Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which of these remakes is the best?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It would come down to Black Magic Woman or Higher Ground for me. Since we're starting to mention other songs, I consider the best cover, in terms of improvement over the original song, to be Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers. The original version of that song isn't very good, in my opinion. The worst cover I can think of off the top of my head is Jose Feliciano's version of Light my Fire, or Tiffany's version of "I think we're Alone Now."

I voted for Black Magic Woman. Should have included Van Halen's You Really Got Me. That song in combo with Eruption changed the way guitar is looked at forever.

I don't even think Darling Nikki is the Foo's best cover. Their version of Baker Street is incredible.

I think almost anyone who covered Bob Dylan did it better :evil: Great song writer, but how he made it on stage himself is a mystery.

Curious which version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" is the best. That's got to be one of the more covered songs.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 06:17 AM ----------

or Tiffany's version of "I think we're Alone Now."

For me, the worst was also Tiffany... or maybe it was Debbie Gibson, anyway, one of them made a remake of "I can't get no satisfaction" that was unbelieveably painful and cheesey. I think I only heard it once, but it still haunts me.

I'd go Black Magic Woman for #1, . Don't really care about the rest either way.

I'd have to agree. I loved Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green, but Santana's version was better. After that I don't care. Except GFRR butchered Locomotion IMO

Archived