Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turkey Day 2012: RG3's first nationally televised game

Commander PK

I only remember 3 games the skins played Dallas on Thanksgiving. 1990,1996 and 2002 I wanna say.

1990: 27-17 Dallas. A young Cowboys squad complete with the big three as babies overcame a 17-10 deficit to beat us 27-17. Couldn't run the ball that day and Rypien threw the ball over 50 times.

1996: 21-10 Dallas. Aikman throws for like 70 yards and we still lose by 2 scores. That was the collapse season under Norv.

2002: 20-27 Dallas. Don't get me started, Danny Wuerffel started idc if I spelled his name wrong. The game showcased a young Roy Williams in his brief prime. We manage 4 sacks 2 by Bruce Smith and a 20-10 lead in the 3rd. Dallas comes back. Emmitt runs for 140 plus and we blow the lead in our horrid throwback uniforms.

Can't wait for this game though ( No sarcasm)

RG3 relishes the big stage. This is a big stage moment, a moment that can change the fortunes of a franchise and how they are viewed for years to come. Yes it's overstating things I know, but it is pretty true. I cannot wait to see what special tricks he has up his sleeve for the cowgirls. I expect a big time performance from the young man, win or lose.....Win 31-27.

Dallas has not been performing well on the National stage recently, (neither have we) but RG3 seems to have that "primetime" aura about him that all the greats did. Bright lights will not affect this kid, he is focused on the goal.

What every cowboys fan won't tell you is that he is scared-****less right now.

How do I know? I can see it in their eyes.....

Wow, that's sobering.
Yeah, I'm not surprised by yet another negative stat. But hey we broke the rookie QB and consecutive home game loss record this year..

It is indeed sobering, but things change and stranger things have happened. Rookie QB losing streak, consecutive home loss streak, the “Redskin Rule”, etc. The fact is that a win this Thursday would mean much more to Redskins fans for any number of reasons.

Anyone remember a few years back when Detroit embarrased Dallas on thanksgiving? My gut is telling me to not be too ****y about this game but last week made me all giddy inside. I hate how much the Skins can build you up and then tear you apart in just a few plays. but screw it, we'll have this game wrapped up by halftime. wont even be close.

I have all the confidence in Griff, but now without Merriweather I fear or secondary is going to revert back to the 50+ yard plays given up frequently.

Unfortunately I had to work so I didn't get to watch the game. But listening after Meriweather left the game. Gomes sounded like he caught fire. He sounded like he was playing his rookie year. The team as a whole sounded like they were playing w/ some fire in their belly. Whatever it was I'm hoping they take it dallass.

Unfortunately I had to work so I didn't get to watch the game. But listening after Meriweather left the game. Gomes sounded like he caught fire. He sounded like he was playing his rookie year. The team as a whole sounded like they were playing w/ some fire in their belly. Whatever it was I'm hoping they take it dallass.

We have to count on this. That even without Meriweather the defense continues to play like they did with him. Hopefully he had an effect on them, that will at least carry over without him.

Archived