Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EURO 2012 - Spain are the kings of Europe

renaissance

I do agree with you about Platini being a lousy UEFA president, but you might also consider Just Fontaine as a strong candidate for best performance in an international competition. He scored 13 goals in 6 games during WC 1958, the record still stands while the number of WC games is higher.

Wow, that's impressive. Well, it's top 5 definitely. 9 goals in 5 games which is more than any player in history has scored in EURO's period over multiple tournaments with more games now.

Wow, that's impressive. Well, it's top 5 definitely. 9 goals in 5 games which is more than any player in history has scored in EURO's period over multiple tournaments with more games now.

The Brazilian '70 midfield and the '78 Liverpool midfield are probably the only two collective groups that you'd put on the same level as the early- mid '80's French midfield quartet of Platini, Girres, Fernandez and Tigana. Wonderful, wonderful side that, like the '70's Dutch teams, was a crying shame they never won the World Cup. Outside of Maradona in '86, I can't remember one man taking full hold of a tournament the way Platini did in the summer of '84. (Maybe Baggio single handedly taking Italy the final in the US in '94. But he didn't dominate the tournament to the extent those two did.).

Sadly, he's now a horrible, devious lil' rat. But as a player he stands parallel with most anyone.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Nah he's finally cleaned up and is looking quite normal now.

Nice finish by Russia there.

Lol. Can't imagine Lalas without the goatee. I'll have to google him.

The way the Czechs are all over the place every time the Russians attack, this could end up a well lopsided score.

Hail.

*Edit* ANOTHER bad miss from the Russians. How the Czechs are still in this is beyond me. Russia should be out of sight already.

So I turn over at the conclusion of the tennis to see an absolutely comical Greek goal.

What in the heck the Polish keeper was doing only he knows.

Hail.

If u think the Hellas goal was communal then u should watch all the free cards and bull sh!! Calls the red has given Poland. 1st card on Sokratis wasn't even close!!! Nothin not even an elbow!!! 2nd was bs!!! Guy just flopped!!!!

And yes even with a guy down and a goal down I would thinke ref would stop there!! Oh he'll no!!! Ninis beats 2 polish players n crosses it n and it hits a polish defender and then he uses his hand!!!!!! In the penalty box!!! No call from the ref!!! Again 0-3 Hellas vs refs.

Then a sub and totally diff game and who said Hellas r defensive??? Many have in his board ahhaah. Sad how a fellow Hellenic-American called it as I did! Fortunis good kriyakos good! Our goal keeper stinks!!! And yes karagouni missed the Pk that's o-3 In a row I wasn't surprised missed 2 vs Armenia. Thanks ref!!!! U ruined a good game !!! Ftou sou re malaka!!

Whilst your mentioning all the bad decisions against the Greeks Kostas, don't forget to mention that the Polish 'keeper should never of been sent off. A definite penalty no question, but the Greek player he brought down was going away from goal. B/S sending off. That was a booking at worst.

So as bad as the officiating was, you certainly reaped your own share of benefits from it.

Hail.

I tend to agree Elessar. As poor as the Czech defending was, both second half goals more or less went straight through Cech. Real poor 'keeping from anyone, let alone someone of his stature.

Cech's been on the wain ever since his injury, through no fault of his own. Only natural he'd have doubts after suffering a head injury like that. He's still a very good 'keeper, but not at the same level he was before the incident at Reading. Come to that, with Reina having a very questionable season last year, the only real consistently top class 'keeper in the Premiership was Joe Hart.

Everyone else was much of muchness, with an honarable mention for Michel Vorn of Swansea who had an excellent year.

Hail.

Archived