Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woke up to this in my ear...

HTTR F Dallas

LOL.... nice

I was gonna add a video about a woman who went to the doctor because she was suffering from awful headaches when they discovered a maggot inbedded in her scalp, but I couldn't find it. They actually had footage of them removing this monstrous thing out of her head after killing it by suffocation with petroleum jelly & a bandage. It was nasty.

I remember a thread on my Chevy Zr2 forum years ago (was titled "return of mothra" or something like that) about another member on there who came home one night, and while trying to get his front door unlocked, a moth that was flying around the front door light, flew into his ear and he ended up having to go to the ER to have the damn thing removed. He said the worst part was that he couldn't reach it because it was so far into his ear, that he just had to deal with the thing fluttering in his ear the entire time he drove to the ER and then of course the wonderful waiting period while there :twitch:

Had a tick problem about three years ago after having other dogs visit for a while and then could not get rid of the ticks, it was a nightmare. Sprayed and sprayed, treated the yard twice. Finally got rid of them, and yes during that time I was awakened by a tick in the ear more than once. It is difficult to describe the horror felt and just how many times that wrecked a night of sleep with just the slightest feeling that something was in my ear. NOT fun.

I've been to the doctor once in the last 10 years, and that was due to a deer tick leaving a nasty mark on my stomach. Figured it was better to get it checked out than just ignore it and hope I didn't get lyme disease.

I've found them in lots of interesting places, never had one in the ear though :shudder: . I think if that happened to me I'd sleep with earplugs for the rest of my life.

I've been to the doctor once in the last 10 years, and that was due to a deer tick leaving a nasty mark on my stomach. Figured it was better to get it checked out than just ignore it and hope I didn't get lyme disease.

I've found them in lots of interesting places, never had one in the ear though :shudder: . I think if that happened to me I'd sleep with earplugs for the rest of my life.

Just went through lyme disease a few months ago. Thank God I caught it early and am good to go now. Have a friend who just found out he's had it for a decade-plus. Has to get IV antibiotics. Looks like he's coming from a concentration camp these days.

I got some horrible tick stories. Not in the ear but worse. Use your imagination.

Just went through lyme disease a few months ago. Thank God I caught it early and am good to go now. Have a friend who just found out he's had it for a decade-plus. Has to get IV antibiotics. Looks like he's coming from a concentration camp these days.

I got some horrible tick stories. Not in the ear but worse. Use your imagination.

He had it for over a decade? How did he not know?

My tick story happened when I was around 12 years old with some friends. We were playing war in the woods. My friend and I climbed a tree to keep a look out. We were up in the tree for like 30 minutes or more. After the game was over, we went to my friend's yard. Somebody pointed at my clothes and said "You have ticks!" I saw a few ticks crawling on the outside of my pants and shirt. Then I looked at my friend who was up in the tree with me. I said "You have ticks too!" So we started to freak out. We took our shirts and pants off and I we had ticks crawling all over us, all on our underwear and everything. It was kind of like the leech scene from Stand By Me lol. We must've been in a nest of ticks when climbing that tree.

After I found the tick, I ran downstairs to try and find some earmuffs or something... I couldn't find any, so I think I ended up sleeping with a shirt tied around my head... i'm sure my wife though I was crazy when she woke up...

I was hunting in Brandywine MD, had to crawl through a thicket looking for a deer I had shot with my bow. Got home and showered, while standing in front of the mirror I noticed what looked like specks of dirt in creases on the inside of my arm, I scraped one with a nail and it wouldn't come off, looked closer and the little ****er had legs! Checked the other arm, they were there too, EVERY WHERE!

I yelled for my wife and she came and looked me over, I was literally covered with little tiny ticks, easily better than a hundred. Called my buddy who had been hunting with me, he answered the phone and I asked him to look at his arm, he asked why and I said just look! All I heard was WHAT THE ****! I gotta go! And he hung up.

I went ape ****, got one of those green scrubby pads and scrubbed every inch of my body. Looked them up online and they're called seed ticks, nasty little ****ers, evidently they're babies and not extremely dangerous unless they go unnoticed and unattended. And that's why I'm not a fan of hunting season starting in September.

Archived