guarentee you no one here is scared.

That's the point. You should be, or else you look just like the arrogant Cowboys fan who haven't won anything in the last decade, yet believe themselves to be relevant. I guarantee no a single Hawks fan is taking this game lightly. If you have an intelligent bone in your body, you will realize that this isn't a clear win for either team.

That's the point. You should be, or else you look just like the arrogant Cowboys fan who haven't won anything in the last decade, yet believe themselves to be relevant. I guarantee no a single Hawks fan is taking this game lightly. If you have an intelligent bone in your body, you will realize that this isn't a clear win for either team.

I'm not scared because it is just a football game and even if the Skins lose, my life will go on.

Is this the Venus Hawk Fan Trap thread?

:ols:

Just go away.

No no no... We are wrong about their team and we must be corrected!! Thank you Seahawks fans!! We are glad you are here, really!

Where is jumbo with his "it's okay, we're from the Internet!" Meme?

Not sure I agree that the Seahawks get no respect. Have some of you been following NFL coverage lately? Most pundits are slobbering all over the Seahawks and picking them to defeat us. In fact, one of the reasons why Seahawk fans annoy me so much is that their little brother complex isn't justified, esp. after this season. They've gotten all sorts of attention from the national media this year.

I was present at both of our playoff losses in Seattle and despite being dressed in full redskin regalia we not only lost but I had to suffer the indignity of those wretched fans. I have never been round more bitter, hostile, and verbally abusive fans in my life I doubt I would go again.

l

I was at both of those games. I saw Redskins fans treated with absolute hospitality. I've been attending Seahawks games for decades and I have never seen anything approaching that which you claim. I have seen opposing fans come in and act like fools ,(mostly Raider fans) but I have never seen Seattle fans be verbally abusive to anyone.

I think people make up stories like this in order to ease themselves of their own bitterness.

I was at both of those games. I saw Redskins fans treated with absolute hospitality. I've been attending Seahawks games for decades and I have never seen anything approaching that which you claim. I have seen opposing fans come in and act like fools ,(mostly Raider fans) but I have never seen Seattle fans be verbally abusive to anyone.

I think people make up stories like this in order to ease themselves of their own bitterness.

Or perhaps you were in a different section than the OP?

Or perhaps you were in a different section than the OP?

I know made up stories when I see them

Here's my take on Sunday. The Seahawks are a better team than the Redskins but that will be mitigated by Seattle being on the road. Do I believe the Redskins can win? Absolutely. Do I believe Seattle can win? Absolutely. If the game ends up a blow-out, I think Seattle wins. If it remains close anything can happen. In all of Seattle's road losses, they were in position in the final seconds to win. I'm sure Shanahan and his staff are not taking the Seahawks lightly. They can score quickly on both offense and defense. They are fundamentally sound in all phases of the game. Their young QB has improved week to week and is a highly accurate long ball QB. They have excellent skill position players and their offensive line is a bunch of maulers.

The good news for the Redskins is that the Seahawks are a very young inexperienced team and they are building for the future, not just today. The bad news for the Redskins is that the Seahawks play in a much tougher, physical division than the skins and they are more playoff ready.

Archived