Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Kentucky Bourbon Trail

HOF44

I have been wanting to do this trail for awhile. I think one of my bourbon drinking buddies and I are going to head down there this fall. We are going to hit most of the spots at this link adding the Buffalo Trace distillery in Frankfort. Not sure how that was left off.

Has anyone been to these distilleries or ever taken the trail???

Nice little trip. There was a feature on TV the other night about the exporting value of Bourbon and that is it is really taking off. Premium Bourbon is starting to sell around the world.

Have you had some of the premiums they are putting out now?? I used to hate bourbon, now it's my favorite spirit. If you, or any of my fellow bourbon lovers ever make it out to an ES event at the stadium, I usually have some George T. Stagg, Weller, Eagle Rare 17, as my staples and then an extra one or two I've come accross. Stop by for a try, but if you want it mixed with something FORGET IT!! Lol, these are only served straight up or on the rocks.

Have you had some of the premiums they are putting out now?? I used to hate bourbon, now it's my favorite spirit. If you, or any of my fellow bourbon lovers ever make it out to an ES event at the stadium, I usually have some George T. Stagg, Weller, Eagle Rare 17, as my staples and then an extra one or two I've come accross. Stop by for a try, but if you want it mixed with something FORGET IT!! Lol, these are only served straight up or on the rocks.

Never do I drink them any way other than straight up and usually with a cigar. I have had the Stagg and want to try the Weller. I like generally MM, JD single barrel, Blantons as main line bourbons. I will start seeking at out some others though as a store near Total Wine has an extensive collection. I liked to try Bookers Noe, Buffalo Trace and Jeffersons small batch.

And this one.....49. bucks for a .750....

Angel's Envy

750ml 119541750

In-Store Location: Aisle 06, Left

93 Whiskey AdvocateWhiskey Advocate - Kentucky, USA- "Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey finished in a port pipe. This is veteran master distiller Lincoln Henderson's newest creation, and it's a beauty. Richly textured, silky, and well-rounded, with ripe berried fruits, candied tangerine, light toffee, maple syrup...

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/categories/spirits/bourbon-american-whiskey

I just reviewed the angels envy in whisky thread here on ES. Damn smooth. I call it my starter bourbon. I give it to people that have only had Beam/Jack to get them into bourbon. One of the smoothest bourbons I've had.

And if you get the Weller get the 2011 Antique Collection version. Probably the best bourbon bar none I have ever tasted. It's really hard to come by though.

I have been wanting to do this trail for awhile. I think one of my bourbon drinking buddies and I are going to head down there this fall. We are going to hit most of the spots at this link adding the Buffalo Trace distillery in Frankfort. Not sure how that was left off.

Has anyone been to these distilleries or ever taken the trail???

Check this one out too.

http://www.1792bourbon.com/

You'll enjoy the tours, a member of my church went on them all last year and loved them, his grandfather was a bootlegger so for him it was a bit of a family heritage tour as well. Come to Kentucky in September or October, you'll love it.

I just reviewed the angels envy in whisky thread here on ES. Damn smooth. I call it my starter bourbon. I give it to people that have only had Beam/Jack to get them into bourbon. One of the smoothest bourbons I've had.

And if you get the Weller get the 2011 Antique Collection version. Probably the best bourbon bar none I have ever tasted. It's really hard to come by though.

I think I will get that Angels this week because it is available here locally.

Was perusing that site I linked to for TW and came across this gem....

Jefferson's Presidential Select 17/18 750ml

United States, Bourbon/American Whiskey, Small Batch Bourbon Kentucky, USA - Small batch wheated bourbon from the reserve of Stitzel-Weller Distilling Company, whose doors are now closed. Boasts a huge body with big vanilla, citrus, subtle caramel and …More info

$87.99

Was perusing that site I linked to for TW and came across this gem....

Jefferson's Presidential Select 17/18

I have about 4 bottles of that bunkerd, because when it's gone, it's gone. One 17 year old and 3 18 year old. It's a excellent bourbon also, though just a notch below Stagg/Weller/ER17, but I like it better than Pappy 20.

Check these out....from that same link or well here.....http://www.totalwine.com/eng/product/whisky-stones/110690920

Whisky Stones

gift 110690920

In-Store Location: See Team Member Ideal for chilling your favorite spirit without diluting its flavor. Just add three chilled stones to your next dram, let stand for five minutes and enjoy. Set includes nine Vermont soapstones and a muslin storage bag. After use, wash stones in water and put back in freezer.

Check these out....from that same link or well here.....http://www.totalwine.com/eng/product/whisky-stones/110690920

Whisky Stones

gift 110690920

In-Store Location: See Team Member Ideal for chilling your favorite spirit without diluting its flavor. Just add three chilled stones to your next dram, let stand for five minutes and enjoy. Set includes nine Vermont soapstones and a muslin storage bag. After use, wash stones in water and put back in freezer.

I generally make distilled water cubes for drinking. I like to taste it closed with no water, but also when the distilled cubes melt just a little that gives the bourbon the best flavor for me. I can taste things I can't when I drink it straight.

Never do I drink them any way other than straight up and usually with a cigar. I have had the Stagg and want to try the Weller. I like generally MM, JD single barrel, Blantons as main line bourbons. I will start seeking at out some others though as a store near Total Wine has an extensive collection. I liked to try Bookers Noe, Buffalo Trace and Jeffersons small batch.

They go well cut with with Fresca or Tab served room temp in a coffee mug too.

They go well cut with with Fresca or Tab served room temp in a coffee mug too.

87582072.gif

---------- Post added April-23rd-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

The Stagg you let me try put a Russian-ninja beat down on me. I was nursing the hell out of it, still whooped my ass. It was damn good though.

Gotta be careful with it, it's very smooth for a 140+ spirit, it can and will sneak up on you. Watch the review at this

bad ass woman. :ols:

Archived