Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday, Thursday, whatver the f day this is: Training camp tweets and some what-not sprinkled on top

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Practice just ended, all three OL that were in question participated. Tim Hightower did a lot more team work & looked good. #Redskins

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL

What you've been waiting for all day. Odds for NFL MVP, Off and def rookie of the year awards. http://cbsprt.co/N6qQxt

2012 NFL MVP -- Odds to Win

Aaron Rodgers (GB) QB -- 11/2

Tom Brady (NE) QB -- 13/2

Drew Brees (NO) QB -- 9/1

Michael Vick (PHI) QB -- 10/1

Peyton Manning (IND) QB -- 10/1

Matthew Stafford (DET) QB -- 12/1

Arian Foster (HOU) RB -- 15/1

Calvin Johnson (DET) WR -- 15/1

Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) QB -- 18/1

Eli Manning (NYG) QB -- 18/1

Cam Newton (CAR) QB -- 22/1

Matt Ryan (ATL) QB -- 22/1

Tony Romo sits to pee (DAL) QB -- 22/1

Alex Smith (SF) QB -- 25/1

Chris Johnson (TEN) RB -- 25/1

LeSean McCoy (PHI) RB -- 25/1

Ray Rice (BAL) RB -- 25/1

Jay Cutler (CHI) QB -- 30/1

Jimmy Graham (NO) TE -- 35/1

Matt Forte (CHI) RB -- 40/1

Rob Gronkowski (NE) TE -- 40/1

Andre Johnson (HOU) WR -- 50/1

Andrew Luck (IND) QB -- 50/1

Andy Dalton (CIN) QB -- 50/1

Jared Allen (MIN) DE -- 50/1

Robert Griffin III (WSH) QB -- 50/1

Wes Welker (NE) WR -- 50/1

Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) WR -- 75/1

Tim Tebow (NYJ) QB -- 100/1

2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year -- Odds to Win

Andrew Luck (IND) QB -- 5/2

Robert Griffin III (WSH) QB -- 9/2

Trent Richardson (CLE) RB -- 11/2

Brandon Weeden (CLE) QB -- 15/2

Justin Blackmon (JAC) WR -- 15/2

A.J. Jenkins (SF) WR -- 35/1

2012 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year -- Odds to Win

Luke Kuechly (CAR) LB -- 4/1

Morris Claiborne (DAL) DB -- 6/1

Chandler Jones (NE) DE -- 9/1

Melvin Ingram (SD) DE -- 10/1

Mark Barron (TB) DB -- 10/1

Mychal Kendricks (PHI) LB -- 14/1

Scott Jackson ‏@JacksonSports

Latest contribution to SB Nation DC on the Great Stras Debate and RGIII did not Suck.... http://fb.me/1xqVNoqmH

For Starters, RGIII Did Not Stink

OK, let's get this out of the way. It is just preseason, with a small sample size. All that aside, Robert Griffin III looked like the real deal in week one of the preseason against the Buffalo Bills last week.

He was comfortable in the pocket and in control of the offense. He did not play too fast like lots of rookies tend to do. He was able to make his reads and deliver the ball. He showed off his strong arm. He also seems to have good chemistry already with prized free agent wide receiver Pierre Garcon.

The other big plus from the Bills game was that he never got hit. The Redskins' patchwork offensive line kept him clean. As a matter of fact, RGIII admitted this week he has not been tackled since Baylor's bowl game last year.

Sooner or later, RGIII will have to run, get tackled, and yes, even sacked. He knows this and yes, the Redskins coaches are well aware of it, too. They would just prefer it does not happen until the games start to count.

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

HTTR4LIFE.COM® ‏@HTTR4LIFE

How Reliable is Fred Davis as a Run Blocker? (Via @UkRedskin1) http://sbn.to/PfXeSM

Sitting on top of the Redskins tight end depth chart currently is Fred Davis. Now we all know how much of a weapon Fred is when he's running routes. But his run blocking has always been suspect. There were reports that he had been working on his run blocking in the offseason, so I went back and watched over the run plays when it was first team offense against first team defense. Unfortunately, the results weren't great for the Redskins

(LOTS of info at that link)

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:37 AM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Trent Williams says he thinks he is going to play on Saturday night against Chicago. Says he is currently operating at 80%. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:37 AM ----------

Mike Shanahan hopes his starters go about 30 to 35 plays. Says that should equate to about a half. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Mike Shanahan very happy with what Hightower was able to do. Also says "we know who our starters are."

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says RB's Alfred Morris, Evan Royster and Tristan Davis are likely to take snaps vs. Bears: "Hard to go more than about 3 guys."

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:39 AM ----------

Mike Shanahan: Evan Royster is "better" this year that last. Says he's improved his pass protection. #Redskins

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:40 AM ----------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says he's seen tremendous strides from Helu Jr. and Royster this year, expects the same from Morris in rookie campaign.

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

Mike Shanahan: Markus White fractured his rib and bruised his kidney. Won't play this weekend. Could play next week. #Redskins

ESPN 980 ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Shanahan says Trent Williams and Maurice Hurt should be able to go, Chris Chester sounds unlikely. #Redskins

Redskins

Shanahan says starting O-Line will be game time decision. Williams, Chester and Hurt all practiced today, none are 100%

Paulsen

Mike Shanahan: Markus White fractured his rib and bruised his kidney. Won't play this weekend. Could play next week. #Redskins

Redskins

Shanahan says OLB Markus White was diagnosed with a cracked rib and bruised kidney. Will not play Saturday, no timeline.

Campbell

Shanahan: LT Trent Williams and LG Mo Hurt likely will play vs Sat. RG Chris Chester unlikely. OLB Markus White is out with a broken rib.

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 01:46 PM ----------

Campbell

Shanahan would not say who will play QB after Griffin. #Redskins

redskinsbuzztap

Redskins Confidential >> Redskins email report: Morris’ lessons learned buzztap.com/-72c9Bv

Redskins

Shanahan says weight loss plan for Baker was specific to him, not a general policy. "I'd take a 500 lb nose tackle if he can move."

Redskins

Shanahan confirms that Darius Hanks had a serious injury that required shoulder, elbow, sternum, clavicle surgery. 6-7 month recovery.

Redskins

Shanahan says secondary coach Raheem Morris has been a great asset as a former HC: "He'll get another opportunity someday and he should."

Fox Sports: Redskins going max protect on Griffin

“He doesn’t have to worry about making a mistake,” Lichtensteiger told FOXSports.com. “He can be aggressive. He won’t have it in the back of his mind that one mistake will get him pulled. Not saying that was the case last year, but there was a certain element of that. I think knowing you have the confidence of the coach and your teammates means a lot.”

Added Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo: “You kind of got rid of the riffraff. Robert is our guy. There is no back-and-forth stuff. We are going to go with him. He’s going to be a great leader.”

[...]“He wants to learn and he has the ability to do so,” Redskins fullback Darrel Young told FOXSports.com. “You set yourself up for success. He’s a great character guy, and he does his homework. Guys appreciate that. He’s got the foundation. Sure, people say he’s a rookie, but he’s not a rookie to us anymore. He’s a veteran and has to think like that. He’s the one calling the shots.”

That didn’t mean Griffin got a pass on rookie hazing rituals. Orakpo wouldn’t say what exactly those were, but it often involves female clothing and other means of embarrassment.

“He accepted it,” Orakpo said. “It’s a humbling experience. They all have to do it.”

Griffin’s arrival has also induced a sort of amnesia at Redskins Park.

“Nobody is talking about the five wins we had last year,” Young said. “I haven’t heard that once. The focus now is on how good we can be and how good we will be.”

[...]“Not personality wise, but when he throws a pass he does something with his hands,” Redskins tight end Niles Paul said when FOXSports.com asked to levy some criticism of Griffin. “He always does some little, twitchy thing afterwards on every throw. It’s funny. Every time we see it on film, we start laughing.”

SkinsFanInGermany ‏@SkinsFanInTN

@Redskins: Shanahan confirms that Darius Hanks had a serious injury that required shoulder, elbow, sternum, clavicle surgery>Hit by a bus???

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 10:54 AM ----------

Redskins Watch ‏@RedskinsWatch

Anthony Armstrong wants to make it difficult for Redskins to cut him http://sns.mx/YBhCy3

Redskins

Paulsen

Redskins

Shanahan says OLB Markus White was diagnosed with a cracked rib and bruised kidney. Will not play Saturday, no timeline.

I hate to make lite of this, but Chris Wilson needs to step up BIG this weekend and continue to play well. I heard Kehl played a little OLB yesterday as well.

what ever this means?

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Jammal Brown was in locker room. "I can't talk," he said. Would you like to? "It don't matter if I can't chat."

Interesting. I was a huge fan of the trade... but haven't been a huge fan of his at all as a player. I wouldn't be upset to see him leave...

I hate to make lite of this, but Chris Wilson needs to step up BIG this weekend and continue to play well. I heard Kehl played a little OLB yesterday as well.

Seems like Kehl has made some big plays as well. Its not first team or anything but i kept saying to myself where in the world is this guy coming from. Yes Wilson needs to step up, but Kehl has been surprising a little if you know what I mean. Someones go to step up with Whie gone

RedskinsFanZone ‏@RedskinsFanZone

#TwitNewsNow Washington Redskins Are Right to Use Baylor Offense to Help Robert Griffin III http://dlvr.it/214RdX

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 11:15 AM ----------

Brian Patrick ‏@ChicagoFanatics

#Bears Pleased To Meet You: Preseason Week Two: Washington Redskins http://sbn.to/NIbRhc

Rich Tandler

‏@Rich_Tandler

I doubt it. RT @skins212689: do u think skins will try for Demps

Chris Russell

‏@Russellmania980

Can't resist this! MT @dcsportsbog: @RGIII does an 11-minute interview about pro wrestling, with @AdamCarriker94 http://wapo.st/N6wuQg

---------- Post added August-16th-2012 at 02:17 PM ----------

Tarik El-Bashir

‏@TarikElBashir

There was a Jammal Brown sighting in the locker room at #Redskins Park. Declined to comment on hip or anything else, really.

Archived