Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Andre Carter addresses his hit on Peyton Manning, playing for Gregg Williams and bounties in Washington

themurf

I'm skeptical of these "anonymous" players, so take that with a grain of salt.

Goodell made a point that the Saints lied and miseld the NFL on several ocasions, hence why they came down hard on NO. We were never under investigation nor did we lie (to my knowledge) to the NFL.

We are going to get away from this despite the efforts of the WaPO and 106.7 to punish the Redskins.

Praying here that all of this doesnt cost us the RG3 trade. I listened to Lavar talk about this for like 45 mns yesterday and it was like Lavar felt we deserved to be penalized for this bounty stuff. If they took our second round pick would that void the trade?

That would make Lavar's day wouldn't it? Pure hatred from that asshat.

Praying here that all of this doesnt cost us the RG3 trade. I listened to Lavar talk about this for like 45 mns yesterday and it was like Lavar felt we deserved to be penalized for this bounty stuff. If they took our second round pick would that void the trade?

They can have our 2nd round pick......

because the Rams have it. Take it away from the Rams. Haha.

How come Ex Redskins players always want to run their mouths about things that shouldent be talked about

I'm afraid the reality is that all the typical talk of "loyalty" from fans to players on their team, and from players to a team or its fans, is far more a matter of "what have you done for me lately" than any transcendent bond based on loftier notions. It's much like any other romantic relationship. After a breakup, things can easily head in the other direction.

I would think the recent news just makes it worse for GW. Since he is suspended indefinitely, this doesn't help his cause.

I don't think the league will do anything to the Skins since it doesn't seem like Gibbs or Snyder knew about this. Unlike the NO situation where everyone knew, but just let it keep going and lied to the league.

I would think the recent news just makes it worse for GW. Since he is suspended indefinitely, this doesn't help his cause.

I don't think the league will do anything to the Skins since it doesn't seem like Gibbs or Snyder knew about this. Unlike the NO situation where everyone knew, but just let it keep going and lied to the league.

I hope you are right . . .

I hope you are right . . .

Goodell stressed that the Saints lied to the league. They were warned about it, but did nothing to stop it. If Gibbs, Snyder, Vinny, etc. didn't know of it, then I think we're okay. Again, its all just a guess, but I don't think we'll see anything.

The thing that worries me is Goodell's cavalier attitude and his apparent grudge against us. I have a hard time thinking a story like this one will just go away. Not to be an alarmist, but I have a bad feeling that this thing about Brad Johnson could really come back to haunt us . . .

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

Any theories on the unnamed sources? My money is on Lavar Arrington or maybe Carlos Rogers.

The thing that worries me is Goodell's cavalier attitude and his apparent grudge against us. I have a hard time thinking a story like this one will just go away. Not to be an alarmist, but I have a bad feeling that this thing about Brad Johnson could really come back to haunt us . . .

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

Any theories on the unnamed sources? My money is on Lavar Arrington or maybe Carlos Rogers.

Matt Bowen

How far can they go back? I mean can they fine the Giants for LT breaking Theismann's leg if they find that there was a bounty on him too?

What a ****ing joke. 2006 was over 1/2 a decade ago and NOBODY from back then is coaching the Redskins anymore.

[/color]Any theories on the unnamed sources? My money is on Lavar Arrington or maybe Carlos Rogers.

I'm think Los and maybe Marcus Washington (wasn't he disgruntled when he left). It was probably one of the old vet DLineman though.

Interesting is not the right word. **** is the right word.

Definitely don't like the sound of it. But what can happen? Williams hasn't been on staff now since what 2007?

I think big issue with the Saints was that they were warned by the league to stop and they didn't.

If anything, this just hurts Williams' reinstatement case, IMO. Shows that he's been doing this for a long time with different teams, coaches, owners, players, etc.

Definitely don't like the sound of it. But what can happen? Williams hasn't been on staff now since what 2007?

I think big issue with the Saints was that they were warned by the league to stop and they didn't.

If anything, this just hurts Williams' reinstatement case, IMO. Shows that he's been doing this for a long time with different teams, coaches, owners, players, etc.

There is no one left on our staff that could be punished but I have a growing suspicion that the organization can still be punished by being stripped of a mid-round draft pick. The Saints organization was given a heavy penalty (the two draft picks) because they participated in the bounty system and they lied. So for our less eggregious act I think they'd take a mid to late round pick from us. Just a hunch.

There is no one left on our staff that could be punished but I have a growing suspicion that the organization can still be punished by being stripped of a mid-round draft pick. The Saints organization was given a heavy penalty (the two draft picks) because they participated in the bounty system and they lied. So for our less eggregious act I think they'd take a mid to late round pick from us. Just a hunch.

Or maybe a small fine? But I don't see us losing a 1st, having anyone suspended, or having to pay $500k like the Saints.

Archived