Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Washington's transformed offense (Insider article)

MattFancy

The big deal to me is not that they've done such a good job so far, it's that they continually do a good job at these tasks. Not only will this be a winning team by Shanny's 5th year as he has implied, but eacha nd every year they will get better and better and better, and STAY good. You gotta have guys who know how to rotate the tires. That's the best thing to me. This is a rebuild, but I believe it will become a dynasty again. PSYCHED.

Absolutely. Logic dictates that this year should be strictly a development year for RGiiI. However, rothelisburger in Pittsburg and dalton last year in Cincinatti,,, it can certainly be done.

We are entering year three of the ZBS... Traditionally the year that ZBS teams get it. We've got a decent backfield, a relatively good defense,,, I don't know, next year could swing a lot of different ways.

One thing that I really like... We have a young team, and most importantly, a young team at all the key positions, QB, LT, WR, RB, and pass rush OLB

It is very realistic to think this band will be together another four years at least while other pieces are added, love just thinking about it

Dalton is who we should be comparing RG3 to anyway.

You ever get bored and just start drawing stuff in MS Paint?

I started drawing formations to get all this weapons on the field at the same time.

packersetish-1.png

nobacks.png

twotightendsets.png

No idea if these formations are actual viable, but if I were Kyle right now, I'd be going nuts with all the possibilities.

(We actually showed the last formation in a couple games this season, before Cooley got hurt.)

Dare we dream of some serious YAC or even a deep TD scattered in here and there?

We should. We also should dream of some serious yards for Helu and Royster because last year the opponents dared us to throw. They will not be able to not drop back some safeties in coverage now however if RGIII shows the deep ball accuracy he showed in college. This is going to be fun.

Allot of what has made this offense "vanilla" has been the QB's inability to correctly read the defense and make the more complicated throws. Neither McNabb, Grossman or Beck were able to do so at a consistent level. Whether the next QB is RG3 or Luck, that should not even be a concern once they learn the offense.

Come on football season....I don't even expect much out of the first year, it's a rookie. That being said I can't say I'd be completely shocked if RG3 came in and we had a 3 or 4 win improvement over last year. I get into a lot of arguments with fans around the NFC east that sit there and just say its redskins fans mentality to get excited when we get shiny new toys.

I then ask them when the last quarterback the redskins had that instilled the slightest fear in anybody. and we still were competitive a couple of those years. Nobodys wrong for being a little excited

Kurt Warner would have something to say about that.. ;)

sorry but he does not count.....practice squad of Green Bay in 94 and played in the AFL before being signed by the Rams in 98 the year before he won the Super Bowl. Either way I'm talking rookie in all senses of the word....both professional rookie and NFL rookie.

sorry but he does not count.....practice squad of Green Bay in 94 and played in the AFL before being signed by the Rams in 98 the year before he won the Super Bowl. Either way I'm talking rookie in all senses of the word....botih professional rookie and NFL rookie.

Yeah, I gotcha man - just splitting hairs. Big Ben is the rookie QB most people look at as being successful early in the mold your talking about(Young, 1st rounder, potential franchise QB).

Yeah, I gotcha man - just splitting hairs. Big Ben is the rookie QB most people look at as being successful early in the mold your talking about(Young, 1st rounder, potential franchise QB).

yeah, I really think RG3 may surprise everyone by leading this team to the playoffs. I mean heck, if we hadn't ditched Rex after 4 games to see if Beck was worth it, I think we would have still had a shot at the playoffs or NFC East title even with all the injuries and mediocre wideout play. Exchange Rex for RGIII and add in the WRs we got, and i really think its not out of the question that we go 10-6 this year.

Come on football season....I don't even expect much out of the first year, it's a rookie. That being said I can't say I'd be completely shocked if RG3 came in and we had a 3 or 4 win improvement over last year. I get into a lot of arguments with fans around the NFC east that sit there and just say its redskins fans mentality to get excited when we get shiny new toys.

I then ask them when the last quarterback the redskins had that instilled the slightest fear in anybody. and we still were competitive a couple of those years. Nobodys wrong for being a little excited

I believe that this team will be MUCH better with RGIII (or the QB we take in the draft!?!?!?). BUT... this is a process. Just getting him on the roster is a MAJOR improvement. All fans, especially the ES faithful, need to be patient. His first year or 2 will be tough, and we may have loosing seasons. But, the silver lining is that this team cannot help but get good soon.

PATIENCE IS THE KEY!

As good as our defense has been as of late, we do not need a offense that can win a shootout. We need an offeense that can score 27-30 points a game... Believe it or not we have a playoff caliber defense, with any resemblance of an offense we can go far. RG3 is a playmaker, Garcon is a playmaker, insert those two alone into our offense from last year and we are already a good team.

One thing that I am liking is see articles about our "offense". I mean, it's been 20 years since the media has been excited about our offense.

My excitement has been tempered because I know we still have to climb out of a 5-11 hole. Carolina went 2-14 and they improved to 6-10 in one season. I'd take a 4 game improvement to 9-7 this year or maybe squeek out a 10-6.

But the best thing that will happen with this team this year won't be by how many games we win. It will be about how exciting the team will be to WATCH. Loads of young talent that could result in some explosive, if not improbable plays. Griffin could escape the rush and unload a bomb to Garcon who was left open by the safety who thought the line had a sack. Watching Kerrigan and Orakpo coming off the edge, while Jenkins manhandles the guard and the QB has no where to go. Exciting to watch is what it will be.

Archived