Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We'll see how the old feeling does this week.

Art

It's still hard for me to get into a groove with this team knowing what it will do from one week to the next, but, for whatever reason, I have no worries about Tampa. It's not necessarily a rational thing. It's just a thing. I get a feeling once or twice a year. Under Gibbs and Norv and Marty the feeling was never wrong. This is the first time I've had the feeling under Spurrier.

I almost had it last year once, but, an underlying Norvousness kept it from being clean :). It's probably meaningless, but, I'm just not at all worried about this game. I don't think there's any chance we lose. I think the Bucs are a team we'll match up very well against and Spurrier's strength is when he knows what a defense is doing and calling plays to defeat it and that's what the Bucs will give us a little.

So, we'll see if the lucky feeling carries over. :).

The fact that we've been in every game is what makes it easy to not get overly worried about the Bucs for me. The defense has outplayed the offense up to this point IMO and I remain confident that the Offense can move the ball on anybody.

Personally, I don't think they are going to blow us out, but that the game will come down to another nailbiter with a field goal deciding it in the end. I just hope we don't shoot ourselves in the foot again. We also can't afford to have a negative give-away, take-away advantage in this game.

Now I'll go back into mourning. :anon: :laugh:

Patrick Ramsey MUST be protected this week at all costs. If we have to count on Laveranues Coles to beat a double team or two, so be it. The wideouts will have to make plays and Ladell Betts ought to get a extra day of rest this week. I've got a feeling that we need to beat their a$$e$$ for them and rebound to 4-2. Protect the home turf and win another important NFC tie-breaker game for playoff positioning.

Skeletor and Riggo,

No, I've never had this feeling before in the Spurrier era. Not once. I almost did before the Eagles game a year ago, but, an underlying Norvousness held me back. The point being that an average of once or twice a year we enter a game in which I have absolutely no worries about.

The kind of feeling that can't be explained and the sort that is largely meaningless in the outcome of the game to be certain. But, this is my first game like this under Spurrier. I've felt good about any number of games. That's a different feeling than this one. This one has been money for about 20 years :).

Actually I don't believe that we have ever lost to the Bucs at home (maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember when). Obviously we've never played Gruden here before, but we have beaten this Monte Kiffin (sp?), Dungy super defense twice I believe. Once in 1998 when we were 6-10 and once in OT in 2000 on the Deion punt return. If Norv could do it, SS can. (I hope). Let's hope they win tonight. We don't want them facing a must win.

jkam, you're right. and here's the creepy part. i was at both those games and i'm going on sunday.

we came back to beat shaun king and the bucs in 1998 and more or less keep them out of the playoffs. steven alexander caught (that's right, not dropped) a big TD from trent green. then in 2K, it was deion's punt return. hopefully we come up with a big play on sunday to run my record to 3-0 vs. the bucs when i go to the games!

The Bucs could destroy the Rams passing offense in its heyday. I have to agree with Die Hard here - we're toast.

The Philly games and the Bucs game will be the only times this year I REALLY miss Stephen Davis.

Yo, SS, start Betts (or maybe Rock) and run up the middle. Trung's speed won't add up to nothing against this DL... :doh:

I think the Skins don't stand a chance against Tampa this week unless they REALLY put a nice game together.

Betts must be pounded (forget Trung). There is no way Ramsey will look good against the Tampa defense, so he has to be effective.....just complete some balls and try not to turn the ball over.

The real key is stopping Tampa's offense, though.

The Bucs D is what it is and nobody really exploits it. If you want to win, you simply have to take the 10 or 17 points the Bucs could give up and make sure their offense doesn't put up more.

The skins D can make plays against the Bucs offense and they will have to if the Skins have a chance.

Man I just hope Ramsey gets out of there alive. The Skins are going to have to play with a level of focus that they haven't even gotten close to if they're going to win this game. False starts and missed blocks won't cut it against the Bucs.

I think, if given the opportunity by the offense, our D could win the game against Tampa

As for "feelings" I suspect its probably just because we are expected to lose so there is no reason to feel too anxious...just a guess

Archived