Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

July 21 1987: Guns N' Roses 'Appetite For Destruction' released

Switchgear

The album of my teen years. Pretty much everything else they did sucked, but this album... what can be said that hasn't already?

I thought about posting links to individual videos, but instead here's their February 88 show at the Ritz, with the majority of the album (fairly NSFW):

Setlist:

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Out Ta Get Me (Slash crowd surfs around 12:00, struggles to play the last third of the song but is kills it anyway)

Sweet Child O' Mine

My Michelle

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Chick goes nuts at the end, hauled away by security)

Welcome To The Jungle

Nightrain

Paradise City (Axl is dumb enough to jump into the crowd, is barely pulled back out by security, loses his shirt, swings at a fan, and finishes the song like a badass)

Mama Kin

Rocket Queen

Some of the songs on Use Your Illusion I and II were from the Appetite Era, it's obvious which ones were..."You Could Be Mine" comes to mind immediately. Has that raw energy and that Appetite had.

Appetite is still an amazing album, still great to listen to. Young, hungry band hell bent on kicking ass...it shines through.

Stellar album. I had the good fortune of seeing them in support of this @ the Long Beach Arena (CA). They weren't even the headliner yet because the album hadn't gotten huge yet. The Cult were the headliners and GNR were great because Axl wasn't yet the head case he'd later become. Yeah. Still an amazing album.

Archived