Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Draft - "And with the 6th pick, the Washington Redskins select...Riley Reiff OT from Iowa"...

jayneal7

That's my choice. Time to quit letting our QBs get their teeth kicked in and build the new hogs. Grab the best interior lineman in the 2nd rd. In the 3rd take a shot at a rookie QB - Kellen Moore anyone?...

It's time to start physically manhandling other teams like we used to do.

HTTR

Our line needs to be upgraded there's no doubt about that, whether or not it needs to be with out first round pick I don't know.

On that same note, out defensive front-7 could use another run-stuffer. We'll be getting Jenkins back next year so that should help, but Cofield simply isn't an every down NT, and I think there's a good chance he could be a lot more effective if he wasn't being used as an every down NT.

It's time for some fans to move on and accept that this isn't the 80s anymore and you don't win by "winning up front" you win with a superior QB.

and how do u think ANY QB would be able to do with our current offensive line? i say we build our o-line and then when we have better o-linemen, we can get a QB in two years that can actually play well with a better o-line.

I agree that our QB sucks, but why draft a rookie just to watch him get decapitated like Jason Campbell did for 4 years. JC has a 100 QB rating this year for Oakland. Anyone who believes that winning in the trenches is "1980's" and no longer essential has never played football. The only QB worth stressing over in this draft is Andrew Luck, and we'll have to mortgage the farm to move that high. Build a line to protect and run block this year, and go after our QB next year. Might just get a solid QB in rd 3 or 4 anyway...

Our OL is fine. They give up the occasional pressures sure, what OL doesn't? The only position we may need to upgrade is at RT and we don't need to invest a 1st round pick there.

An elite QB and an average OL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an average QB with an elite OL. This ain't the 80s anymore.

It's time for some fans to move on and accept that this isn't the 80s anymore and you don't win by "winning up front" you win with a superior QB.

How is your superior QB going to be superior if he is getting hit, or rushing throws, or sacked every other play. Even Interceptus Rex looks good when he has time to let plays develop, or find the open guy.

Case Keenum anyone? More accurate than Andrew Luck, a later round pickup so we can pick up a skill player or a lineman, and wont cost us a lot.

Our OL is fine. They give up the occasional pressures sure, what OL doesn't? The only position we may need to upgrade is at RT and we don't need to invest a 1st round pick there.

An elite QB and an average OL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an average QB with an elite OL. This ain't the 80s anymore.

The OL is fine. Building another Hogs is impractical if not impossible. The best teams don't have the best OLs, they have the best QBs. Join us in 2011.

You are aware that Brady, Rogers and the other top QBs are playing in organizations who have built solid lines to protect them. Put Brady behind our line and watch him implode too. No QB can do his job when he's getting hit in the mouth on every other pass play. We have one of, if not THE WORST offensive lines in the NFL. It has been that way for a long time. Build a real NFL line instead of the swiss cheese garbage we roll out there every week, and you may find that the 1st rd stud QB we eventually draft will be successful. We've had a lot of QBs roll through here and fail in the last 20 yrs. There has been one constant through all of that...a crap O-line.

You are aware that Brady, Rogers and the other top QBs are playing in organizations who have built solid lines to protect them. Put Brady behind our line and watch him implode too. No QB can do his job when he's getting hit in the mouth on every other pass play. We have one of, if not THE WORST offensive lines in the NFL. It has been that way for a long time. Build a real NFL line instead of the swiss cheese garbage we roll out there every week, and you may find that the 1st rd stud QB we eventually draft will be successful. We've had a lot of QBs roll through here and fail in the last 20 yrs. There has been one constant through all of that...a crap O-line.

The Packers OL is average at best. So is the Steelers.

What teams have the best OLs in the NFL? Does anyone even know? Does anyone outside Redskins fans really even care that much? QB play matters a lot more. Get a great QB and you can win Super Bowls with average OLs.

The Packers OL is average at best. So is the Steelers.

What teams have the best OLs in the NFL? Does anyone even know? Does anyone outside Redskins fans really even care that much? QB play matters a lot more. Get a great QB and you can win Super Bowls with average OLs.

Yup, our line has only given up 3 more sacks than the Packers OL. And a lot of that has to do with John Beck's ineptitude. Yet, Aaron Rodgers would TOTALLY be awful if he came here. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I think to many of our older generation redskin fans are still stuck in the old ways, which is probaly why we still haven't moved away from the glory days of the past. I believe if Redskins Nation want to get back to the Super Bowl we have to find our franchise QB.

Stupid remark.

Elway,Manning,Marino,etc...never completed a pass flat on their back.

Well no ****. But you don't need a dominant OL. Obviously they have to be able to block for a couple of seconds but an average OL can do that.

Can anyone tell me who has the best OL in the NFL right now? I honestly don't know because quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. The best teams in the NFL all have the best QBs. THAT is the main constant.

Skins fans have this obsession over the OL. We all love the Hogs, but that was a different generation of football. All a great OL will do now is buy your mediocre QB an extra couple of seconds to do what? Throw a pick or get sacked anyway because opposing DLs are beasts nowadays and opposing Ds are built around pressuring the QB because that's the only way to reliably play D.

Agreed. I think to many of our older generation redskin fans are still stuck in the old ways, which is probaly why we still haven't moved away from the glory days of the past. I believe if Redskins Nation want to get back to the Super Bowl we have to find our franchise QB.

An elite QB with an average OL: Rodgers and his line.

An average QB with an elite OL: Ryan Fitzpatrick and his line.

Let's see which one we'd rather take...

---------- Post added December-25th-2011 at 01:39 PM ----------

Skins fans have this obsession over the OL. We all love the Hogs, but that was a different generation of football. All a great OL will do now is buy your mediocre QB an extra couple of seconds to do what? Throw a pick or get sacked anyway because opposing DLs are beasts nowadays and opposing Ds are built around pressuring the QB because that's the only way to reliably play D.

One thing people fail to realize is that the Hogs can never be replicated. The difference in size and skill level between those guys and their opponents would be unheard of in today's NFL. We'd need to find 5 450 lb linemen who can run 4.8 40s and bench press 225 60 times. lol

That's my choice. Time to quit letting our QBs get their teeth kicked in and build the new hogs. Grab the best interior lineman in the 2nd rd. In the 3rd take a shot at a rookie QB - Kellen Moore anyone?...

It's time to start physically manhandling other teams like we used to do.

HTTR

Take out John Beck's 10 sack laugher (with Rex we give up 2 sacks per game on average with a line that has been shattered by injury/suspension, and the Bills did not have a SINGLE sack going into that game) and we would have around 30 sacks allowed right now. 30 sacks allowed would be tied for 10th least in the NFL.

I think our line, outside finding a good bookend RT (Bell)? is just fine. Maybe not dominant, but it's probably top 15ish, and at worst top 20.

Just stop. Good offensive lines do not make bad quarterbacks into good quarterbacks.

One thing people fail to realize is that the Hogs can never be replicated. The difference in size and skill level between those guys and their opponents would be unheard of in today's NFL. We'd need to find 5 450 lb linemen who can run 4.8 40s and bench press 225 60 times. lol

Also, you'd have to pay each of them 40-60 million dollars a year with bonuses between 15-25 million dollars.

Stupid remark.

Elway,Manning,Marino,etc...never completed a pass flat on their back.

I agree we have to win up front, but not every time. I think too many people believe we need a dominant line like the HOG's to get back to the Super Bowl. I also believe some Redskin fans feel if a Qb is pressured then it's the O-line fault, but it could be the Qb not releasing the ball out fast enough. I strongly feel we need an elite Qb over an elite O-line.

And as great as the Hogs were, they got whipped routinely by Lawrence Taylor. Nowadays guys like LT are all over the place, and give everyone trouble. See guys like Ware, Suggs, Matthews, JPP, etc. I'm not saying those guys are as good as LT, my point is that they're similar type pass rushers that give even great OL fits.

Nobody is saying an OL doesn't matter, of course it does, but in terms of team building priority a QB is WORLDS more important. You can get away with an average OL, teams have won Super Bowls doing that, but you CAN NOT sustain success over a long period of time without a franchise QB. Look at the teams that are great year in and year out. Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Colts(before this year when their QB got hurt), all have the best QBs.

Archived