Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Draft - "And with the 6th pick, the Washington Redskins select...Riley Reiff OT from Iowa"...

jayneal7

Uh yeah...'cause drafting "skill position" players over O-line has been so successful for us in the past...LOL Football has been and usually will be won by the teams that physically shove the other team around.

Here's just some food for thought when talking about needing a great OL.

Packers Starting OL Steelers OL and Patriots OL. 3 OL's with Franchise QB's behind it

Packers OL

Marshall Newhouse 5th round

TJ Lang 4th round

Scott Wells 7th round

Josh Sitton 4th round

Bryan Bulaga 1st round

Steelers OL

Max Starks 3rd round

Doug Legursky undrafted

Maurkice Pouncey 1st round

Ramon Foster undrafted

Marcus Gilbert 2nd round

Patriots OL

Matt Light 2nd round

Logan Mankins 1st round

Dan Connolly undrafted

Brian Waters undrafted

Nate Solder 1st round

As you can see there you dont need a top notch OL of guys drafted early on to have a successful team. You need a unit that can work well together. in this draft you can't just take an OL at 6 over a guy who has a better value. In round 2 when a RT has a higher value you take them then, but not early on in the draft.

I've said it repeatedly: The best offensive line in the league is in Cleveland. Why do you want to copy Cleveland? Why God why?

Hmm? That's definitely not true. They've got a great Center and Left Tackle. But that's it' date=' the rest of their line is garbage.

Check out some stats used to convey the effectiveness of an offensive line.

[url']http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol[/url]

---------- Post added January-4th-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Here's just some food for thought when talking about needing a great OL.

Packers Starting OL Steelers OL and Patriots OL. 3 OL's with Franchise QB's behind it

Packers OL

Marshall Newhouse 5th round

TJ Lang 4th round

Scott Wells 7th round

Josh Sitton 4th round

Bryan Bulaga 1st round

This isn't quite true. Chad Clifton is their starting LT, he just got injured. But he's healthy now and will be starting at LT in the playoffs. He was drafted in the 2nd round.

If you watched any games this year it was painfully obvious that the most glaring need was QB. It wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility to take 2 QB in the draft, one in the 1st and one in the late rounds as the backup.

The Skins need to hit the reset button at QB; Grossman and Beck need to be released.

• 2 weeks later...

[

I don't think the 49ers win it all this year; indeed their path through to the Super Bowl may better suit them (cold weather) than the actual Super Bowl itself which is always played in warmer weather. But I don't think they go into Lambeau and take one from the Packers. It is football, though. Any given Sunday, right?

To the point of the actual thread though - I think we agree we need a QB more than any other position on our roster. That is obvious. I have enjoyed debating this with you though, wouldn't mind watching that SF vs. NO game with a few beers with you, loser pays for the beer haha.

Step 1 is done moon, sf took care of NO's. Wish i was with ya drinking those free beers.

Question....Is it custom or will teams like St. Louis(probably not now since Fisher probably hates us), Minnesota, Cleveland(providing they don't take a QB), and TB to call us and see if we can make a better offer than a team trying to move up?? And do u think teams will flat out lie about others trying to move up?

If you watched any games this year it was painfully obvious that the most glaring need was QB. It wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibility to take 2 QB in the draft, one in the 1st and one in the late rounds as the backup.

The Skins need to hit the reset button at QB; Grossman and Beck need to be released.

No, they need to be released and every lock and key changed and Redskins Park moved so they have no hope of ever finding the place or being let inside again. That being said, unless we signt a free agent QB, I think Rex will be back and give in to the new QB fairly soon.

Archived