Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Key Offseason Dates to Remember

santana_4_prez

Should I Become a Two Teamer?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Become a Two Teamer?

• Yes. Nothing wrong at all. You're over thinking this.
    • Heck No. A true fan only has one team. No debate needed.
    • I have no idea. To each his own. Good luck mate.

We need to make a correction Santana.

- Mar. 13, 2012, 4:00pm: Free Agency and Trading Period Opens

Just heard last night & this morning that DRAFT Trades can happen anytime AFTER 7:00 AM (ET) this morning Feb. 24th. This reported by Mort & Shefty.

Why?

Because today was the draft slot tiebreakers between Panthers & Dolphins for the #8 & #9 spot.

And the Chiefs & Seahawks for the #11th & #12th spot in the draft.

Now Free Agency is still set for Mar. 13th.

But as soon as the coin flips are done this morning between those 4 teams, the Colts can trade their #1 pick or select Andrew Luck if they wish. (of course they won't but still...)

Also reported from Shefty is multiple teams, have already contacted the Rams for the #2 pick. (didn't say whom of course)

And he said that the Rams are interested in trading the pick, but are not worried about the position they must trade down too. They're more concerned with the compensation they get, however.

I'm not sure about players though, but it could include them,as well. (Since they are trades & not FA signings)

Things are getting "HOT"!

(thought I would put this info here, rather than starting a new thread)

But you may or may not want to update your calender, buddy.

Redskins' offseason program to start April 16

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/02/redskins-offseason-program-to-start-april-16.html

- Apr. 16, 2012: Offseason program starts - coaches can meet with players and discuss football, but they can't do so on the field. This period will last about two weeks.

- Apr. 30, 2012: Coaches can work with players on the field, but only for 90 minutes a day.

- May 21, 2012: Four week span consisting of 10 OTAs and 3 minicamp days.

• 2 weeks later...
from OP Mar. 25 - 28' date=' 2012: Annual NFL Meetings - Palm Beach, Fla

I hope they don't come up with a new way to **** us over at this meeting, I think we have been messed with enough thank you.[/quote']

A couple things seem to always happen at these meetings:

1. Trades (lots of opportunities to meet and negotiate)

2. Many times they have announced some of the key primetime games, such as thanksgiving, opening day, etc. The full NFL schedule release is usually around the 2nd week of April.

Just looking at the away list again. I love it. It is going to be soo great! I'm gonna try and go to the Browns game, never been to Cleveland, and I feel like we will just absolutely crush them. Plus I will rock my RGIII (or Luck) jersey the whole time I am there.

NO will be interesting d/t bounty-gate and especially now that they have been castrated by the league I think our chances of winning there have gone up considerably.

STL will also be a fun one to pose RGIII/Luck against Bradford... definitely marking my calender for that one. They have given us a lot of trouble the last several years and I am just sick and tired of it.

Pitt and TB could go either way. I guess we have a better chance with TB. It will be nice to beat them since they outbid us on a couple players this FA. Pitt seems to be in the throws of a pretty big turnover similar to us, so I am going to be optimistically positive about our chances there.

Redskins have 7 picks in the NFL draft.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2012/03/redskins-have-seven-picks-in-draft.html

Redskins have seven picks in draft

The NFL has announced the full draft order. Here are the Redskins’ picks:

•Round 1, pick 2, 2nd overall

•Round 3, pick 6, 69th overall

•Round 4, pick 7, 102nd overall

•Round 4, pick 14 109th overall (from Oakland)

•Round 5, pick 6, 141st overall

•Round 6, pick 3, 173rd overall (from Minnesota)

•Round 7, pick 6 213th overall

Pretty sure it is 7pm on Thursday. Friday it is primetime again, and Saturday will be in the morning sometime.

Thanks, S4P. I will miss the first 2 days but we don't have alot of picks those days anyways. We know we will get RG3 and whoever for our 3rd round pick. I will get to see the other 5 picks on Saturday.:)

Archived