Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Ricky Williams plans to retire

ACW

For reals this time?

No but seriously, one of the more interesting and tragic stories in sports. The guy had all the potential in the world to be one of the best power backs of all time and he let it slip from his fingers.

I wish him well in retirement.

Do you think he regrets anything? I'm not sure he does. He lived life how he wanted. I got a lot of respect for Ricky Williams.

Do you think he regrets anything? I'm not sure he does. He lived life how he wanted. I got a lot of respect for Ricky Williams.

This. While fans in Miami may have been disappointed that he walked away from the game, he was a man who was ultimately true to himself and did what he felt was right in his heart.

As for what could have been, I think he probably missed more time because of injury than being suspended.

I wish him the best in retirement!

Rick Williams has done a lot to start the conversation about mental health, depression, and anxiety for professional football players. In a world of giant physical freaks, we sort of forget that they are humans who suffer from many of the same problems we all do.

The ESPN 30 for 30 on him was absolutely fascinating.

This. While fans in Miami may have been disappointed that he walked away from the game, he was a man who was ultimately true to himself and did what he felt was right in his heart.

As for what could have been, I think he probably missed more time because of injury than being suspended.

He played all 16 games in his last four years.

For reals this time?

No but seriously, one of the more interesting and tragic stories in sports. The guy had all the potential in the world to be one of the best power backs of all time and he let it slip from his fingers.

I wish him well in retirement.

I see nothing tragic at all in his story. He seems to have overcome a lot of his mental health issues. He played forever at a pretty high (word play!) level. He seems happy. What else is there?

Archived