Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EaglesInsider: Jason Babin released...

Rocket442Olds

Defenders take shots at offensive players on turnovers all the time. Look at the shot to the head Maclin took on the one interception against the skins a couple of weeks ago. Refs miss it a lot because turnovers are unpredictable and chaotic. I don't like it, but people need to recognize that's how defensive players think, or most of them anyway.

Found this wasn't him it was Tapp

http://www.extremeskins.com/archive/index.php/t-356609.html

I guess Reid will be the last to go from the Dream Team. Anyone wanna place bets on which former pro bowler goes next?

Depends on if some guys have exit clauses in their contracts or if Lurie just says "**** it" and decides to cut bait and take a cap hit or something. Maybe Asomougha. I forgot the parameters of his contract though. Not sure if that's possible.

I guess the cleansing is underway.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McCoy IR'd like Jackson was last night. No need to put those 2 at risk any further.

pretty amazing huh ... did not see this coming for Reid. I figured he would win the Super Bowl and retire or keep on winning games and eventually just step down, take a year off, and come back.

would never think he would lose his players and implode ... wow.

I figure no one will claim off of waivers because they would need to pick up full sal for 2012. I'd bet someone will bite after he clears waivers though. It would be nice to have someone else on the other side Kerrigan. Make it incentive loaded and a 1 year deal. Only problem is do we remember that other defensive guy that was the 2nd coming only to lay down on the job after he got his check. Sorry, I refuse to even say his name. Torn for sure.

Bring him in, vet min + incentives. He was a 4-3 DE in college and played average as a 3-4 OLB in the pros before converting to the wide-9 in Philthy. He could be serviceable on 1st and 2nd downs and let Rob Jackson back in for 3rd down and coverage ability. Chris Wilson is as much as worthless.

Until Orakpo is back, of course...

When was Babin ever a LB? He's only played for 4-3 teams.

Claimed by the Jaguars. Sucks for him, lol

hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He thought he was going to go to a playoff team LOL

he deserves to be stuck in Jax, to rot away back to being an anonymous DE.. I predict he will be out of the league in 2 years or less, similar to how haynesworthless went out with a fizzle.

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire ...

Count Jim Washburn among those unhappy -- and completely surprised -- to see pass rusher Jason Babin shuttled out of Philadelphia this week.

The Eagles defensive line coach was "not pleased" when Andy Reid cut Babin, sources close to Washburn told Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer on Wednesday.

One source said Washburn believed Babin, 32, was made the scapegoat for a crumbling Eagles defense that's fallen apart since Juan Castillo was fired from his post as defensive coordinator.

This was an Andy Reid decision. That he went ahead and made it without consulting one of his most respected coaches is telling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000102559/article/jason-babin-release-reportedly-upset-jim-washburn

Archived