Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embarrassment of riches: You voting for RGIII or Alfred Morris for Rookie of the Week?

DCthomahal

Washington Post article noting the numerous nominations for player of the week awards honoring RGIII and Alfred Morris (including links to voting pages).

I went ahead and voted for Morris for Rookie of the Week, RGIII for Player of the Week, and RGIII and the overall team effort for "Moment of the Week. (4th and 29 is incredible, but beating Dallass is good for the Universe as a whole).

You can say a lot about our team and what we fans have had to endure for a long time, but dang do we have a couple of stars this year. Maybe it'd be good to take a minute and luxuriate in these choices.

I wonder what the poor teams are doing this season?

RG3 is a beast. But Morris is unreal. 6th round draft pick playing like he should have been drafted on the first day of the draft.

That said, RG3 gets my vote. I've really only been in awe of one player for as long as I've been watching the Skins and that was Sean Taylor. RG3 is the second player that I've been in awe of.

A 100+ yard, 1 TD day is very good, but 4 TDs, over 300 yards, and a 132 rating means that RGIII takes it.

Morris is having a heck of a year though, he's on pace for 1400 yards. As a whole, our offense should have a little north of 2000 rushing yards between Morris and RGIII, and as a team are #2 in the league right now in rushing.

Morris played a hell of a game, but Griffin's was even more impressive. It's not knock on Morris that I voted for Griffin. Four TDs and 300 yards is tough to beat.

Interesting little aside: This morning I was watching NFL network and they had Griffin on for a quick interview. They asked him a lot of Luck vs. him questions (He said he never roots against QBs) and then they asked him who should be Rookie of The Year (silly question to ask him, of course). He said Morris. :)

Voted for both.

Still... reading what RG3 said, I'm gonna only vote for Morris next time.

My vote would go to Alfred Morris, because I wouldn't vote for myself," he said. "I think that's extremely conceited and I'm not that person, so I'd vote for Alfred Morris. He's my running back, he's had a very quiet, but very great season for a running back and I'm proud to have him on this team.

Classy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101937/article/rg3-hopes-he-luck-become-best-comparison-of-all-time

Morris played a hell of a game, but Griffin's was even more impressive. It's not knock on Morris that I voted for Griffin. Four TDs and 300 yards is tough to beat.

Interesting little aside: This morning I was watching NFL network and they had Griffin on for a quick interview. They asked him a lot of Luck vs. him questions (He said he never roots against QBs) and then they asked him who should be Rookie of The Year (silly question to ask him, of course). He said Morris. :)

Voted for both.

Still... reading what RG3 said, I'm gonna only vote for Morris next time.

Classy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101937/article/rg3-hopes-he-luck-become-best-comparison-of-all-time

Just when I thought he couldn't get any more classy or mature, he goes off and destroys my expectation. Again.

And I couldn't be more pleased :)

Archived