Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo/AP: Tough ID laws could block thousands of 2012 votes

Larry

So it is somewhere between 100,000 and a million in one state.

What's that mean nationally? 5 million? 10 million?

It's a lot of goddamn people. That's the point.

No.  If you can't tell me the exact number, then I am free to assume that it is zero.

After all, I have a photo ID.   I can assume everyone else does too.   Well, everyone that matters, anyway.

Do you agree that only US Citizens should be allowed to vote?

Yes.  we have a law right now that puts non citizens in jail if they vote.  I have no problem with that law.

(by the way, does your photo ID say whether you are a citizen or not?  My driver's license sure doesn't) 

I'll entertain that concept.  Once it is done and all the federal IDs have been issues, come back to me with the voter ID laws and I will happily jump aboard.  

But that's not what this thread is about.  

You gotta give to get.  Pass a law for Voter ID that includes a program to insure ID assistance and it can be done. 

It's not what the Left will entertain anymore.  I believe this next election is going to change that and it is what it is.   Why do you insist on proposing this idea, which you know won't fly?   Does that seem productive to you?  Agreement would be better.  Something jointly accepted.

I ask you again, do you believe that only Citizens should be able to vote or do you believe that everybody, legal or otherwise, should be allowed to vote?

1. I'm not Larry.

2. What the hell is board closer?

Sorry, you are correct, I was confused.  Had I realized I was addressing you, well, we would not be conversing at all.  You have my apologies.

You gotta give to get.  Pass a law for Voter ID that includes a program to insure ID assistance and it can be done. 

I don't have to do a goddamn thing. I don't want a national ID. I'll agree to one if you propose it, but it's not on my Hot 100.

I ask you again, do you believe that only Citizens should be able to vote or do you believe that everybody, legal or otherwise, should be allowed to vote?

Why do you keep asking this question, Rain Man?

But no answer.  Is it about insuring old, poor, young and whomever else can vote who are legally allowed to vote or is it not?

Is it about disenfranchising them, and then claiming that it's the other Party's job to prevent the disenfranchisement we already legislated from working or is it not? 

Yes.  we have a law right now that puts non citizens in jail if they vote.  I have no problem with that law.

(by the way, does your photo ID say whether you are a citizen or not?  My driver's license sure doesn't) 

That's correct, it doesn't, which makes me wonder why you fight this idea?  

You keep asking this question like it has any bearing on the discussion we are actually having.   We all agree non citizens should not vote.  

It's just not worth it.  Have a good day.  Continue to believe what you want to believe. 

No one is fighting this idea.   You are talking to yourself.

I don't have to do a goddamn thing. I don't want a national ID. I'll agree to one if you propose it, but it's not on my Hot 100.

That's true, you don't have to do anything.  Until the Law is passed I suppose.   Even then, you don't have to do anything right..........

Why are you willing to disenfranchise ten million people in order to stop ten cases of voter fraud?

Why are you racist?

Why do you hate poor people?

(I'm going to ask these last two questions fifteen times going forward. That should be fun and not annoying at all).

You keep asking this question like it has any bearing on the discussion we are actually having.   We all agree non citizens should not vote.  

It's just not worth it.  Have a good day.  Continue to believe what you want to believe. 

No one is fighting this idea.   You are talking to yourself.

Any you keep avoiding the answer.   You know, as well as I do, that it has everything to do with the topic.

If you really weren't fighting this, then you would not say, pass the ID program and then we will think about the Voter ID law.   That day is never going to come unless the two are passed into law together and you no this Predicto, yet, it is I who get labled.  

Why do you keep asking this question, Rain Man?

Because he believes that millions of illegals are voting, (he has no evidence that this is actually happening, but he just knows it), and therefore disenfranchising millions of US citizens (which he's been given evidence will happen, but he just knows that it won't) is justified.

Why are you willing to disenfranchise ten million people in order to stop ten cases of voter fraud?

Why are you racist?

Why do you hate poor people?

(I'm going to ask these last two questions fifteen times going forward. That should be fun and not annoying at all).

Thats not going to fly any longer Lkb.  Avoiding issues are making accusations on racism is simply not going to work anymore.   Get your money's worth while you can.

Because he believes that millions of illegals are voting, (he has no evidence that this is actually happening, but he just knows it), and therefore disenfranchising millions of US citizens (which he's been given evidence will happen, but he just knows that it won't) is justified.

I don't honestly know what the number is.  It could be millions or it could be less but I'm pretty sure that as time goes on, the number of Illegals will increase and eventually, that number will be in the millions, if it is not already. 

Thats not going to fly any longer Lkb.  Avoiding issues are making accusations on racism is simply not going to work anymore.   Get your money's worth while you can.

As immune to irony, sarcasm and satire as ever.

(hint - LKB wasn't actually calling you a racist.  he was making fun of your terrible argument by turning it back on you using a similar arguing approach to the one you were using.   It's a very common debating tactic.)

good lord 

You are avoiding the question, sir.

Why are you opposed to poor black people voting?

Not at all.   I am not apposed to Poor People voting.  Black People voting or any combination of the above.   I am opposed to people who, according to Law, have no right to vote, voting.

A very subtle, but important distinction, I think.

As immune to irony, sarcasm and satire as ever.

(hint - LKB wasn't actually calling you a racist.  he was making fun of your terrible argument by turning it back on you using a similar arguing approach to the one you were using.   It's a very common debating tactic.)

good lord

Wrap it up any way you like but I've been around Lkb long enough to know what he's telling me, regardless of how it's wrapped up.  

On a side note, I had no idea you were a religious person Predicto.   Good for you. 

You know, as well as I do, that it has everything to do with the topic.

No. It doesn't.

(In fact, Predicto just showed you a reason why it doesn't: Your photo ID does not say that you're a citizen.)

You know what? I can ask you 30 times if the sky is blue. But the answer will have no relationship at all as to the question of whether suppressing the votes of millions of US citizens, the vast majority of which vote for one political party, sold as a solution to a problem which doesn't exist in the first place, is a moral action.

No. It doesn't.

(In fact, Predicto just showed you a reason why it doesn't: Your photo ID does not say that you're a citizen.)

You know what? I can ask you 30 times if the sky is blue. But the answer will have no relationship at all as to the question of whether suppressing the votes of millions of US citizens, the vast majority of which vote for one political party, sold as a solution to a problem which doesn't exist in the first place, is a moral action.

So what you are saying is that you would rather the prevision of ID be more difficult?

See: you are wrong.

I don't think you are racist. I just think you aren't very bright.

Everybody has an opinion..........

Archived