Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm beginning to think we've been scammed...

OrangeSkin

I'd recommend contacting the police about it and see what they have to say. If the guys runs a business out of there, then you should probably talk to an attorney about possible cause of actions.

Bingo, selling cars without legally holding the title is illegal in the first place, and the police can run the vin to see the title status. This car may have been totaled and then rebuilt with a salvage title. But that has to be disclosed. There is a path and it should start with the police and the DMV.

The real scam in all of this is that you paid $3000 for a '98 Volvo. Did you even do any research before buying a car? KBB?...Anything? Doesn't sound like it to me. I can almost guarantee you that the guy selling that car never in a million years thought he'd get full price for it.
Why do you say that? I don't think we have enough information to make a judgement. When I look at KBB, depending on the model and condition $3000 might be a bit much but also could be an outstanding price for that car.

Why do you say that? I don't think we have enough information to make a judgement. When I look at KBB, depending on the model and condition $3000 might be a bit much but also could be an outstanding price for that car.

it was sold through an auction which seals the deal to me as a poor condition car

it was sold through an auction which seals the deal to me as a poor condition car

I've picked up a number of excellent older cars at auction, many times it is age being the driver

(trade ins the dealer simply figures the profit margin isnt worth the space)

Archived