Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets hear it for......the O line.

21MadFan

Silverback is a beast, and we need him so badly it's not even funny. I hope he stays healthy, because with him anchoring the left side I think our line is pretty decent, but the moment he's gone we fall apart.

We definitely need to add some depth of talent too. An RT is 1st thing, but getting a high level backup at LT should be a priority as well.

We drafted 3 linemen in 2010, 1 in 2011, and 3 in 2012. I think getting another 3 guys via some combination of FA and the draft would be good, depending on where we get our starting RT from.

I think this line goes as Trent Williams goes. He played well today, the coaches had a better game plan, and Rg3 stayed upright. Last week vs. Bengals the line was Swiss Cheese, every time Rg3 dropped back he got murdered. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about the line. If this group stays healthy they can gel. We gotta have Trent to make anything happen with the group.

YES!! Trent is the clear anchor of this group: he's not only the unit's best player, he elevates the entire group's play. The Cincy game carved this fact into my psyche. This offensive line goes as he goes, period.

And personally, I think they looked good in Tampa. The Skins gashed the league's heretofore best run defense (or were they 2nd?) in the Bucs, so I'll give the fellas their props.

---------- Post added October-1st-2012 at 01:53 PM ----------

Trent Williams on the sportsfix right now:

Asked why he played in the game:

"I felt like I owed it to the team and to the city to play a 16 game season."

That is what the **** I am talking about TW.

Folks can say what they want about The Skins, but it's coming together. A guy like this protecting our crown jewel? I'm very bullish on The Redskins long term. AND I still believe that if things break right (no more devastating injuries, +TO ratio, a consistently strong RGIII season), the fellas can have a pleasantly surprising year.

Trent Williams on the sportsfix right now:

Asked why he played in the game:

"I felt like I owed it to the team and to the city to play a 16 game season."

That is what the **** I am talking about TW.

I feel like he learned exactly the lesson everyone wanted him to from his suspension last year. He missed four games, and from that quote and from his passion it looks like that got through to him. He's definitely taking the steps he needs to in order to be the elite LT we drafted him to be.

And that's great, but at the same time, I hope he doesn't play while he shouldn't be due to injury. I'd rather he miss a week, heal and be able to play for the rest of the year than to push himself and end up missing a bunch of time.

I feel like he learned exactly the lesson everyone wanted him to from his suspension last year. He missed four games, and from that quote and from his passion it looks like that got through to him. He's definitely taking the steps he needs to in order to be the elite LT we drafted him to be.

And that's great, but at the same time, I hope he doesn't play while he shouldn't be due to injury. I'd rather he miss a week, heal and be able to play for the rest of the year than to push himself and end up missing a bunch of time.

Our offense is a different animal when he is on the field. We can score points without him, but we can be straight dominant with him. Also, the interior of this line has really played their butts off. We are a starting caliber right tackle and some depth away from having a good line. THey have come together extremely well and bodes well for the future. I think we can really use the draft to sure up our secondary, find a RT either thru free agency, draft, or someone we have been working on within the roster not named Jamaal Brown or Polumbus.

Trent Willaims is very, very good. With his head on straight, he may become great. But after Trent, the OL becomes, at best, average. In descending order, Lichtensteiger, Chester, Montgomery and Polumbus, You can build an offensive line around a great left tackle, but you can't leave him as the only top notch player on the OL.

Yes, the Skins have drafted other OL in recent years. How many do you see on the field? By my count - zero, Even third round talent, like Leribeus, is not going to be on the field unless someone gets hurt. The coaches have more faith in a guy who was out of football for over a year than any of the so-called "quality depth". And with another 18 million of the Redskins salary gone next year, and the unwillingness of other teams to give up their good OL to the Skins, the only way to get another starter on the OL next year is to draft one in the second round. There, you might find a good offensive tackle who could back up Trent and/or start at right tackle. But grabbing another 3rd or 4th round OL and hoping they'll replace Polumbo or Brown is dreaming.

The rest of the OL has played better than expected. But the expectations weren't that high. You've got the franchise. Now protect him. I don't expect it to happen next year. Next year, I expect the Skins to find some other team's castoff OL or a new wunderkind in the 5th or 6th round. But one day I hope they get some other serious talent on the OL besides Trent.

I think all of our offensive line excluding RT is solid. Monty and Trent being the best two. Montgomery is playing at a pro bowl level this year. Im kot sure why everyone is so down on our O line all the time. This line is built to move the pocket. It does that extremely well and its a key part of our offense. Im hoping we cam find a solution on RT but besides that. I think we have a very solid Oline

Have you watched any the Eagles, Giants, Cowboys games? We have best line in the NFC East.

Archived