Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where to buy a good fried turkey

No Excuses

I'm hosting a Thanksgiving get together in a couple weeks with some friends and was going to supply the turkey. I've always wanted to try a fried turkey so I was wondering if there are any suggestions from ES on where to buy one from.

Any suggestions of an online vendor that ships? I tried googling for vendors but I read some horror stories on Yelp about the ones that came up.

Popeye's Restaurants offer a Cajun fried turkey during the holiday season. You have to pre-order them, pick them up from the restaurant, and reheat for an hour or two before serving. I've had it once. It was only okay, nothing at all like a freshly fried turkey. But OK in a pinch.

I'm hosting a Thanksgiving get together in a couple weeks with some friends and was going to supply the turkey. I've always wanted to try a fried turkey so I was wondering if there are any suggestions from ES on where to buy one from.

Any suggestions of an online vendor that ships? I tried googling for vendors but I read some horror stories on Yelp about the ones that came up.

I've fried 3 or four turkey's every year for the last 15 years. It's very simple to do and hi rewards. Takes about 2.5 - 3 minutes per pound and about 10$ worth of peanut oil.

I think KFC and Bojangles sell them also.

We always make our own. One traditional, one fried. The fried gets demolished, the roasted ends up being mostly sandwich meat.

Frying is easy, but the start-up is more expensive than buying one. I don't know how the ones from stores taste.

I wonder if honey baked ham has them also. EDIT: Or Boston Market ? No idea.

Archived