Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2012 NASCAR Thread

SC_RedskinsFan

And that's what's wrong with this "Danica-mania" by FOX. A former NASCAR champion and a guy who has been a chaser the last couple years and nobody even knew. Now, I know he's on a 2nd tier team this year because of his behavior, but he should get more coverage than her. And if Hendrick can supply him with some decent cars, I think he'll do alright this year. Maybe not a chaser, but he could compete in some races.

That same guy (Kurt) also told Dr. Jerry Punch to **** off last year, thus why his sorry ass is in a second tier team. If I was the media he would be black listed. He would get no air time, and that is what he deserves IMO

I kinda have 3 opinons on the 48 penalty

1st thoughts lead me to think this is the 3rd or 4th time this guy has been caught, and has obviously cheated before and not been caught which was revealed by the radio traffic telling Jimmie to wreck the back end of the car on the burnout. So I feel as if he is lucky to still have a job, in the real world its 3 strikes your out.

But then i learn toward Kenny Wallaces thoughts and this time that illegal car never saw a race, it was caught in inspection and fixed. So he never got the chance to cheat, and no unfair advantage was used. If this is not acceptable then why have inspection pre race.

Lastly no matter what in my opinion the 48 legacy is tainted. Just like someone who used PED's you always wonder when, and if what they accomplished is because of not playing within the rules. IMO we will never know how many championships are valid, and how many race wins are valid with the track record this team now has. Only way for Jimmie to resurect his legacy in my eyes is to win a title with out Chad.

I think six races is pretty light. They got six the last time. Progressive discipline is more than in order.

Though as Hdf referenced, maybe the fact that it never saw the track had something to do with it.

(Oh, and hello again, fellow racin' rednecks!) :cheers:

I think six races is pretty light. They got six the last time. Progressive discipline is more than in order.

Though as Hdf referenced, maybe the fact that it never saw the track had something to do with it.

Welcome back Brother!!!!

-23 points :ols:

I don't care that it never saw the track, they presented the car for inspection meaning they thought they could slip it by the inspection process, they intended to cheat and he should be punished progressively as you said H_H!

BTW welcome back you big trouble maker!

I don't care that it never saw the track, they presented the car for inspection meaning they thought they could slip it by the inspection process, they intended to cheat and he should be punished progressively as you said H_H!

I thought the old saying was, if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin :ols:

I thought the old saying was, if ya ain't cheatin ya ain't tryin :ols:

Well, those 48 boys sure "try" harder than anyone else in the business right now. Though Mikey Waltrip had to be pissed at all that wasted jet fuel!!

I know this is formula one and this is the nascar thread, but any racing fan will love this documentary/movie. This was Big E's favorite driver. A guy he looked up to. Senna

Quite possibly the greatest race car driver ever. Arguments can be made, the guy was that good. Passed like nobody else ever.

And that's what's wrong with this "Danica-mania" by FOX. A former NASCAR champion and a guy who has been a chaser the last couple years and nobody even knew. Now, I know he's on a 2nd tier team this year because of his behavior, but he should get more coverage than her. And if Hendrick can supply him with some decent cars, I think he'll do alright this year. Maybe not a chaser, but he could compete in some races.
Hendrick just supplies him chassis and engines (and technical support). The problem is, he only has about 18 people TOTAL in the organization he's driving for.

He will likely run good on the restrictor-plate tracks (when he's not getting wrecked, that is), and a handful of the 1.5 ones. Other than that, don't expect him to run great most weeks. I see him finishing around 15-17th in points. Which wouldn't be all that terrible, given the small team he's with.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 01:44 AM ----------

Wow. Sucks for JJ since he didn't even get 2 laps in
His car for the 500 was fine. He got the penalty for failing a pre-race inspection (either the Bud Shootout for twin qualifier race). It might very well have been the same car that failed inspection the first time around, though.

Personally, I think it's bull****. Like Kenny Wallace said on Trackside over a week ago, the car failed inspection prior to racing. They fixed it. So what's the problem? It's not like it failed a post-race inspection.

Nascar has been out to get him since the Talladega race last year. That's when Knaus came over the radio and told Johnson to mess up the rear end of the car if they won.

With that said, this isn't the first time they've done something like this. They've been caught cheating several times now. So, under that reasoning, I can see why the fine/suspension is warranted.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 01:52 AM ----------

I kinda have 3 opinons on the 48 penalty

1st thoughts lead me to think this is the 3rd or 4th time this guy has been caught, and has obviously cheated before and not been caught which was revealed by the radio traffic telling Jimmie to wreck the back end of the car on the burnout. So I feel as if he is lucky to still have a job, in the real world its 3 strikes your out.

But then i learn toward Kenny Wallaces thoughts and this time that illegal car never saw a race, it was caught in inspection and fixed. So he never got the chance to cheat, and no unfair advantage was used. If this is not acceptable then why have inspection pre race.

Lastly no matter what in my opinion the 48 legacy is tainted. Just like someone who used PED's you always wonder when, and if what they accomplished is because of not playing within the rules. IMO we will never know how many championships are valid, and how many race wins are valid with the track record this team now has. Only way for Jimmie to resurect his legacy in my eyes is to win a title with out Chad.

You're wrong about that last paragraph, imo. His legacy isn't in any way tainted. Reason being, there are pre-race AND post-race inspections. To my recollection, I don't think they've ever been hit with a post-race infraction. He wasn't cheating to win the 5 titles. It's a silly argument. So is the Patriots one.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 01:56 AM ----------

Rick Hendrick is gonna appeal it, if he hasn't already. He's on record as saying it's the same car that they used last year. If so, it makes you wonder how it can make it through inspection last year, and not this one. I tend to side with Hendrick here.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 01:59 AM ----------

:ols:

JPM will never live that down, when he is old in a nursing home people will still be watching the youtube video of is dumb ass crashing into a jet dryer!

JPM didn't do anything wrong there. If they broke the trailing arms on it, as I thought I heard someone say, then there was nothing he could do. He was just along for the ride. If anyone is to blame it's his dumbass crewmen for not spotting the error when he brought it in. There was obviously something wrong, yet they sent him back out. McMurray seemed to have a similar issue arise later in the race.

Rick Hendrick is gonna appeal it, if he hasn't already. He's on record as saying it's the same car that they used last year. If so, it makes you wonder how it can make it through inspection last year, and not this one. I tend to side with Hendrick here.

Saying it is the same car just means that it is the same rollcage etc, not that everything on the car is exactly the same, so it is a bit disengenuous for Rick to say it's the same car as if nothing has been touched when it is obvious that something did get changed. But it is like you said, this isn't the first time the #48 team has been caught cheating in failing either pre or post race inspections. I say throw the book at them, but the book is written in pencil so I don't expect a lot of consistency with enforcement of their baby boy.

That same guy (Kurt) also told Dr. Jerry Punch to **** off last year, thus why his sorry ass is in a second tier team. If I was the media he would be black listed. He would get no air time, and that is what he deserves IMO

I never said he deserved a ton of air time and I do understand that he is on a 2nd tier team as punishment, but there was zero information about him or other drivers. This isn't me lobbying for more Kurt air time, it's just the networks getting out of Danica's crotch and them focusing on other drivers. I know you hate Kurt, but that's irrelevant to what I was saying.

And he and Dr. Jerry Punch are fine. He apoligized and all you can do is move on. I mean Tony Stewart went through a period of being a hot head and he cooled off. Hell, he and Jeff Gordon were fist fighting every other race. Kurt isn't the first hot head and he won't be the last. As far as I know he hasn't gotten into a physical altercation with anybody (I could be wrong) but he gets blasted because of his mouth, yet other drivers run their mouth and even punch. Hell, a couple of years ago, Carl Edwards went after his own teamate (Kenseth?) and was ready to punch his lights out in Matinsville. Where's the hatred with that. Glass houses man, glass houses.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 08:18 AM ----------

Hendrick just supplies him chassis and engines (and technical support). The problem is, he only has about 18 people TOTAL in the organization he's driving for.

He will likely run good on the restrictor-plate tracks (when he's not getting wrecked, that is), and a handful of the 1.5 ones. Other than that, don't expect him to run great most weeks. I see him finishing around 15-17th in points. Which wouldn't be all that terrible, given the small team he's with.

Yeah, if he finishes in the top 20, I'd be ok with that. I realize it's a transition year and hopefully he'll behave himself and get a better ride next year. I think the main thing is for him to get his head on straight and have fun at the track. I watched the interview on Outside the Lines this past weekend with Marty Smith and Marty brought up an interesting thing at the end. When Kurt won one of his races, the sponsor called him up and told him he was "celebrating wrong". It would be interesting to know what Kurt did that the sponsor would deem it celebrating wrong. Marty said Kurt was speechless as to what to do.

the 48 has failed post reace inspection before. In fact, he failed a post race inspection after winning but NASCAR believed the claim that the rubbing on the track is what caused the failure. Chad Knaus is a well known cheater. He is so well known, that the second he retires NASCAR will hire him to a position in the competition area to oversee compliance. He will provide insight into what he used to do to break the rules. NASCAR always hires the best cheaters.

Penske to race Fords next year:

RIP Chrysler in Sprint Cup.

There hasn't been a Chrysler racing in NASCAR in twenty five years, but then again we haven't seen actual Fords, Chevys or Pontiacs racing in NASCAR in the last twenty years either. Didge just decided to no longer pay to put its sticker on a NASCAR anymore.

Saying it is the same car just means that it is the same rollcage etc, not that everything on the car is exactly the same, so it is a bit disengenuous for Rick to say it's the same car as if nothing has been touched when it is obvious that something did get changed. But it is like you said, this isn't the first time the #48 team has been caught cheating in failing either pre or post race inspections. I say throw the book at them, but the book is written in pencil so I don't expect a lot of consistency with enforcement of their baby boy.
I took Hendrick's comments to mean the C Post was the same on the car they used at the 2011 500 as the one that failed inspection. If so, he will easily win his appeal. As well he should.

And again, the failed inspection was prior to qualifying, so I don't really get why they got so steep of a penalty. Not a Johnson fan, but I don't think it's fair to give them all those fines and supensions in this instance. Yes, it failed inspection. BUT..it was an inspection prior to qualifying. They fixed it. So again, where's the problem?

And I don't recall them getting a post-race infraction, but I'm sure it's happened. You would have to fill me in on that. I know Knaus has won at least one appeal before.

I think Nascar needs to re-examine how they dole out penalties and fines and such. For instance, if you get busted in a pre-"race" inspection or post-race one, then sure, fine and suspend the hell out of 'em.

I took Hendrick's comments to mean the C Post was the same on the car they used at the 2011 500 as the one that failed inspection. If so, he will easily win his appeal. As well he should.

And again, the failed inspection was prior to qualifying, so I don't really get why they got so steep of a penalty. Not a Johnson fan, but I don't think it's fair to give them all those fines and supensions in this instance. Yes, it failed inspection. BUT..it was an inspection prior to qualifying. They fixed it. So again, where's the problem?

And I don't recall them getting a post-race infraction, but I'm sure it's happened. You would have to fill me in on that. I know Knaus has won at least one appeal before.

I think Nascar needs to re-examine how they dole out penalties and fines and such. For instance, if you get busted in a pre-"race" inspection or post-race one, then sure, fine and suspend the hell out of 'em.

I gotta agree with ya here, if it is pre race then they should not be hammered. It is a different story if he had raced with it.....

How about this, hey NASCAR open the rule book so we can all see! What a concept that would be!

Archived