Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN "Colts say if Peyton Manning plays next year he will be a Colt AND...

DeadExField

I don't know. If the beat Jacksonville, then I'll buy the fact that they weren't tanking. I think they are still in position to draft #1 overall. If they win next week, I will take that as the middle finger. Until then, I'll wait and see.

They could have VERY easily packed it in and let Foster get that first down, or any number of things on their last drive. They're not tanking.

Tanking the season? Nope. Colts are my second favorite team now. They pretty much just gave the finger to everyone who was talking about tanking the season for a player.

I don't know. If they beat Jacksonville, then I'll buy the fact that they weren't tanking. I think they are still in position to draft #1 overall. If they win next week, I will take that as the middle finger. Until then, I'll wait and see.

while I admire the colts players for getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to give an honest effort when playing a game for a living, I'd be furious if I was a fan and had to sit though this season, with the only silver lining being a potential stud QB in the draft, only to see it dashed in the final 3 games...

while I admire the colts players for getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to give an honest effort when playing a game for a living, I'd be furious if I was a fan and had to sit though this season, with the only silver lining being a potential stud QB in the draft, only to see it dashed in the final 3 games...

Given that the teams around the Colts don't need a QB, I wouldn't exactly call it "dashed". Fact is, there haven't been too many takers for the #1 pick in a long time. The last time it happened, it was because Eli Manning forced the issue.

Given that the teams around the Colts don't need a QB, I wouldn't exactly call it "dashed". Fact is, there haven't been too many takers for the #1 pick in a long time. The last time it happened, it was because Eli Manning forced the issue.

if the colts win the final game, rather than getting luck for a draft pick, they will have to contend with a litany of teams trying to trade up for him... that would be horrible for the organization and their ability to address other needs on their roster... and teams will trade up now that there is a rookie pay scale... there are no more 50 million guaranteed contracts waiting for draftees...

That doesn't mean it will be Luck. I've believed for a while that they'll practice Manning under the radar and see if he can play. If he can, they'll draft his replacement but trade the #1 pick

Yeah, I'm not thinking that missing out on Luck would be the end of the world for Indy, particularly when they need to replace a lot of talent.

Yeah, I'm not thinking that missing out on Luck would be the end of the world for Indy, particularly when they need to replace a lot of talent.

I really can see them auctioning off that first pick to the highest bidder. Think about that if a team at #10 wants to trade up to the #1 pick. According to the draft chart, that's basically an entire draft and a couple of picks for next year.

Colts could keep Peyton, trade out of #1, make a killing with draft picks, and still take a mid-1st-2nd round QB to groom as the replacement. Win/win for them.

Colts could keep Peyton, trade out of #1, make a killing with draft picks, and still take a mid-1st-2nd round QB to groom as the replacement. Win/win for them.

That's what I've been saying for the past two months, if not longer. The funny thing is, the Rams are going to do the same thing (trade out and build around Bradford). Win/win for us, too :D

If you're trading Andrew Luck to keep Peyton Manning, then you better be committing to Manninf for at least 4 years, which is how long your rookie would need to wait to become a FA. Drafting a QB in the first round just to sit him on the bench until he can sign somewhere else is not a very wise use of resources.

If you're trading Andrew Luck to keep Peyton Manning, then you better be committing to Manninf for at least 4 years, which is how long your rookie would need to wait to become a FA. Drafting a QB in the first round just to sit him on the bench until he can sign somewhere else is not a very wise use of resources.

Well trading out of #1 gives them a lot of options. So maybe you don't take a 1st round QB later this draft. Maybe you wait and package some of your 6 1sts over the next 3 years to acquire one of the top QBs 2 years from now. All the while stockpiling the team with cheap young talent to go with your HOF QB.

Well trading out of #1 gives them a lot of options. So maybe you don't take a 1st round QB later this draft. Maybe you wait and package some of your 6 1sts over the next 3 years to acquire one of the top QBs 2 years from now. All the while stockpiling the team with cheap young talent to go with your HOF QB.

Not disagreeing with any of that really, just that you can't take a QB in the 1st or even top of the 2nd now. You could take an NFL ready guy to be a back-up, like maybe Weeden in the 3rd, or maybe a project in the late rounds. But QB real early doesn't make sense.

If Manning is healthy and ready to play next season, there is NO WAY Luck will want to go to Indy.

Luck and his people probably feel he can play now (and you really don't sit the top pick in the draft like you would, say, the 30th pick).

Manning could play for another 3 or 4 years. Luck isn't going to want to sit on the bench that long like some project QB.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Luck pull an Elway on this.

Tanking the season? Nope. Colts are my second favorite team now. They pretty much just gave the finger to everyone who was talking about tanking the season for a player.

what would be the real middle finger is them playing all of us like harps. touting that first overall pick like the golden ticket to the chocolate factory all the while never planning to take luck, instead just ransoming him off to the highest bidder for a kings ransom of high draft picks, and then picking tannehill in the second round.

Archived