Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com: RG3 Ready for Redskins vs Cowboys (Full Speed Baby)

MustangSteve

Any hopes the Dallas Cowboys had for facing a limited version of Robert Griffin III this weekend have evaporated.

The Washington Redskins quarterback practiced fully Wednesday without any irritation from the sprained knee he suffered in a in a Week 14 win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Griffin told Rich Campbell of The Washington Times he should be able to do things physically in Sunday night's NFC East title fight that he couldn't in last week's win over the Philadelphia Eagles.

Mike Shanahan told reporters the Redskins' offense was limited against the Eagles by design. We saw a scheme that often looked more like what backup Kirk Cousins ran against the Cleveland Browns in Week 15 than the frenzied option attack RG3 led during the team's six-game winning streak.

"I could've done it against Philly," Shanahan said. "We just chose not to."

Click link for rest http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117346/article/rg3-ready-for-washington-redskinsdallas-cowboys

Thanks for posting Steve. It'll be interesting to see how the players prepare/handle preparation this week. I can't remember the last time this team recieved so much praise headed into a big game. I hope they mind their study and practice.

I am not so sure that this is something that Mike could've consistantly relied on, but as close as that game got... I don't think we were ever in any legitimate danger of losing that game unless the Eagle decided to go for 2 at the end. If we were... who knows what we would've seen.

This is what I love the most, can the Cowboys Defense stop RG3? It's no longer RG3 you have to stop, he's just the rocket fuel to the fire this entire offense can burn you with. #1 running game in the NFL, #1 passing over 20 yards, we can run you over or light you up in the air. Then the threat of a world class sprinter at QB and a defense playing much better than 1st half of season. I love our odds, no wonder I'm calling a double digit beat down on Dallas this time.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 04:33 PM ----------

Thanks for posting Steve. It'll be interesting to see how the players prepare/handle preparation this week. I can't remember the last time this team recieved so much praise headed into a big game. I hope they mind their study and practice.

I am not so sure that this is something that Mike could've consistantly relied on, but as close as that game got... I don't think we were ever in any legitimate danger of losing that game unless the Eagle decided to go for 2 at the end. If we were... who knows what we would've seen.

The best part is it wouldn't have mattered if we played 3rd string against Philly and lost, we still win the division by beating Dallas. I'm glad we coasted that game now, and I am fully expecting to see everything in this Cowboy game. This is going to be fun my brotha!

I'm more concerned with us stopping them than anything. We will move the ball regardless.

^^I agree with this. I'm also slightly concerned with taking some of the rust off of the option. But the fact that we played so well not using it is very promising and I think gave this team tremendous confidence.

Sunday's gonna be fun!

I'm more concerned with us stopping them than anything. We will move the ball regardless.
I think our Defense will play out of their minds, these guys are fired up and in this type of atmosphere the Cowboys are walking into, I won't be shocked to see their offense shut down. We will win the NFC East this Sunday Night, bank on that.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 05:01 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing, Steve! Agreed, we're rolling by 10+ on Sunday......dammnit is it Sunday YET??!?
^5 my brotha, I just feel this win coming, an epic beat down across the board on Dallas. It's going to suck to be a Cowboy fan this Sunday Night!!!

While I share the enthusiasm I am still nervous about this game. Dez and Romo sits to pee have been playing out of their minds lately and they have Murray back who missed our first game with them. Our D is going to need to rise to the occasion. I hope that London has a fiery pre-game speech ready on Sunday!

I'm stoked, but I wouldn't read a ton into it. They want Dallas to prep for "that crap" as Rob Ryan would say. I was actually a little surprised at how limited RG3 looked last week (regardless of our game plan), and I'm not sure if I buy that he'll be 100 percent. Certainly, I hope I'm a 1000 percent wrong. :)

Our winning streak has been all about turnovers. I know it's cliche, but I think it applies to our group more than most because of our depleted secondary. Our D has been opportunistic, and we have gotten big plays when we really needed them. We will need to get Romo sits to pee to cough it up a couple of times if we want to win on Sunday night.

Since #91 seems to do well when we call him out...let me proudly proclaim that this is a "defining" game for Mr. Kerrigan. Now go get me a sack fumble so I can happily eat my crow. :)

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

Oh...and where are all the **** Dallas threads for this week? I wanna get my 1000th post before kickoff.

While I share the enthusiasm I am still nervous about this game. Dez and Romo sits to pee have been playing out of their minds lately and they have Murray back who missed our first game with them. Our D is going to need to rise to the occasion. I hope that London has a fiery pre-game speech ready on Sunday!
I watched a horrible Saints defense and secondary chasing their tails that game, and still had Dallas down 14 points. Dez did "NOTHING" spectacular at all, but watch an idiot covering him fall flat down one time, and the other TD the idiot was still running circles chasing his tail after Dez scored. A piss poor effort by the Saints Defense had the Cowboys offense beat soundly, before their own clumsiness let them back into the game.

That reminded me so much of South Park when Cartman entered the Special Olympics and still got his butt whipped lol. They couldn't even run on the Saints defense. This is why It won't shock me to see our Defense punch them strait in the mouth this time. Anyone want to talk some real spectacular plays by receivers? Look no further then our very own!

But the Cowboys have tape on Griff and he will be shut down. "that crap" won't work when you play a team the second time. He is injury prone....

BWAH HA HA HAH..../sarcasm

Man I'm so ready for this game.

I love this sarcasm lol. As Ryan saw himself, watching speed on tape is one thing, but chasing it on the field is another. They damn sure better respect our receiver speed this time, and that's going to open huge holes for Morris and RG3.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

I think they should trot Robert out to return the opening kickoff.

lmao the only thing funnier than this would be to watch him run the kick back for a TD.

But the Cowboys have tape on Griff and he will be shut down. "that crap" won't work when you play a team the second time. He is injury prone....

rob ryan is going to stop that 'college stuff' this time around. or the other stuff that he couldnt stop last time. or whatever.

This isn't going to be an easy game. A lot of you are taking this.game for granted. Both teams will put up 24+ points. I hope its not close but it will probably be

Every analyst Ive heard on sports talk radio and TV are saying the cowboys will win. So don't be surprised if this game isn't close. Our team will be motivated to get respect and the cowboys are smelling themselves because people are impressed that they're finally winning close games. But this won't be close!! the cowboys suffered a devistating loss at home last week and teams that lose heart breakers dont normally perform well the next week. Combine this with the fact that our QB got a week to dust the rust off, we are the hottest team in the league.. And haven't played for a division title in 13yrs. It's a perfect storm for the cowboys. Redskins route!!

This isn't going to be an easy game. A lot of you are taking this.game for granted. Both teams will put up 24+ points. I hope its not close but it will probably be
Honestly I never take any team or game for granted. We all have our own feeling and insight on this game, every fan, every analyst and everyone watching. Dallas deserves to be here, they earned it, I will give them their due respect. But that doesn't change my outlook on this game or what I called and will stand on. I think the Redskins beat Dallas by double digits!!!

Archived